The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hellonasty

Lophophora In flower !

Beautiful man! How big was that loph when you grafted it in the last picture? And how long has it been there? I recently did my first loph to pedro graft and it's growing so damn fast it's crazy.

The last one was a 2 week old seedling when grafted, I'm not exactly sure when it was done but I would think it's about 2 years old, may be a little more.

Edited by Hellonasty
  • Like 1

I've never tried grafting a seedling to a big columnar like that. Is there anything special you had to do? Like a humidity tank or darkness for a few days after the graft is done?

Really nice, I'd like to try this.......so the 2 year old graft............do you remember how long after grafting it produced the 4 pups?

The pups are only a new addition, I think they formed at the end of the last growing season. Pups on grafted plants are extremely variable they can form any time.

I've never tried grafting a seedling to a big columnar like that. Is there anything special you had to do? Like a humidity tank or darkness for a few days after the graft is done?

I don't know what Hellonasty does when grafting young seedlings onto Trich's but I have been experimenting and to make successful grafts I have found the two most important things are using new growth at the very tip of the stock or grafting onto newly formed pups. The second is to apply pressure but you have to be careful you don't squash your scion. I did always use something for humidity for a few days but I did a couple the other day without and they seam ok so far. I wont go into it any more here as I am side tracking the thread. :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Yeah GOT is spot on, the most important factors are that the scion is in active growth and to graft to new growth on the stock. I have found they grow really quickly when grafted in this fashion.

• Like 2

Here is an example of what is possible grafting with this method

I will call it Soccer Ball Loph !!

10619767865_3b54ba4784_c.jpg

10619764105_397c576da4_c.jpg

10620047423_9d18131512_c.jpg

• Like 5

That's just amazing man~!

Check out this video

Peyote Bonzai (HUGE peyote gafted on san pedro.)

Thanks for the tips friends!