The Corroboree
Yeti101

Trade Thread issues

See, this is the thing - I have never waited to receive anything before I sent my contribution on to the next person. If someone was to rip me off by not sending me what they had promised in the free trade thread, that would be between us - the recipient of my wares could still carry the thread forward and disruption would end with me.

True, this approach might mean that I end up being sent nothing. But I figure that the free trade thread isn't just about me.

I totally agree. My point is that many people do just this - offer items they expect to receive, then blame the previous poster if they can't complete the trade they promised. It needs to stop.

Just got a PM from Matt1208:

"hey mate I don't think the post in the trading reputations is quiet correct, I did however trade some of the seeds and planted some I had on offer not realising that they were the seeds I had in the free trade forum, I did offer other seeds to the user in replace of the seeds I didn't have but he did not want them, given this I don't see how I reneged on the offer and I don't think the post is correct or quiet appropriate. thanks."

With the attached image.

He didn't reserve the seeds and stuffed doublebenno around, as you can see from the pic. He won't accept responsibility and failed to reserve the seeds he offered.

And doublebenno then reneged as well. EDIT: doublebenno did the right thing in doing this. Sorry mate.

Edited by Cimi

image attached

post-9438-0-92827600-1391244071_thumb.pn

post-9438-0-92827600-1391244071_thumb.png

post-9438-0-92827600-1391244071_thumb.png

Edited by Cimi

My reply to Matt1208 was as follows:

"The image shows that it is correct. You failed to reserve your seeds offered in the free trade thread. It had only been 10 days. Mistakes happen, but you have no basis to argue that you weren't in the wrong. Being so new to the forum you need to take care not to get bad rep. That is why the trade rep forum is there. You will need to work on building up some good rep now, and don't make any more mistakes like this in the future."

Link to Matt1208's rep thread: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37555&p=452825

Edited by Cimi

He didn't reserve the seeds and stuffed doublebenno around, as you can see from the pic. He won't accept responsibility and failed to reserve the seeds he offered.

No, we can't see anything from the pic as it's just a thumbnail. And even if we could, it seems like bad form to publicly display someone elses PMs. Maybe try to resolve this another way. This thread and your post in Matt's trading rep (which seems reasonable to me, btw) should be enough. The trade thread is problematic for several reasons and stalls every now and then, but people have suggested some constructive ways to keep it moving. It just sucks that you got caught up in it this time around.

• Like 2

The pic has been updated and the posts can now be read.

I'm publicly displaying his PMs because he is harassing me for posting legitimate feedback in the trade rep forum. He has now created a new account, flappybird, to start over without this negative rep. Just doing my bit to keep the forums honest.

Edited by Cimi

Have you reported any of this directly to the mods? Making duplicate accounts is a big no-no and they will be able to confirm if this has happened.

Anyway, I've put my mediocre seed stash where my mouth is to try to get the free thread started again. Hopefully we get a better run this time.

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 3

is this how all new members here are treated? Getting accused of all this because I am giving away some seeds that I received from matt1208??? I DO NOT APPRECIATE the way I am being treated because of an assumption, do people have nothing better to do? Getting all my posts spammed by this bullshit? How is this fair? how is it right? I don't know what he done for this to start but why bring it all onto me and accuse me of having 2 accounts with no actual proof other then the fact I have the same seeds as he does? Ever think maybe I go the seeds when he offered these for trade? pfffft you my friend are a joke to society !!!!!!

Edited by flappybird
  • Like 2

Big coincidence how this user was created right after I posted my matt1208 trade rep thread. Both users initially located in Dubbo (now changed to NSW), and both users offering native frangipani seeds. Also giving each other positive feedback in trade rep forum. Pretty obvious.

• Like 1

mate I haven't given anyone positive feed back? And get your facts right this account was created a few weeks ago thank you very much. Righto like I said "assumptions" I got them seeds from him.

• Like 2

Just got a PM from Matt1208:

"hey mate I don't think the post in the trading reputations is quiet correct, I did however trade some of the seeds and planted some I had on offer not realising that they were the seeds I had in the free trade forum, I did offer other seeds to the user in replace of the seeds I didn't have but he did not want them, given this I don't see how I reneged on the offer and I don't think the post is correct or quiet appropriate. thanks."

With the attached image.

And doublebenno then reneged as well.

Hey dude im not sure how to take that reneged as well comment but it kinda seems negative, so I'll explain a little on my side. I pulled my post heatedly because I was disappointed in the way it went for me. I wouldnt have done so had any member accepted my offer prior to me pulling it.

Im new here and in fact never been on any forum before this one. Im getting a bit fed up with trades and cash sales not going well for me and im kinda starting to think its cause im a newb. Of course majority of people I deal with are great..

This situation is at the top of a pile that has left me pretty much not interested in online trading anymore...

However if it is frowned upon (my own ..... reneg) I am more than willing to put my offer back on the table, as I do not want any negativity assosiated with my beautiful unicorn avatar.

DB

Edited by doublebenno
  • Like 1

like I said to doublebenno I was sorry that some of the seeds weren't there, I offered seeds in place of them and it is only fair that he didn't want them, what I don't like however is some guy I have never traded with nor even spoken to is posting in the reputations forum about the matter? if doublebenno had posted there it would have been fine but the fact that its someone that had nothing to do with the trade nor the offer, and is now throwing accusations against me and my friend with the only evidence has has is the fact floppybird is offering seeds I gave him, and is now giving us both a bad name and reputation based on his own assumptions.

Hey dude im not sure how to take that reneged as well comment but it kinda seems negative, so I'll explain a little on my side. I pulled my post heatedly because I was disappointed in the way it went for me. I wouldnt have done so had any member accepted my offer prior to me pulling it.
Im new here and in fact never been on any forum before this one. Im getting a bit fed up with trades and cash sales not going well for me and im kinda starting to think its cause im a newb. Of course majority of people I deal with are great..

This situation is at the top of a pile that has left me pretty much not interested in online trading anymore...
However if it is frowned upon (my own ..... reneg) I am more than willing to put my offer back on the table, as I do not want any negativity assosiated with my beautiful unicorn avatar.
DB

I'm sorry it does sound negative but actually I wish more people did what you did (pulling your offer because you weren't given what was advertised). It would have been good if you could have posted about your negative experience in the trade rep forum so that other members could be warned about Matt1208 / flappybird as well.

I agree that you shouldn't have to trade if you didn't receive what was promised, but if somebody after you had already accepted your offer you would be screwing them the same way you were screwed. But there wasn't anyone else yet, so it was probably a good way to respond.

Sorry I spoke harshly. It was good that you stood up for yourself in the trade.

Edited by Cimi
  • Like 1

like I said to doublebenno I was sorry that some of the seeds weren't there, I offered seeds in place of them and it is only fair that he didn't want them, what I don't like however is some guy I have never traded with nor even spoken to is posting in the reputations forum about the matter? if doublebenno had posted there it would have been fine but the fact that its someone that had nothing to do with the trade nor the offer, and is now throwing accusations against me and my friend with the only evidence has has is the fact floppybird is offering seeds I gave him, and is now giving us both a bad name and reputation based on his own assumptions.

So you gave flappybird the seeds? because in the trade rep forum you said you got seeds FROM flappybird. You haven't been very smart about this.

is this how all new members here are treated? Getting accused of all this because I am giving away some seeds that I received from matt1208??? I DO NOT APPRECIATE the way I am being treated because of an assumption, do people have nothing better to do? Getting all my posts spammed by this bullshit? How is this fair? how is it right? I don't know what he done for this to start but why bring it all onto me and accuse me of having 2 accounts with no actual proof other then the fact I have the same seeds as he does? Ever think maybe I go the seeds when he offered these for trade? pfffft you my friend are a joke to society !!!!!!

if youd learn to read better youd see in both of these and the photo you added to the reputation forum it CLEARLY states that I gave him these seeds mate

So you gave flappybird the seeds? because in the trade rep forum you said you got seeds FROM flappybird. You haven't been very smart about this.

and back to my previous statement is the fact that you (who never had anything to do with the convisation nor the trade) is posting in the reputation forums about the matter ? why is that ?

Edited by Matt1208
  • Like 1

Because I saw you not following through on trades and then attempting to obscure the negative feedback about it afterwards. In this thread, you can see the problem of people being too polite to post negative feedback about others, and then others getting screwed in the future because of this.

post-9438-0-48883600-1391254862_thumb.pn

And this is where you said you "got everything as expected" from flappybird, as Matt1208.

post-9438-0-48883600-1391254862_thumb.png

post-9438-0-48883600-1391254862_thumb.png

Edited by Cimi

so you thought youd take it upon yourself to accuse me of having multiple accounts on what?

• Like 1

If anyone has an issue with a trade or trader please feel free to pm me or make a report in the relevant thread. It is very important that all trades receive honest feedback

The free trade thread seems to cause a lot more greif than good in its current form and i will lock it for the moment until the moderation team figure the best way forward.

i am very sorry for any trades that may not happen due to me locking the thread but for now i think it is the best thing to do.

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios
  • Like 1

There will be an annoucement about the Matt1208 and flappybird issue on sunday night. I suggest all sides drop the issue till then.

The annoucement will either be by flappybird or by me and will be a separate thread, but I will link it from here.

Mods can look at my version of the thread as it is hidden in chill space. Please do not act on the content. Everyone else please be patient as this is rather complex.

Oh golly... I wonder what has been stumbled upon.

Why not inside the free trade thread have at the beginning the word pending and whe n received edited to completed. It's a quick check people can see who have failed and timespan since they agreed to the trade - just a thought?

• Like 2

or how about......

no participation in free trade threads till 5 or more positive posts have been obtained in ones trade reputation thread.

If meeting this requirement a participant then fails to deliver their vvv for whatever reason, no exceptions, then 5 of the last positive comments in their trade thread are deleted.

This can be corupted by receivers denying the arrival of their vvv, though this has allways been the case with free trade threads.

Send with tracking or registed post its inexpensive and also provides the sender with peice of mind.

• Like 6