The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Acacia King

Anyone Keen to Make Some Aussie Hip Hop Beats??

I have been writing some Aussie Hip Hop lyrics recently. I have tried my hand at sampling and production with a few different programs. Clearly I lack the patients and talent for this. To put it bluntly, after a week or 2 it was obvious I just plain suck at this part.

It's crazy frustrating that the only lyric free hip hop tracks I can find are incredibly american and wreak of gangsta rap.

I'm wondering if there are any other Aussie Hip Hop fans who have produced any tracks in the past or would like to try their hand at it.

I now realise that my linguistic flare is in no way match by musical talent and am now on the hunt for a collaborator.

Peace

Hi,

I am always interested in creating some music for local talent. I have been producing for some 15 years now and can get some beats laid down for you. I work mainly with DnB and Techno now but love to throw some slow beats together. I am a big fan of Big Village records and love the New album they released for Artist Suburban Dark http://www.bigvillagerecords.com.au/artists/suburban-dark/. If you wanted some grimey tech influenced beats I'd take great pride in producing this stuff. At the moment my Studio is in pieces for some renovation so by the end of Nov I'll be up and running with some new hardware to keep my creative juices flowing. I have a lot of Old Stuff uploaded which I will link to here but its only a small percentage of what I have produced and its starting to age now. There is a slower project called axiom battles. A few DnB tracks uploaded under Gearlobe and also some tech under the moniker Thetasonic. Track 2 (Dead on the Floor- Axiom Battles) is a Tupac DnB remix I threw together when I was bored one day, Id love to write more of this electronicly busy style hip hop if your keen. I can either write beats around your lyrics which means I get to use your accapella to jazz up the production a bit. This can work well as I can do all sorts of crazy things to your recording to freshen it up . Check it out and get in touch if your keen :)

https://soundcloud.com/axiom-battles (Ambient/Glitch/Chill/Electro)

https://soundcloud.com/gearlobe (DnB/TechStep/NeuroFunk)

https://soundcloud.com/thetasonic (PsyTrance/Prog/Techno/House)

Edited by Slybacon

Dude!!! That sounds epic!!!!!

I can'

t listen to your tracks right now as I am at work but am itching to finish so I can. I can't tell you how grateful I am that you are keen.

Glitchy Grimmy Tech influence is something I have never thought of before but nearly jumped out of my chair when I read it. As I think you are describing my other favorite musical niche. It's always a bit hard interpreting exactly what sound someone means when they describe dance but I am guessing you mean something similar to say Porter Robinson or Knife Party... maybe not now that I read the D&B part.

Whatever you mean it sounds awesome dude. I have warn at this stage I am pretty fresh at all of this and have had a bit of trouble getting the whole writing process to flow with out a beats to work around, so don't expect to recieve a grammy award winning track back from me.

I would be really keen to record and send vocals down to you down the track for you to play around with but at this stage if I could get some tracks off you when you are ready so I can try and workl around them.

Seriously dude. You get my 'Champ of the month award'. Certainly made my day.

Look forward to talking to you more about all of it.

Peace

• Like 1

I love this new shit coming out of Aussie Hip Hop.....We are Leading the Way!!!

I also love Daily Meds. Insane was an Epic track. Nearly blew my car speakers when I first heard this on the J's

Edited by Slybacon

HeY mate.

Had a good listen to your tracks and they all sound sick! I really like the idea of putting together some electro sorta hip hop. I was thinking when I had heard a cover like that that I loved. It was a like a version with spit syndicate covering disclosures latch. Have a listen.

Yeah the Oz hip hop thats coming out right now is awesome. Its really come ahead in the last few years. Particularly production wise.

Just to givw you an idea of what ive been getting my inspiration from. I loose it for Bliss n Eso. Any of there stuff is mad but I also really like seth sentry. Here are a couple of stand outs in my mind.

But in terms of the flow I am going for These 2 spit syndicate tracks are it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QzZTURViXRY

Im pretty strapped for cash atm cause im getting married next month but ill try and get a mic this week so I can record some accapellas to send down to you.

Any advice on programs for recording vocals?

Thanks again bro. I am really excited about all of this!

• Like 1

Will Have a listen but by reading your influences I know what your into. Good times for you by the sound of it, no wonder your keen to lay down some raps sounds like you have plenty of positive inspiration.

With Mics there is plenty of shit out there. If your strapped and don't have much other gear I heard these are good >

http://www.ixymic.com/

Should solve all your recording issues. Just put a beat on in your headphones and record away. :)

I'll be in back in the studio again mid November. I'll see what what beats I have here you can play with till then.