The Corroboree
frozenthunderbolt

NZ Seed and plant trades - not buy and sell

Hey. Just here to say I'm back in the game (or almost) and have heaps of stuff to post out Monday. Sorry to anyone who is reading this who is waiting on seeds from me, I have been run off my feet and too unorganised to get things sorted but haven't forgotten and will get everything on its way very soon.

While I'm at it though, I need one or two keen kiwis to help me with my crazy seed bank. Its time for me to be realistic and accept I can't grow this many seeds in my available garden space. So if you're keen on a bunch of seed, (cacti, ethno, herb, vege, chilli, conifer and nz native) I will send you some which needs to be sown. All I ask is maybe a few fresh seeds if you have some set in autumn so I can try out various vege crops and herbs next summer when I am a bit more organised and have more space available.

Pm me. NZ only due to customs restrictions.

Thanks.

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Hi guys.

Good to see more New Zealander's popping up on here. :)

I have also been pretty busy, and off the radar lately but I am now on holiday so I have bit more time!

With the warm weather and the help of a few generous people I now I have a number of spare plants/seeds available to trade:

Seeds:

Argemore mexicana (Prickly poppy)

Datura inoxia

Heimia myrtifolia or Heimia salicifolia (unsure of species)

Nicotiana species (unknown - most likely N. tabacum)

Silene capensis

Plants:

Artemisia vulgaris (Mugwort)

Heimia myrtifolia or Heimia salicifolia (unsure of species)

Sceletium tortuosum (Kanna)

Pereskiopsis spathulata

Will add more if I find them.

PM me if your interested in anything.

Cheers, Tio.

Edited by Tio
  • Like 2

Hey a huge thanks to Nemisty for sorting me out with some wonderful wonderful cacti, seeds, and great advice. It's really appreciated.

• Like 2

Adding to my wish list:

- Mandrake

- Damiana

- Eyebright species.

Happy to beg borrow purchase steal or swap

My N Rustica is flowering now and i will shortly be swamped with seed if anyone wants some in trade - also have a bazzillion read opium poppy seeds, callendulas and cosmos fresh this year

• Like 1

Adding to my wish list:

-Mandrake

Ha! You'll be wishing for a long time yet mate, and so will I.

I have "American mandrake" aka May-apple, but never heard of the real deal available here.

post-8023-0-98875800-1388100484_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-73246100-1388100524_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Ha! You'll be wishing for a long time yet mate, and so will I.

I have "American mandrake" aka May-apple, but never heard of the real deal available here.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I have some nice round spineless cacti if u catch my drift. Trades considered although they all cost me a fair bob.

I'll look into the may-apple - not come accross that before . . .

As to cacti trade, not too fussed at the moment - have one of the budding ones (L. caespitosas) at the moment - grafted onto pedro. Would love to get it to flower for some seed though - if yours flower i'd love to buy some seed from you

Edited by frozenthunderbolt

Bit of a random request...

I was just wondering if any of our resident kiwis are hunters or have family who are.

I'm seeking bone, antler, tooth and tusk for creative projects.

Would be very happy to trade plants or buy any of these if the price is reasonable.

Can't hurt to try right?

• Like 1

Bit of a random request...

I was just wondering if any of our resident kiwis are hunters or have family who are.

I'm seeking bone, antler, tooth and tusk for creative projects.

Would be very happy to trade plants or buy any of these if the price is reasonable.

Can't hurt to try right?

I've got some beef shin bone prepped and slabbed up I can send you if you want - was carving a lot a few years ago, haven't recently. You're welcome to some :) I've got more whole bone sun bleaching, so no worries there.

Hope to go for a hunt in a week or so - If I have any luck i'll let you know :wink:

Woo hoo!

That would be excellent!

Someone please save these poor cacti seedlings from me.

They will only meet their doom at my house.

Some really nice hybrids, but the cat knocked off the tray and now they are just mixed trichocereus.

post-8023-0-98297800-1388881199_thumb.jp

Pm me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 2

Someone please save these poor cacti seedlings from me.

They will only meet their doom at my house.

Some really nice hybrids, but the cat knocked off the tray and now they are just mixed trichocereus.

Poor little babies!

I'm sorry but my green house is now just about at capacity (until i build more shelves mwahahahaha)

+ I FINALY got so cactus seed to sprout! and have the first 7 babies of my very own to find places for when they get older :wink:

Sweet! What kinda cactus seeds did you sprout dude?

- I also have some neglected Peres and god knows what else for anyone who is keen. I'm having a big clean up so nows the time to bug me if anyone's looking for anything cactus-wise. I am happy to give away a good few plants as my aesthetic has changed.. And the plants are still there.

Oh and I found heaps of long lost seeds in the clean up process, I won't sow them all so pipe up if ur after anything:

Patchouli

Anise hyssop

Amaranth

Prickly poppy

White sage

What I think is blue monkshood (very poisonous if I ID'd the parent plant correctly)

Bhut jolokia

Lovage

Phalaris

Basil

T. Peruvianus

T. Ayacucho x T. Pachanoi

Edited by Ceres
  • Like 1

Sweet list you got there

Edited by Nemisty

Edited by Ceres

nevermind :)

Edited by Nemisty

Oops :o

Not that!

Ceres could hook u up with boar tusks

I wish I could accept but I'd say customs would have a fit :(

Thanks for the offer though.

I wish I could accept but I'd say customs would have a fit :(

Thanks for the offer though.

are you sure....as long as they are well cleaned ...disinfected..........and declared................but I'm just guessing

Sweet! What kinda cactus seeds did you sprout dude?

- I also have some neglected Peres and god knows what else for anyone who is keen. I'm having a big clean up so nows the time to bug me if anyone's looking for anything cactus-wise. I am happy to give away a good few plants as my aesthetic has changed.. And the plants are still there.

Oh and I found heaps of long lost seeds in the clean up process, I won't sow them all so pipe up if ur after anything:

Patchouli

Anise hyssop

Amaranth

Prickly poppy

White sage

What I think is blue monkshood (very poisonous if I ID'd the parent plant correctly)

Bhut jolokia

Lovage

Phalaris

Basil

T. Peruvianus

Heya Ceres,

My babies are pach x peru i think

I'd love some or all of the following!

Patchouli

Prickly poppy

White sage

What I think is blue monkshood

Phalaris

T. Peruvianus

Cheers!

• Like 1

If anyone needs pereskiopsis I have a ridiculous amount at the moment.

Pay postage and its yours.

*** Okay I've been cleaned out for now! ***

Edited by Nemisty
  • Like 2

Hi...............POLLEN WANTED......... :)

I have a San P with 2 buds and would really like to cross it with a trich hybrid........or something that will give useful seed................could be only days away from flowering?.......................I have seeds to trade of Cleistocactus strausii .....3 types of cereus, some saguaro seed (still testing)....

Edited by Dreamwalker.

SEEDS to give away.................................

Carnegiea gigantea Saguaro

just got a batch from AZS.. (many thanks :) ).........who's kindly provided extras for any nz members who would like some...they are there to be shared.........

..........(will make exceptions for OZ members or beyond that have previously shared seed with me)...................

AZS recommends......"Please soak the seeds for 30 minutes or so in distilled water and scrub any organic material, fruit etc. off of them before planting. I have had good luck just sprinkling them on the surface of the soil - need light to germinate.at about 25 C ( room temp )"

everyone has there own ways.............I soaked seeds in warm water ~20c in the hot water carboard overnight ~20c...............surface sowed with bottom heat in propagator....20 - 25c......they were sprouting with in a few days.....................great seeds........

BY THE WAY............still need trich pollen..................missed 1 flower but another small bud should flower in a week.................any kind will do.....................tried xing the first flw with cereus.....not sure if that will work................. :shroomer:

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 1

Hi all,:P Just wondering if anyone is still using this thread... It looks like it's been a little while and I've not reached out for some time... I have some Hemia salcifolia seed, ' sun opener' hope that I spelt this right, to give away to anyone over here in NZ. Its time to give back. :innocent_n:

It's possible that I may have some small red leaf Khat offsets to give out soon. I just need to check the plants first. I'm in the far North of the North island now.

Also anyone still growing Calea zakatechichi in NZ?:scratchhead:

47 minutes ago, Planthunter said:

Hi all,:P Just wondering if anyone is still using this thread... It looks like it's been a little while and I've not reached out for some time... I have some Hemia salcifolia seed, ' sun opener' hope that I spelt this right, to give away to anyone over here in NZ. Its time to give back. :innocent_n:

It's possible that I may have some small red leaf Khat offsets to give out soon. I just need to check the plants first. I'm in the far North of the North island now.

Also anyone still growing Calea zakatechichi in NZ?:scratchhead:

Heya PH,  I'm now in Whangarei, I've got various cacti that you could come rescue and I'd be interested in Khat, have got heaps of Hemia growing, still not used it yet though, have you?