The Corroboree
waterboy 2.0

Edible/Medicinal culture seeking thread

Does anyone happen to know if Macrocybe titans is in circulation ?

I've got Macrocybe crassa/crassum/Tricholoma crassum. Is that what you are referring to? I haven't proven it but it comes from a reputable source.

• Like 1

Hey all, it's been a while, been perfecting my edibles method with tissue cultures from shop bought stock, learned and practiced agar tek and other stuff plus upgrading my microscope and am now looking for some prints to start making my hobby self sustaining, and give me the scope to share back in the very near future.

Anything rare/exotic edibles wise would be greatly appreciated.

As for microscopy, the form of the more potent spores interests me the most. ;-)

Feel free to PM and I'll see what I can offer for trade as I have a fair collection of ethnobotanicals now, or donations hugely appreciated.

I'll be sure to share the love once I am able. Cheers!

Hi I'm new here.. Don't have anything to trade as I'm just starting out.. But I'd be happy to buy plates of t. Versicolor , a. Blazii (himetasutake) or Grifola frondosa .. My main interest is in culinary and medicinals for personal use..

That would be cool.. Can I make agar culture out of dried specimens ?

Or i clone it. What ever you prefer

I'd like to purchase cloned plates please.. This way (I think) I can keep in fridge if I seal the plates properly until I'm organised..

I'd love some Reishi, Shitakke (Ganoderma lucidumis I believe), or Maitake. Even black poplar or loins mane would be great.

If I do get my hands on some I can send plates out quite happily after first fruiting or even transfers (isolates?) of rhizomorphic mycelium for those that have it. .

We shall see what spring a brings.

Im looking to get some lions mane going, can any body help me out?

I keep forgetting to check this thread.

i have an untested oyster and turkey plates - just pm if interested

Has anyone got Pestalotiopsis microspora Or know of anyone ? $50 in it or beer equivalent for the first to find ...

I am on the central coast NSW .

gday guys, im in near byron bay and looking for some edible strains such as turkey tail, and shiitake, i want them both to encourage a useful species on otherwise wasted logs and for their immune system boosting qualities, i dont have much to trade but maybe $?

any help is greatly appreciated

Has anyone got a viable culture of Hericium erinaceus (lions mane) in Australia ?

Or if it's possible to get a print from something like that, maybe a US based member could help ?

A new member here - ED is after it for its medicinal properties.

Has anyone got a viable culture of Hericium erinaceus (lions mane) in Australia ?

Or if it's possible to get a print from something like that, maybe a US based member could help ?

A new member here - ED is after it for its medicinal properties.

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post.

I actually started 5 agar cultures of Lion's Mane on the 21st at almost the same time or slightly before you posted looking for Lion's Mane. I am hoping to swap for some Agrocybe aegerita.

G'day Bouche

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if you can send and receive PM's yet, so I'll send a message to ED for you and link your post. You might be able to come to some mutually beneficial agreement.

Serendipity is weaving it's web today.

• Like 1

I'm looking for lions mane print or culture if anyone has? Havent got much to trade at the moment but will have some King oyster on agar in coming weeks if anyone was interested in that.

Hypholoma capnoides -

Looking for sterile culture or prints please

willing to swap/trade

Edited by gecko

Its a long shot....but if anyone has some shiitake plugs/dowels or sawdust spawn (preferred) about and spare would love you long time:wink:

Also I think my reishi culture is done for looking at the slants (lol...stick is gone), If anyone has a decent culture would love to get my hands on some.

It is not such a long shot, but maybe you could just chop up pieces of mushroom and use those for inoculating stumps etc.

Aye WB, depends on how much of a rush you're in. I'm guessing you want the shiitake pretty soon, so probably no good for that one.

• Like 1

Its all good knew it was a long shot, got to be prepared for these things. Dont get if dont ask....

I got a bit of wood:lol:......and wasnt ready for it:wink:

I'll graze and bash the old stumps, do the same to the new ones and stack em.  I got more faith in getting a start straight from active myc running out into new wood (the logs do bind, so theyshould will leap). If the old ones were fruiting though I'd be adding them into the mix.  Lets call it an experiment, probably get overrun with "weed" fungi..... can always kill another tree...lol

Be PMing you over the weekend mushfun to tee up a catchup for sure:wink: This week sucked running around...lol

EDIT - big thanks to folks:wink:

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a culture of Tiger Milk mushroom Lignosus rhinocerus ? 

It's been recorded around mission beach so it is here. 

Good morning Corroboree!   I am a mushroom grower from the United States.    Three years of growing experience, home built equipment, farmers markets and restaurants later I've started reaching for the less common mushrooms.   All of my competition has access to the same mushroom sources as I do.   Getting an edge over the competitors comes down to better equipment, better practices, more space and/or unique selection.     I've sunk as much of my cash resources I can into my equipment, streamlined  my procedure and used every space I have available to me to the best of my ability and resources, that leaves unique selection as my obvious choice, which is why I find myself begging for the kindness of Australian strangers!   

The Black Bolete, Aka Phlebopus Portentosus, Salmon Gum, etc etc. is apparently able to grow saprobically and is therefore a candidate for bag cultivation which has been achieved in Thailand and China but is still lagging here in the U.S. as far as commercial production goes.      I'd like to collect  some spore prints (or even live culture!) from this mushroom and attempt to develop it here in the states.    I've been trying to acquire this from both Thailand and China - via web forums - and have had very little success.    The language barrier - is a barrier.     At least we (Australia and U.S.) share the same language and can easily discuss the matter without the aid of Google Translate.   

I am unfamiliar with Australia's import/export limitations, customs enforcement, etc, but I am willing to do trades, pay for the shipping, pay for the culture/print or whatever you may find reasonable (and legal) to get this mushroom in my collection.    If you can help- if you know someone who can help, please let me know. here or by private message.   Thank's for reading!.