The Corroboree
waterboy 2.0

Edible/Medicinal culture seeking thread

G'day folks,

I have some Resihi plates about 80% colonised if anyone is interested?

I'm looking to expand my culture library, would love anything that grows well in subtropics (Gold Coast hinterland).

Would really love to try lions mane, enoki, oysters, chicken of the woods, hen of the woods, turkey tail, phoenix oyster, and various other oysters.

Shrooman

Reishi ? would love some ... :D how ?

Does anyone have K. Stropharia spawn they would like to sell me? Zen Peddler?

This is my first post. Great thread. Glad to be a part of the forum!

aster

Reishi ? would love some ... :D how ?

I'll shoot you a PM

I would love reishi or any easy to grow mushroom in brisbane weather plus grow on wood. I have tried shittake spooning with not much success, so appreciate some plugs for the woods too :D. I have plenty of logs to try different types of mushrooms. Welcome to email me and tell me your price. Thanks

I've been growing some white oysters on sugar cane mulch in SE QLD lately. Definitely a good one to start with rather than shiitake. Oysters aren't so picky on log types either.

I've just knocked up a few different logs with oyster, shiitake and reishi, so will be interesting to see how they go.

Shrooman

Hey guys

I've been chasing lions mane, maitake, shitake, gold oyster, pink oyster and king oyster for a while now

Ive got agroceybe aegerita (black poplar) wedges, reishi spawn and wedges, stipticus wedges (maybe spawn soon) and shimeji spawn that I can offer for any of those.

Lions mane is the big one im looking for. the others are curiosities more than anything else haha

Cheers everyone

I have a pink oysters on a slant, also have calocybe indica milky mushroom if interested.

will send both for a reishi wedge

anyone got shiitake 75 strain?

Not at the moment but will do soon.
If you are still interested in a fortnight swing me a pm :)

anyone got shiitake 75 strain?

I do, and I'm keen for some Pleurotus djamor if you want to trade?

I only have other shiitake on plates at the moment and enoki that I just cloned (they are just starting to move

and may take several transsfers).

I am working on growing shiitake on straw this year, the 75 strain is what others are using to achieve this.

the shiitakes I have, I selected from a heap I grew from prints and they proven to be vigorous a fruit well.

I have straw in the agar (pre-adapting) and almost ready to go on grain with straw.

and I do have another calocybe indica slant to spare. probably no good to anyone now that we are heading

into cooler weather.

I hope to get oyster, shiitake, king oyster, enoki, wood ear going. So given time I'll have some to trade as reishi, maitake, etc. is harder for me to source ATM.

Ok just adding photos of the new setup getting started again.

Currently in my culture library:

• Shiitake (Australian Commercial Strain)
  • Shimeji [birch/Winter Mushroom] (Australian Commerical Strain)
  • Oyster (Australian Commercial Strain)
  • King Oyser (South Korean Commercial Strain)

First the plate and spawn incubator is up and running.

IMG_0529-vi.jpg

Second we have Shimeji which I cloned tonight from commercial stock (I now have my sterile lab set up so doing agar again.)

Below the Shimeji is Shiitake using my low sterile cardboard technique.

IMG_0530-vi.jpg

Third is oyster mushroom and some with held plates for contamination checks.

IMG_0531-vi.jpg

I have to get the consistency down, the top container has a bit too much moisture content for my preference.

Here is a snap of the Oyster mycelium breaking through the top most layer of cardboard.

IMG_0497-vi.jpg

I hope to get many more edible and gormet mushrooms growing soon and restock my strain library and get trading with you guys!

--- Update

Shimeji (Birch/Winter Mushroom) has gone gangbusters. False Colour to help see the growth acress the plate.

IMG_0537-vi.jpg

My Sterile Lab is now up and operational! I have a lot of work to do tonight :-) Tonight I'm expanding the Shimeji and cloning Shiitake for the first time direct to agar. Jars are my largest in the collection 1/2 gallons! Ready for Oyster mushrooms in preparation for fruiting on straw.

IMG_0549-vi.jpg

Shimiji (Birch/Winter Mushroom) Plated up to P2, absolutely no contaminations on P1 so this is a keeper!

IMG_0554-vi.jpg

Shiitake cloned direct from fresh grown Shiitake Mushroom cap.

IMG_0555-vi.jpg

King Oyster added to my culture library.

IMG_0570-vi.jpg

Comming Soon --- Enoki Mushroom and Wood Ear Mushroom to be added to my culture library...

My Oyster strain is a mad pinner, I feel very confident releasing this strain to the public.

Oyster1st01_zps662c423c.jpg

Cheers,

Fungi1963

Edited by fungi1963
  • Like 2

Hey I'm just starting up, are there varying degrees of difficulty to growing all these cultures? And where do i start?

Hey I'm just starting up, are there varying degrees of difficulty to growing all these cultures? And where do i start?

this is a thread for noobs might be useful also ask your questions there so will not clog up this trade thread

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32901

• Like 1

I'd like to get a shitake spawn if anyone has any available? Haven't tried to grow mushrooms before so can't offer any mycology stuff.

Can do cash in a week-ish.

Does anyone have fresh prints of Macrolepiota procera, Marasmius oreades or Agaricus arvensis?

My kit & garden are being packed away for the crossing but i'm sure i can cobble something together or their is $'s if needs be.

^ No guarantee Shortly .... I will keep my eyes open for the parasol to print , I've got one that appears at one place every year

I see Macrolepiota procera/clelandii in the forest near my house. I can try and clone.

I will have Marasmius oreades and Agaricus perobscurens but both need isolation first :) I also have a print of Agaricus austrovinecus or what ever its called.

Thanks guys. I have about 30 acres of lightly treed pasture to see what edibles i can establish in with all the cubes.

A mix of genetics would be great. The intention is to establish semi wild populations around the block & surrounds.

I have a couple of pinus sp. already well established and half a dozen P pinea ready to plant out so if anyone happens across any edible mycorrhizal mushrooms that use Pinus spp as hosts, a print or two would be more than welcomed. & Doesn't have to aseptic.

I'm thinking backpack sprayer & spore slurry, i would have suggested super soakers but that usually get outa hand fast;)

Once i settle in I will dig the laminar & glove box out of mothballs & get serious but in the meantime wild sowing will have to do.

• Like 3

Does anyone happen to know if Macrocybe titans is in circulation ?