The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yeti101

Head-explodey-websearch

Uh. I have been rtying to find info on the mysterious cat-thyme mentioned in one of the other forums here. I found all sorts of stuff that led me to this page

http://www.chemistry.unimelb.edu.au/resear...ARprojects.html

Go almost down to the bottom, Where it says "Synthesis of Bioactive Terpenes". They are trying to sythesise what? Shouldn't someone tell them that it is naughty? Or do they get excused from the normal rules?

This is also interesting, if anyone could be bothered reading it

http://www.nal.usda.gov/afsic/AFSIC_pubs/qb93-02.htm

Also, fuck there are alot of diffent diterpenoids. I had enough trouble with tryptamine chemistry, but this gives me a headache. And everything seems to have them in them (does that make sense?). Cat-thyme,scoparia dulcis, Baccharis genistelloides (Clerodane derivatives, Diterpenoids)It is all too much.

One thing is just running into another. And I still have to write a conclusion for an essay on the philosophy of science (not that there is such a thing.) Blah.

Originally posted by Yeti101:

And I still have to write a conclusion for an essay on the philosophy of science (not that there is such a thing.) Blah.

Of course there is. Go and read some Stephen Jay Gould, can't think of the best ref, but my fave is still The Mismeasure of Man and I'm sure there's shitloads of other stuff round too.

When I was younger, stronger and mentally wrong-er I remember quite liking a book called Music, Society and Education by a bloke called, I think, Christopher Small. I lent it to someone who never gave it back, the mongrels wink.gif I remember it had some good stuff on the comparisons of learning between rigid heirachical structures and flowing structures. Some of it might be applicable to discussing the formalisation of knowledge aquisition etc

No idea if I'd enjoy it now, I'm way more cynical.