The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Happy Cadaver

Theobromos cacao

I recently heard of the lie about the chin cogan love god, never really happened of course, was all just Steve Irwin's (RIP) ghost in the wind............

Edited by darcy

Originally posted by darcy:

I recently got a pod from theobromos cacao if anyone is interested in exchanging other interesting seeds for some. They have a fairly short viability once i get them out of the pod, possibly a month, i'm not sure, but i had some a while ago and got nearly a 100% germination rate. they are a tropical plant and would need special attention over winter. email me if yr interested.

Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how to post a reply. Darcy, are the seeds in the same family as the E. Coca?

no Firstaid, these are the seeds from which Chocolate is made, you know cocoa you make drinks with and stuff? that's the powdered (plus they do something else to them) seeds of this species. not at all related to E. coca, except they are both plants!

Earth alchemist, i got your email but i have already trade all the seeds. sorry bout that, may be able to get some later on. not sure.

I apologize Darcy! I've been looking for the E. coca seeds for a while but only found one source. They are very expensive so I figured I'd look around. Thanks!

I'm surprised Theo (our Theobroma afficionado) hasn't chimed in here yet wink.gif

The species is Theobroma cacao. NOT cocoa. I am sure the english barstadisation will win eventually, but lets keep it at cacao for the time being wink.gif

Guest si

Xocolati was the name given to the cocoa bean by the ancient central americans.

Originally posted by si:

Xocolati was the name given to the cocoa bean by the ancient central americans.

It's xocolatl rather than xocolati.

It wasn't given to the bean, but to the spicy drink made from the roasted bean powder (and additives). Can't remember what xoco stands for (I think it's the beanpowder), but 'atl' is water.