The Corroboree
planthelper

how to create internet traffic?

I don't do facebook, or any of those internet sites, so I wonder how I could create more views, regarding my music which gets uploaded to youtube.

I know there are many people who might make better music and definitely many people who are more gifted, when it comes to playing an instrument, but still I can sing twice as good as Madonna and play ten times as good as her!

a manager with connections would help, but we can pretty much rule this one out.

so I would appreciate if you have any ideas how I could get plenty of views.

if I would jump into a cactus, and than proceed to play my original songs, I might get heaps of views, but somehow, I am not ready for this action.

i think, i would have to do the same as Madonna, and just put a show on...

how about, cutting myself and using the blood as ink to write down the lyrics and chords?

nupe, that's as well very silly.

squezze a big pussy pimple, open it using a drill, and than eating the puss?

disgusting, yes so a no goer.

ok, seriously, i might make some sugar glass bottles, and act out some comedy.

are there sites i could use to advertise my songs?

yesterday, i took my guitar to the pub, and i loved it, i can make people smile and can help to provide a good time, i love music so much, fuck i'm looking for ideas.

• Like 3

Hey bro! Maybe try a few other music sites like soundcloud, JJJ unearthed etc.

Also maybe by key wording your title or tags a bit more creative? Ie song titles etc. And you can email your friends the link so they can share it!

• Like 1

yesterday, i took my guitar to the pub, and i loved it, i can make people smile and can help to provide a good time, i love music so much, fuck i'm looking for ideas.

More people should do this, I love how the Islander kids round here are always axe in hand!

Give in to the facebook demons PH, It has its pitfalls but you cannot deny it as the biggest virtual platform for connecting with your desired audience.

Use the social networks. Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Tumbler, Reddit, usw. You can also get yourself some high Pagerank Domain names (many of them drop every day) and make a redirect to your page. Also, you need to update the website EVERY DAY! Regular Updates with high Keyword Densitiy bring you to the first page on Google after a few weeks or months. But dont overdo it with the Keywords. New google Algorithms recognize that and penalize you for it. And build yourself some Index Pages. This way, your website gets picked up easier.

Btw, you can also get yourself some good domain names instead of trying to work your way into google with a bad one over months. A good domain name makes things a lot easier.

• Like 1

Arrange it so the preview picture on your video has a big set of boobs resting atop your 12 string, then creatively add the words 'big boobs' or 'titties' to your title.
BAM hundreds if not thousands of views :) not sure how many times it'll work or how happy your audience will be though, haha.

In all seriousness though, a couple of things that haven't been mentioned.

Do 'response' videos to very popular guitar covers or guitar lessons, like the ones by Justin Sanderco, Marty Schwartz or Sungha Jung etc.

Disabling comments will not help your cause, it annoys people and limits their passion for the video.
Same with heavily moderating the comments, people resent it.

Pay someone to do some google SEO work for you. (Search Engine Optimization, they make it so your youtube pages or website or whatever show up before other peoples when doing a google search)

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

good ideas, and I hope this info is usefull for many others like me as well.

currently, i am not willing to join the facebook demon & co, and without becoming a member, i will not be able to use them as a platform.

i could though, try to ask members of those sites to promote me by placing hotlinks, yeah! :)

i already made the decision to allow comments and ratings for my next song, i hope wt remembers.

i already did send e mails out regarding the music clips to many of my email contacts.

updating, as eg say's is paramount, an active member get's a top placing, so true.

regarding, promoting ones art, i add two things which two different fellow artists said to me.

1, there are hundred thousands, of artist as good or better than you around, and only a few spots higher up are available, so never take it at heart, if you can't full fill your ambitions.

2, an artists workload (any form of art) ought to be 20% artistic work and 80% promotion and connection work.

coming back to the pub last Friday, when i perform, i get energy back from the people, nothing beats the feeling, if the older lady, gets happy, because i play a love song and look her into her eyes. :)

Edited by planthelper