The Corroboree
Bush Turkey

What are we allowed to grow in WA???

Hey all :)

i question ive found hard to get an answer for.

What are we allowed to grow in WA with the new laws???

I mean, to my understanding the way the law is now, anything that the judge wants to charge you for, he/she can

Does this mean things like lotus, Heimia, lions tail and the likes can be classed as illegal???

Nothing!

The fungal infection between my toes is likely jailable

• Like 6

Last I heard beards were also off the table.

• Like 4

You're only allowed to grow things that are pre-cursors to alcohol.

So for beer - wheat, barley, hops & sugar cane. For wine - grapes. Saki -rice. Whisky - wheat, barley, rye, rice & corn.

It's perfectly acceptable to get drunk, bash your wife, steal all the stop signs and road safety signs in your neighborhood and then get in your car and slam it into a mini bus full of girl guides. But it's not acceptable to do anything that could give you any other type of "buzz" or impair your judgement in any way unless a doctor prescribes it for you no matter how safe that substance has proven to be.

• Like 8

You can grow anything you want, as long as you don't get caught :wink:!

• Like 4

Sorry for the rant before.

It would be good to have it in black and white what is not allowed to be grown.

Having a list of plants that are allowed could help the wowsers to write a hit list of what to ban next.

urm what new laws?

From what I could find when I had a search around after the shit that happened over here a while ago it is what Thelema has said. They are not new laws it is just a really obscure way the laws reference each other so most of us had never read the parts that mentioned the plants.

After I read through the relevant info ( I am sure it was posted in the other thread ) I came to the conclusion that all of the gardens around the place that have plants growing in them that may or may not be the plants that are mentioned as illegal are in the same boat as me so I will just carry on as I did before.

If at some point a policeman comes knocking on my door I will deal with it then.

Life is to short to worry about something that may never happen. :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 5

i was told that we had new laws come in place in May???

Does anyone know where the info is that states the judge has the power to determine what is and isnt illegal?

urban guerrilla gardening coming up!

• Like 1

if all ethnos are in the same boat. May aswell grow Sally, Kratom, Weed, Poppies, coca :P

• Like 1

^ exactly just fkn grow it. pot is just about the only thing any given policeman would surely recognize, just don't advertise what you actually have in the ground

i was told that we had new laws come in place in May???

Does anyone know where the info is that states the judge has the power to determine what is and isnt illegal?

urban guerrilla gardening coming up!

Not the judge I think it is the minister. The quote is in the other thread. I don't have time atm but I will dig out the links later

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

if all ethnos are in the same boat. May aswell grow Sally, Kratom, Weed, Poppies, coca :P

Yes, u may as well.

In this particular community more than most, it becomes evident that in this country - and in many others - that legality is an entity entirely separate from justice. What's legal is not necessarily what is just, what is illegal is not always (or even often) unjust. Some may say fuck the legality issue, and do what they know to be right.

I know what is right...but I also know that we live in a society where the people who are wrong are legion, and I know that they have guns, not to mention the ability and dare I say eagerness to violently impose their personal views on you and take away your basic human freedoms, like they own them or something. So I toe the line.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 2

That was a joke. Im not recomending to grow these

• Like 1

Not the judge I think it is the minister. The quote is in the other thread. I don't have time atm but I will dig out the links later

Cheers

Got

I believe the quote was "the governor"

• Like 1

Unsure what these supposed new laws are. The WA laws have always deemed that any plant that contains a S8 or S9 substance to be considered that substance itself, and thus falls under the state interpretation of a "drug of addiction". This amazingly includes obviously non-addictive substances and plants like mescaline/cactus, salvinorinA/salvia, psilocybin/shrooms (are fungi plants tho?), cathinone and Khat. The list goes on and on. Probably the best bet is - don't grow plants that are obvious to investigators (eg poppies) and stay tuned to recent developments (eg recent cactus bust by WA member). Police probably recognise Khat, poppies, tobacco, certain cacti and cannabis - so be aware of that. Most other things will probably always stay under the radar.

i wouldnt say they recognise cacti

unless they have pictures in front of them even thats not really enough for them

i'd say most of them have probly never even heard of them before

but thats just from my experience

edit:

with cacti i wouldnt worry about anything other than L. will, T. pach & T peru

Edited by myco

"are fungi plants tho?"

The answer is no fungi are certainly not plants, however the law has little if any basis in fact so legally they are more than likely lumped in with plants.

"Police probably recognise Khat, poppies, tobacco, certain cacti and cannabis - so be aware of that.

Good luck with that, given the standard of training most of these ppl receive your just as likely to get hauled up for something innocuous.

And yes i've experienced this firsthand having been given the third degree for a Euphorbia obesa that the officer was convinced was a Loph :BANGHEAD2:

^^^

you should have told him, here, "cut it up a bit, and drink this white liquid and see if you can get high!"

GOT, I love your mentality!

obviously, it helps to grow many things. If you got a garden where all cacti are identical or similar trichocerei and lophophoras, which is also a boring garden if you ask me, then the police in many countries of the world, not only oz, might cause trouble, especially if they can prove you knew about the existence of some illegal drug in them.