The Corroboree

To celebrate the coming of spring I am offering up some acacia seed packets.

10 x Acacia Acuminata (narrow phyllode variety)

10 x Acacia Floribunda

10 x Acacia Neurophylla subsp. Neurophylla

All seed packs will contain roughly 20 seeds. For now I am going to say one per member but if there isn't much interest then I will happily change that. Please post in here first it's first to post best dressed and then PM me with some postage details and I will get onto it as soon as I can. Take care SABers! May these humble acacia's gift you in all their acaciay goodness :)

EDIT: As of 10:55am AEST 12/09 this is what is left:

4pk Acacia Neurophylla
7pk Acacia Acuminata
8pk Acacia Floribunda

Shamanistic

Edited by Shamanistic
  • Like 5

Acuminata please... or anything really

I was gifted an absolute but load of burkitii seeds wild collected under liscence. But I havnt the time to gift them out. Maybe I can send them to u shamanism and u could send them out or same deal if Ny1 else has the time.

Peace

If you have any left i'd love some Acacia Acuminata :worship:

Everyone who has posted thus far will receive seeds. There's still plenty more!

I'd love to help, how many is a butt load? Enough that I could send everyone a burkitii seed packet with their other seed packets? That would be a good way of distributing them without the extra cost.

lmao, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than that, like a glad sandwich bag half full :P I'd guess multiple thousands of seeds.

• Like 1

I would be keen!

Nice! :worship: Well I'd be happy to help distribute some with those seeds then for sure! Those who don't want burtikii seeds with their other seeds please let me know and I'll send yours off before I receive the burtikii seeds.

I'd be keen for some burkitii seeds :)

Shamanistic gave me some of these seeds & I got nearly 100% germination from the neurophyllas.

I put them in a jar and poured flat out boiling water over them & let them soak over night. Then in the morning I drained them & changed the water so it was just covering them. I changed the water 2 or three times a day and kept them just submerged for 3 days. After that I planted them in a gritty river sand about 5 mm deep.

I did the same with the acuminatas he gave me but not as many came up, so maybe they don't like water that's boiling its tits off like the neurophyllas do. I forgot to change the water on one of the days I was soaking them too and it went cloudy so I might have killed some of them by being lazy.

I haven't tried the floribundas yet.

Thanks mate !

I knew youd be keen for some burtikii Sally! I had similar results with the acuminata but my water was really hot as well. The floribundas are good but I've had better success with scarification as well as hot, not boiling, water otherwise I get roughly 60-70% germination rate.

I'd love some Neurophylla and Burkittii please - awesome spring gift Shamanistic, u rock.

I would love some of any of those you got going spare...

Would love some of Neurophylla too if still available, thanks Shamanistic :)

.. nipping 2mm of the pointy seed end / some seeds are too round to nip though / with a thin sharp blade and soaking in tap water for 24 hours .. that's all it took for my tryouts .. letting the seeds germinate a day afterwards between wet paper towels saves wondering above the pots too ..

wattle I do with out people like you

• Like 1

Yes please, Shamanistic, if you're willing to send them abroad.

Thank you for your kindness. I'll shoot you a PM as well.

I poured boiling water over jams and they pop straight away. If they don't pop, drain and repeat with boiling water again. Some seeds will take several goes before they pop. Then sow only popped seeds. Got near enough %100 this way

What a great offering to the Muse of Spring ~ PM'd interest

Everyone whose posted here and pmed me will get their seeds. I'm in a bit of a rush now but when I get the time I'll compile a list of what's left. Also note I did say I'd get them sent off by next week but if you requested some burtikii seeds you'll have to wait until they arrive before I can get them sent out.

Happy season of fertility everyone!

• Like 1

I am keen for burkitii :lol:

Ok just here is what's left:

4pk Acacia Neurophylla
7pk Acacia Acuminata
8pk Acacia Floribunda

If anyone who has indicated they want some already and wants another variety or two let me know.

after the shit I was talking in the other thread it would be ironic and hypocritical of me to express interest in obtaining some of your seeds.

so call me what you will that's fine

cus if youve got some left... sling em ere, I want a go ;) :P

Edited by whoami
  • Like 1