The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

One of my mates lost all his garden in the fires yesterday

He had quite a big collection, that was quite a few years old. Lucky his house survived, but they did lose one shed.

I was wondering if anyone would have any spare cuttings or seedlings or seed to send his way? He had a pretty extensive collection of almost everything, but now theyre alll gone. Im sure anything would lift his spirits right now and help him to start again.

If anyone would have spare plants seeds etc, i could help with postage or pick up/delivery round the sydney area.

Im really petrified that this will happen to me one day. As prepared as you can get, you really cant beat nature.

Sorry for such a begging kind of post, i will chuck in what i can for him, but im sure you can all understand how it would feel. If a few of us can chuck in spares im sure it would make a big difference.

• Like 7

Certainly can send some seed. If u pm your address i can send it to you and you could pass it on?

Good thinkin btw, hope thecommunity can rustle up some goodies to help him feel a little better.

That must be a horrible experience, most of us have a bit of a breakdown loosing only one or two of our special plants, i cant imagine loosing everything! hope your mate is doing okay :(

I know what its like to loose your collection. It can really knock you for six and makes it hard to start again with the same passion.

Im sure I can dig up some seeds, PM me your addy and Ill see what I can find.

very happy to help, I will pm you and we work out the details.

I have as well lost many collections in my life,

150 old enamel advertising signs,

very old complete comic collection,

my mineral collection,

and my tenant, once chopped down all my cacti... :(

I like it, that you are not afraid to ask, this for your mate.

I saw one footage, and this person had a giant still, which was on flames (I will edit this out if requested).

the best is to act very fast, regarding the re building, my cacti are now almost as tall, as when I lost the old ones, and this certainly soothes the mind.

in every bad thing that happens, lies as well something good.

after a war, the industries get re built, and this makes the looser, often better over time than the winner, if the winner hangs onto the old technology, and often they do...

• Like 1

That sucks man

I've got a few things he can have mate. I can't afford to post them right now, we can work something out though.

This song lifts my spirits whenever things go south. It worked it's way into my psyche when I when a kid.

From the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success!

You're a good sort pres :blink::wink:

spread the love let it flow through you onto others and find it's way to mother earth so the cycle can begin once more.

a mate of yours is a mate of ours :wub:

i'll pm ya

• Like 2

good idea sally.

me too loves this song and have used it a lot, when needed. :)

only now, I realised that the composer was a genius.

my favourite is though bamboo stick, but now better known as bag of weed, from family guy.

side tracking enabled to, boost this thread, hehehe.

Oh man reading that has left me heart broken for him :( Unfortunately right now I cannot really help out that much with spare plants however I can send him a nice amount of Acacia seeds.

shit !!! yeah dude i lost many plants due drought, storms etc, at least hes [family ] is good?? we all can alwayz plant another plant....

i have sum datura seeds if he wants????????

I have a shit load of cacti seedlings coming along. As soon as they are big enough to post I will send out mate.

Getafix

I'm in, will look through the stash box and send you a PM :)

Just happy he/she is okay, considering what has happened

Yes as you already know. .

And love your work :)

• Like 1

These two bad boys are on their way - with a bit of love they'll come up a treat.

post-11189-0-69498600-1378975449_thumb.j

post-11189-0-69498600-1378975449_thumb.jpg

post-11189-0-69498600-1378975449_thumb.jpg

I have a white brugmansia cutting that he can have. Its just starting to throw out roots. I don't come out your way often so could post it or you can pick up from North Sydney area if you are coming by this way.....

You guys are alll awesome, he will be heaps cheered up! Snet out all the pms, let me know if i missed anyone

Missed me HB

not much, but a few interesting seeds I'll PM you HB.

I've had a few close calls with the "red demon", lucks gotta run out at some stage.

I hope you are all out of the way of this years fire season.

I just came home from the post office,

a big parcel has just been sent off, to your mate.

in case there are id issues, just pm me.

• Like 1

I got some nice cacti cuts, if that's what he is into?

he did have a good collection of everything. From food and edibles to pretty much ever named clone there was, im pretty interested to see if any of the cacti actually come back. But he does seem so positive.

You guys really are awesome, im really overwhelmed. Love you all.

he sent me this message

"tony i cant express the gratitude and love pouring from my soul at this time, never have i felt so loved. i opend a few of the packages i got today and i cant even express the love and faith i have in our community. thankyou for being the spark. im so blessed to know a being as yourself. iv felt emotions i havnt had since i planted my first marigold by my mums side. youre actions have made me remember. thankyou 4 being a catalyst of such beauity, i will always look up to you.thankyou for being you"

Thanks heaps guys. I was thinking he might have been lost to growing plants but all your guys generosity has got his energy flowing once again. I think by your generous actions we have just saved the guys soul. Cant really express my grattitude. it really all is awesome

• Like 8