The Corroboree
mimzy

Staying off the radar

I'm not 100% clear on what you mean by open source internet.

It seems like you intend to set yourself up as an ISP. I can't see how you'd do that and offer it for free unless you sell advertising space, as you'll have expenses to cover.

Many people are running Linux based web servers these days. To do it yourself it will depend on the scale you intend to apply it to.

For a basic system you can get away with a fairly low spec PC running a redundant array of disk drives as storage isn't really your main concern. If the system is expected to carry anything more than a moderate amount of traffic a dedicated rack mount server will be more suitable as they generally have multiple ethernet connections built into them and are designed to be used in a scalable setup.

The real heart of the system will be the routing network and multiple reliable connections. You're probably going to need at least some rudimentary knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting and a working knowledge of how routers function.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

I would not call myself a it expert im a bit of a noob when it comes to it . What i was thinking ( dont know were i read it)

was you can build a tower to communicate with others who have this said tower and offer free internet or wi fi

I have a bit of coin and want to put it back into that genre of computing (open source bit coin litecoin etc) and looking for

a project to keep me busy

My previous post's prediction has been validated. The contextual information we give for free to Facebook will be used to develop the next generation of AI. Remember, government owned supercomputers already match the neurological pathway potential of human minds but are effectively retarded, as they lack the human experience needed to 'think'. Our information, or rather the information which Facebook owns will suddenly become extremely valuable to institutions such as the NSA. Whether or not the NSA will pay for it or just steal it is another question... haha

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gQt4TTzVba-56NCC0qA3a-QXww9w?docId=d7d9f6c6-41f2-4d12-bf5d-d7599b3f9944

"Zuckerberg said a working group was formed in September "to do world-class artificial intelligence research using all of the knowledge that people have shared on Facebook.""

Sorry to be the one breaking the news. If you "think big", then there may be some serious implications to the very near future of AI and the technology being leveraged by secretive government institutions worldwide.

For anybody interested in privacy, which I'm assuming is most of the people posting in this thread, I highly recommend reading the book "Cypherpunks". I just finished reading it, and I learned a lot about what's going on at the moment that I didn't know before.

Cypherpunks_by_Julian_Assange.jpg