The Corroboree
Tripitaka

Kia Ora from New Zealand

So, with my long history of being pulled away from Australia. Either that or my love for the simple and mountains and more mountains I have moved to New Zealand.

I remember a few years ago that there was quite a strong scene over here "Bit", if that still exists and if not what connects are available in this land of the long white cloud.

After my initial shock of finding myself here, I had three weeks to pack up my life and re-locate I'm now just finding my feet and my flora and it all seems like a vast Pandoras box of the unusual.

I am in the Southlands, Queenstown.

Say a Kia Ora if youre in NZ, would love to connect and learn/share some of this amazing lands ethno/entheo lore.

Tripitaka

• Like 4

Hey welcome back! I moved back to NZ a year ago after 28 years in Australia ... Bit chilly in Queenstown i bet? If your up the northern end of the north island give us a shout . Should have a ton of trichos seedlings soon if youre looking at starting a collection.. peace :)

QT is lovely! I like the cold. I can pretend I'm in Northern India/ the Himalaya.

I will certainly do that and thanks!

I have found NZ to be an almost perfect medium between living in the Himalaya and a westernised country. I say Nearly.

Importation taxes for personal possessions = ouch!

Cheers mate

Hello :)

You have chosen a very beautiful place to habitate! while out for walks, keep your eyes peeled for pounamu and serpentine on the edges of lake and river beds, it is scattered all over your area.

I'm in dunedin but I'm pretty chuffed to hear another member will be lurking around Te Wai Pounamu :)

I can also help connect you with some flora, lucky for you my collection is rapidly outgrowing me!

Feel free to pm me with your wishlist and I'll see what I can do to help out.

- Kea.

• Like 1

Welcome to NZ! I'm sure you'll find it great to live where you're living. :)
There's a lot of hiking and nature in that area, and I'm sure that'll be one of the best parts. In terms of growing your own plants, I think you'll probably need a greenhouse, not certain though. :P Maybe Trichos could still live outside there.

Trichos will be alright outdoors as long as they get shelter from the worst of the wintry-stuff.

Mine have been snowed on twice this season and I haven't lost any.

But yes, a greenhouse would be handy :)

Hey mate,

Was wondering where you went. Queenstown is beautiful, we visited there last time we went to the snow. Perfect temperature too, I can't stand heat lol.

Hope you are well,

cheers

Hey triptika you arrived at a good time! Home you settle in well, you picked the best spot for mountain scenery.

All of us kiwis have overflowing plant collections currently so you'll be sorted in no-time. I got a bunch of tricho seedlings too and a few other bits n bobs so whenever your looking for stuff just drop us a PM :)

Also you didn't happen to stuff any roseii pups down your undies did ya? :wink:

Edited by Nemisty
  • Like 1

Awesome, awesome. Once I get a little bit more settled I look forward to some more in depth discussions with you all. When I'm not working I will be un-busily investigating the country side so....passangers/guides welcome.

Hi Alice, Yep I'm hard to keep track of. I was there and now I'm here! Had a falling out with the tight rope holders so now I'm playing different games with my colourful squigly rope.

bogfrog, you are pretty close yeah? not that I know my geography of the land as yet, but google map says!!!

How are you brother?

S

bogfrog, you are pretty close yeah? not that I know my geography of the land as yet, but google map says!!!

How are you brother?

S

Yes, pretty close indeed, about 3 hrs drive away. Queenstown tends to receive slightly harsher weather than dunedin but I have managed to coax a surprising selection of plants into thriving here, so I'm sure you will be able to do the same in over there :)

(..Was the 'how are you brother?' directed at me? .. If so, i'm great, very thankful to be starting mid-semester break, ..although you can call me sister ;) )

Check out Wanaka when ya can which aint that far from Queenstown, its less crowded and just as spectacular

^

Yes. Do!

If you want to meet a fellow mountain-man, stay on the look out for a guy called Nick who has a big bushy beard.

He's working at the ski-field in wanaka and he is very much a good-sort :)

Wanaka is a bit less flashy, but it seems to attracts some cool people.

Hehe, No at Alice who is a he! Realising you are a she though. I know Wanaka, have tried to summit Aspiring on occasion and hauled crazy loads up French Ridge but...190km/h winds didnt help!

Would love some small spikey friends if there are any for careful grabs?? I have a nice protected aspect and we are on good terms Phenethylamine's and I Salvia would even make a nice kitchen window addition. Happy to cover postage!

Thanks all for the lovely welcome. If ever your down this way/up this way call in and say hello. I work on Beach Street.

Smiles

Santillan

Hehe I'm real good mate, don't want to hijack so I'll PM you a bit later. Lots been happening in my neck of the woods, the family is well and life is good :)

Would love some small spikey friends if there are any for careful grabs?? I have a nice protected aspect and we are on good terms Phenethylamine's and I Salvia would even make a nice kitchen window addition. Happy to cover postage!

Excellent, I will snip a sal cutting for you now and pm you for your address once it has roots.

I've got abunch of tough dunedin-grown SS hybrids and various other prickly little fellows, so I will flick a few of those your way and whatever other goodies i can rustle up.

Keen on a kanna?

The real treasures will need some time for propogation, but if you're planning on staying put for a while there will be a couple things I intend on entrusting to your (i'm assuming) experienced greenthumb.

All the best :)

I would love to get hold of some Kanna and some Salvia divinorum if anyone has spare. I'd be happy to pay for it ...

Thankyou Ceres,

Thats very kind of you.

I am lucky enough to be able to grow anything! I've been on SAB since it started but seldom post anymore. Actually looking at my numbers I have probably the lowest post count per year of membership on the whole forum. Regardless I hold my connection with the community pretty tight and most of my explorations have surrounded plants in the Himalaya where i have visited umpteen times and lived in Bhutan for a year. So the climate here is quite similar to what I am used to and despite having to leave my tropicals in Aus, Genus like E. ....would thrive here.

Kanna for sure! They will have the best view imaginable, remarkable even!

Thanks again!

Tripi