The Corroboree
Sir Shrooms

Cultures Wanted will pay

I'd like to 'buy' some cultures. I'm willing to pay for shipping and supplies, but can't offer much more than the peace of mind of being a backup source for you, should anything ever happen to your cultures in the future. Stamets always recommends having anonymous backups after all. Please PM me with details. Ideally I'd like a nice reliably producing Oyster strain for sales to our local food co-op.

Peace.

• Like 1

I'm also very keen to obtain a hericium (lion's mane) culture. Erinaceus is preferred, but coralloides would be good as well. From what I understand there's debate over what the true differences are (source book: Fungal Pharmacy). If anyone has these please PM me.

there is a mushroom farm guy at the rocklea ,markets he is great for cultures spawn etc

there is a mushroom farm guy at the rocklea ,markets he is great for cultures spawn etc

Cheers for the hookup! I go there every week!

• Like 1

I've still never been to Rocklea. Funny though how universal it is to be addressed as a "mushroom guy" as soon as you're at a farmers market. So this is the Brisbane Rocklea market? Do you have a booth name, website, or contact details? Cheers!

just a guy at the markets just go talk to him . im not sure about his name but he is there on Saturday.

not sure if he has a website as he is a small scale producer

Oh, do you know the mushroom man,
The mushroom man, the mushroom man,
Oh, do you know the mushroom man,
That lives on Drury Lane?

:) :) :)

• Like 1

Hericium coralloides grows close to me. Should I try and get a bit? Anyone interested in it?

Hericium coralloides are a lovely mushroom for any hobby gardener but getting cultures from the wild can be

a bastard of a task i would stick to getting a culture of a known fruiting variety .

Thanks to Argyreia for supplying some cultures super quickly. Still keen to obtain h.erinaceus. It was documented in the Otways in the 60's or 70's.

Hericium coralloides grows close to me. Should I try and get a bit? Anyone interested in it?

Here's an easy cloning method for those who haven't tried it :

- clean a working surface and a scalpel /sharp knife/ with alcohol ,lay some small zip lock baggies around

- remove any surface litter from the mushroom and split it in half then place on the table

- use your scalpel tip to remove a 5 mm square pieces from the intact clean core and insert them in the ziplock baggies ; squeeze the air out before zipping and clean the scalpel with alcohol before every cut

- leave the baggies in the fridge for a while

- after 2 weeks or so mycelium has grown from the surface making it a good starting material for agar cultivation

I had successfully cloned v.bombycina using this technique after the baggies stayed in the fridge for almost a year - the direct cloning from the fruit body on agar failed due to a lack of decent starting material..

:):)

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 1