The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

What are your spiritual/religious views?

there does seem to be a few centuries of debate as to what pantheism means.......Pantheism is derived from the Greek roots pan (meaning "all") and theos (meaning "God")............the root suggest monotheism..............god is such an ambigous term really................its probaly why I choose not to name..............something that is unamed is undefined.........not restricted to boundies.

"Zoroastrianism

I agree whitewind religious 'groups' offer a sense of real community and i get why people can be so willing to sacrifice their rational mind to be apart of something.............we live very isolated lifes........................

Edited by Dreamwalker.
  • Like 1

maybe theres many wandering blobs of energy that often get mistaken for gods

and maybe many wandering ppl mistake themselves for gods lol

maybe energy has a sort of personality to it, and just likes to fuck around sometimes

perhaps we really do create our own demons, shrugs

The way some see it, we are the higest expression of life on the earth

and while we do have the architecture, art and insight to prove it, im not sure thats so true all the time

ppl are so ready to take credit for things ppl did along time ago

its always time to do something new eh no coat tails to ride in the new age

• Like 2

.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c8xUd7Myeuk

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Like 3

When I tell other Christians What Would Jesus Do ( wwjd) they look at me weird . I think the message of

Christ has been lost in this hierarchy called mainstream religion . When you start saying that Jesus hanged around

hookers , leepers and other scum and spent his last night as a human in jail. They look at me funny and

The Bible is so misinterpreted and the true message of love and help gets lost in translation. I think if jesus

was here he would be burning down a lot of churches

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

So a lot of people at my church automaticly judge me as my past is very colourful. But now i have a title in the

church and are becoming a deacon . so they suck up to me and when i start saying if you want to help

you need to help the poor,sick lost people of the world they say some shit like . well i donated $30 bucks and

a tin of baked beans that should be enough for them . ( will stop ranting )

Christianity was so pure now its getting really jaded the message of helping your fellow man has been lost

any way

peace be with you all

Trouble is, Jesus and "Xtianity as practiced in the white western world" are not the same animal. I stop with "Unless a man loses his life he cannot save it - if he loses it for my sake he will save it" which is very similar to the "death-like" experience of the shaman

i love this vid

• Like 1

• Like 2

Lately, Gnosticism has made a lot sense to me. The idea of confirmation by direct experience.

Pantheism and panentheism also appeals to me, sometimes the most spiritual and sacred I have felt is amongst nature and the natural world.

• Like 1

lol scratch that... I read something the pope said and it totally tripped me out

cause I agreed ... smh

@innerpaths... heres a vid I just heard yesterday and another but the first one

explores the differences and similarities between Hermeticism, Gnosticism, and Neo-Platonism...

Edited by Spine Collector

Spine Collector, that new pope seems really quite liberal, i'm wondering if it might just be a fissard to gain a greater following, as he looks almost as demonic as the last guy, but i really hope he is speaking from the heart, its about time someone with such a big influence became a bit more welcoming regarding diversity.

• Like 2

I practice in Deju vu-oligy.

We believe when you die you relive all those blacked out moments in ya life :)

So in conclusion the more you blackout the better death is, would love to tell you more about it but must finish this 2ltr vodka, in the name of religion of course

• Like 3

@ Ceres... I've had nearly the exact same thoughts since he was poped... and since all popes say the same fufu shit
I usually don't think much of it but in a way I think he's being more direct about things... for example he's been

a little more 'radical' about his stance on the use of condoms, and then he comes out directly and says too many

people are worshipping the money god... I don't hang with catholics but I do know a few and If I see them again

i'm gonna borrow some of his material lol

I am skeptical about his motives.. I'll take his sincerity with a grain of salt, til I see some of them pedos meet the hand of justice... He admits that the dark hand of evil got deep into the church but i've haven't heard about any heads rolling and it's gonna

take at least that much to convince yours truly, about his sincereity... thats some serious shit right there

.It could certainly be a big PR show but if he's sincere then I would assume that means he ate his hat! maybe if more american christians would partake of his hat we'd be a less war-like people :P

Edited by Spine Collector

A smattering of incoherent thoughts.

If you, like me, 'believe' in the reality of the spirit world, how do you respond to the claim that spiritual experience is an illusory survival mechanism generated by the body to relieve anxiety about the certainty of death? I can see the appeal of this view to scientific types, as it fits neatly into the strictly evolutionary model of consciousness.

Humans seem unique amongst living creatures in the value we place on individual life. Ants don't seem to languish in existential dispair as they slave away tirelessly their whole lives, why do we? Perhaps creatures like ants have more confidence in the direction of their colony as a whole than we do in our civilisations. Spirituality and the ego seem to go hand in hand - you can't have one without th other. What reason is their for a god if one doesn't have an ego to be dissolved by death?

Religion and science have severely hindered the sophistication of contempary spirituality. Their appears to be a growing tendency for people to accept that one must either be aethiest or totally accept th notion of benevolent creator god. Yet both of these extremes have much in common - the acceptance of agencies external to ourselves as dictating our existence. As thinking, feeling creatures, surely our universe begins and ends with our own experience?

Edited by ∂an
  • Like 3

religious views are stupid.

there are 2 kinds of people, in this regard, and they are both wrong

now, spiritual views....

let the sagittarians talk about that, will you?

lol

ok I will try to label my self

I am a strong atheist, autonomist, egoist, individualist. Some from the leftish/anarchists and whatnot might migh call me individualist anarchist, based on some opinions, but I dont really believe in anarchy, I just like it and its people.

Dont get this wrong these are spiritual views, since I am atheist. SO I am generally left wing.

Also I like

pantheism, syncretism, paganism, shamanism, psychonautism and concepts of god like

god is self

god is IN self

god is the earth

god is nature

god is a circuit in the brain neurocells

god is life

and I can sympathize with these

god is everything

god is the universe

and I dont really like 'external' gods of any kind

but I dont fight them, not unless I have too...

-----

In Truth

and hear it from the sagittarian

GOD is a master-key WORD

to express ..... our awe for our existence and ultimaltly....

our fear of it....

Edited by mutant
  • Like 2

awesome song

Ok, here goes.

I believe we're all fragments of energy (or souls) that come from the one source energy that wanted to explore its own consciousness. I think that we know right from wrong innately because that conciousness is always there within us. That we go home feeling guilty after we are hurtful to someone because we actually hurt ourselves. That one day we're all going back to the source, with all the knowledge of everything we've all learnt as one (including that of other beings in the universe).

I believe we deliberately choose to forget who we are as part of the human experience and that our overall purpose on earth (over many many thousands of years) is to remember who we are and learn to become adept at harnessing our psychic and healing energies to create an almost "heaven on earth". I think the struggle is part of the journey. I believe some of us come here again and again due to the abundant learning opportunities and potential for soul expansion that the third dimension offers. I believe plants are here to teach us to remember who we are.

I believe in cycles. Ying and Yang cycles (or male and female cycles). I believe that we've been moving into the Divine Feminine cycle for over a hundred years, evidenced by the rapid changes in society the elite cannot control (women gaining the vote and being able to go to work, racism being condemned and slowly vanishing, gay people being accepted, and an overall movement for tolerance for all people).

I believe each of us chose to be here during this time and knew it wouldn't be easy, but wanted to help humanity and the earth herself move into the next stage of evolution.

I'm a life loving pagan. Made my way from being flat to believing that I'm a part of something bigger.

Discovering every day how much everything is connected.

:)
Fun!

OK! If I must use my words.. :rolleyes:

Leave the anger plants behind, you will find plenty of those if you look.

make sure you give the jealousy plants a wide birth they want a piece in everything!

Mind your head around the guilt plant,

and its best to remove the deep tap-root of shame plants if you want to remove them properly.

Keep walking down the garden path, your knows will know when you have found what you are looking for..

Edited by MikeyMagic

and interesting . o . o . o ....

"From wonder into wonder existence opens." - Lao Tzu

I am an artist. My body is my brush. My mind forms my palette.

Drawn breath becomes brush stroke, paint mixed by palette from colors of experience, committed upon canvas of cause and effect, under the light of now.

Completed with my last breath, my masterpiece stands forever unchangeable in a reality created by its brushstrokes, its success measured by the artists it inspires, the possibilities it opens.

My masterpiece contains many errors, few I have had the opportunity to repair, yet with age, my brush strokes improve, my palette expands, and the resolution of my regard deepens as I review my work under a light becoming more familiar.

With this metaphor, I express my spiritual beliefs, ideas which cannot be contained in words but may be discovered with actions. I studied the scriptures and histories of Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism to form my beliefs, discovering in each a gateway to the same path, conveyed by the metaphors and actions of each religions' teachers recorded in each text. When I paint with conscious deliberation, I am practicing all three religions with every brush stroke. Religion has liberated me from the paradox of life, freed my mind from the question "why?" to regard my reality in every moment with greater resolution, and I can see a world in which religion is no more than a cultural descriptor, a world with only one spirituality and two types of people with regard to it: artists; and painters.

Some art tips from the scriptures:

Prophet Muhammad: "He is the best man whose life is long and whose actions are good."; "Learn to know thyself."; "Heaven lieth at the feet of mothers."; "To the light I have attained and in the light I live."; "Everyone is divinely furthered in accordance with his character"; "Religion is admonition, and it means being pure."; "Strive always to excel in virtue and truth."

Buddha: "The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows."; "It is better to travel well than to arrive."; "Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without"; "What we think, we become"; "However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act upon them?"

Jesus Christ: "Love one another."; "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?"; "My kingdom is not of this world."; "Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself."

I'd like to finish this post with another quote from Lao Tzu which I feel is a superior expression of a point I was trying to make above:

"The way that can be described is not the unchanging Way.

The name that can be named is not the unchanging Name.

Nameless, it is the origin of Heaven and Earth.

When Named, it gives birth to all things.

Under these two aspects, it is really the same; but in applying names we differentiate its manifestations. Of all mysteries, this is the most profound; it is the gate of all that is subtle and wonderful. You must rid yourself of desires in order to observe its secrets; if you have desires, you will only see its manifestations."

• Like 1