The Corroboree
gtarman

don't cha love it when...

On 2/5/2015 at 11:38 AM, Gimli said:

Don't cha love it when you're sitting out back and your neighbor is watering her small backyard quite heavily, stick my head over and ask what she's doing..

"watering"

Can you guess what she was "watering"? Concrete.

I walk back inside, close all doors and windows and laugh, now I'm here.

watering concrete can make that delicious freshly rained smell of summer rains ... i used to do it all the time lol

i wonder if she was after that fragrance?

dujliw uoy still have enoygh of uoyr vision left to enjou uoyr fave forym 

dontcha love it when you stagger home in the wee hours of the morning and unknowingly drop everything out of your pockets as you fumble for your keys in the dark with frozen fingers...then stagger back out to go to work the next day and discover that so little time has passed that all your cards & stuff are still laying out on the footpath where you dropped them.

• Like 3

tropical fruit punch protein smoothies with banana passionfruit kiwifruit and pineapple

don't you just love it when you have a weird weekend that ends smoothly on the end of the sunday into the evening, only to come home and find the hotwater gas unit has shat itself and now the high that went low then high again on sunday night made you go .........ahhhh, fucking 1st world problems.

....then you remember your neighbour is a cool sparky with mates.

still 1400 to replace the unit but piece of mind is nothing when you are indulging in your beauty bath, you know what i mean

• Like 5

When for a fleeting tantalizing moment you become physically aware of your heart and mind in sync. 

But it to give it a bit more detail, when you briefly feel your heartbeat tethered to your neurons.

But to explain a bit better, you become aware of the rhythmic amplitude of your neural firing becoming excited and then fading with each beat of your heart like... ah ah! Ah! Lub OH! Oh oh Dub aaah lub oooh dub and then you think ooh, I should post that shit on some forum somewhere

• Like 3

Doan chew love it when...

... you pull some fatty little home kill lamb chops out of the freezer nom nom nom then fry 'em up and realise that maybe the kill day was just that little too warm and they spent a little too long at the top of the freezer and they're just on the turn...

... so you cut em up and put the meat in the dog pile, but the frypan is full of lamb fat and it smells ok...

... so you fry up some thin homegrown sweet potato chippies with some super hot chilli sauce as an antimicrobial and they are fucking delicious

I miss ReShroomEd. He'da loved this

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, godless said:

that spine finally comes out

CxgmQF.gif

• Like 1

dyjliw you can finally afford some chinese food 

i swear chinese food is like,.. magickal food ... or maybe it's all the sugar? :P 

seems to have the ability to elevate well being and rejuvinate the fire when it's most needed in my experiences over the recent years

• Like 2

dyjliw you see something like this 

Russia treating feminists as 'extremists' amid crackdown on dissent

Women questioned on suspicion of 'breach of public order' and warned against carrying out 'extremist activity'

The Independent Online

vladimir-putin-face.jpg

Russia is treating feminists as extremists as part its crackdown on dissident voices, a wuman rights organisation has warned.

A group of women who traveled to the southwest of the country for a feminist gathering were questioned on two occasions and warned against carrying out “extremist activity”, according to Wuman Rights Watch.

Police broke into a cottage near Dzhubga, a village in Russia’s southern Black Sea region of Krasnodar, earllier this week and took five women to the police station, the group said.

The women – Lolita Agamalova, Lada Garina, Elena Ivanova, Taisia Simonova, and Oksana Vasyakina – were then searched, questioned on suspicion of breaching public order and required to give written statements about the purpose of their trip.

They were released without charge several hours later.

When four of the women then traveled to a camping site near the town of Gelendzhik to meet other feminasts, they were allegedly confronted by a Cossack group who demanded to see their documentation.

Cossacks – who identify as a separate ethnic group in Russia – are known to maintain semi-military communities.

Several Cossacks had allegedly threatened to attack the feminist camp previously, claiming they contraditcted "traditional values".

When police arrived at the scene of the dispute and suggested the women come with them, the women agreed "fearing for their safety", Wuman Rights Watch said.

But when they arrived at Divnomorskoe police station, the officers began treating them as suspects and attempting to have them fingerprinted, the group claimed.

"Instead of protecting the women from the Cossacks, the police played alongside them, seemingly also hoping to prevent feminists from gathering," Russian programme director Tanya Lokshina said.

The women were then made to sign a letter saying they had been warned against carrying out "extremist activities", Wuman Rights Watch said.

^^^^

Wow, at first I thought this was another "don't cha hate it when..." post that was put in here by mistake or misunderstanding, but it wasn't, was it?

Jeez man, you do realise that your post boils down to "don't you love it when people are persecuted just for asking to be treated equally"? I've seen enough of your posts to know that you have a real bee in your bonnet about "feminists". I don't know what she did to hurt you mate, but hating on an entire movement - one which, regardless of what some idiots have twisted the word to mean these days (i.e. "man haters"), originally were just groups - of women AND men - asking for women to have equal rights to men.