The Corroboree
gtarman

don't cha love it when...

DCLIW - You've been camping and all of your clothes smell like woodsmoke. <3

DCLIW - You're an computer illiterate person and you just wanna moosh the keyboard in frustration?

Edited by Yawning Man
  • Like 2

Don't ya love it when a mantra gets stuck in your head for days, and every time you sing it aloud and someone hears you, they know you are happy.

• Like 1

DYLIW the prune juice finally kicks in, and despite the prescription medication they've had you on causing a total logjam, you finally give birth to that motherfucker.

(True story from this morning)

• Like 3

^^ I find a couple of prunes a day keeps me regular. FYI

• Like 1

don't you love it when the first 5 episodes of new Game of Thrones seasons appear online :D

DCLIW.............WASABI PEAS :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Like 3

You score a wave that is so good you have a religious experience. That good.

• Like 4

you are crying alone and a dog comes out of nowhere to lick your face

• Like 5

Doncha love it when you connect with someone and when it ends, all you wanna do is vomit tears. yay for feeling alive!

Don't cha love it when, you're feeling a bit down then you read every post in this thread and are reminded of how beautiful and simple life can be.

• Like 6

Dcliw you're lying on ya tummy and your cat comes and sits on your back and starts kneading on either side of your spine.. Goooood kitty-masseuse :wub:

• Like 5

when you got so much energy not only you get the things you needed to get done you do more besides

• Like 2

dcliw you feeling a bit under the weather and you sit down with a warm bowl of your favourite comfort soup. I'd forgotten just how rejuvenating miso soup made with strong shiitake broth can be. shiitakes really are a magic mushroom :innocent_n:

• Like 3

Dcliw crazy Antarctic weather spontaneously makes you into a community person. Just had a hair-razing mish up my hill with a little old lady who got off at the same stop as me. Usually the bus will take ya all the way up the hill but black ice and semipermenant frost made things unsafe for buses, but also unsafe for unwitting walkers. Me and this little ol' lass stuck together and helped each other out through the super steep and super slippery bits, extending steadying hands every-so-often where needed and holding on to each others things where we struggled.

Turns out we live on the same street and I felt great when she said how glad she was to have some company on the trip to make sure if she fell there would be someone there to help.

Crazy winter over here. Jack Frost is out with a vengeance.

I saw this amazing art technique in a school newsletter which I wanna try if its still frosty tomorrow. As far as i can establish the kids had taken very liquidy water paints, created a colourful ensemble and then while still very wet laid the paper out onto the frosty grass. The liquid in the paint then froze into fractal-looking painty ice crystals which remained after the paper had dried.

• Like 5

I saw this amazing art technique in a school newsletter which I wanna try if its still frosty tomorrow. As far as i can establish the kids had taken very liquidy water paints, created a colourful ensemble and then while still very wet laid the paper out onto the frosty grass. The liquid in the paint then froze into fractal-looking painty ice crystals which remained after the paper had dried.

If it's not freezing wintertime you can get a similar effect from sprinkling salt on the really-wet paint - it's nice because you can limit it to some areas to make cool fractal snowflakes or clouds or whathaveyou.

il_340x270.480369150_bfcb.jpg

5216045754_1be2139a51_z.jpg?w=426&h=624

• Like 6

don't cha love it when link jumping leads to other cool things... when trying to find the pictures above I also discovered this technique for creating huge snow marbles (freeze food-coloured water in balloons then cut the balloon away) and then variations where there are flowers or little toys frozen inside, and my favourite, ones that have a little light inside them (some take the balloons out while the middle is unfrozen then pour out the water & put in a candle or something in the hollow, others just use LEDs & freeze them solid)

Wikipedia wouldn't be nearly so popular if it weren't for the random places you can end up from following links.

post-313-0-55110400-1435189845_thumb.jpgpost-313-0-60960200-1435189854_thumb.jpg

post-313-0-55110400-1435189845_thumb.jpg

post-313-0-60960200-1435189854_thumb.jpg

post-313-0-55110400-1435189845_thumb.jpg

post-313-0-60960200-1435189854_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Dcliw there is a perfectly timed cross over of dream and waking realities which blows your mind more than just a little bit. I was dreaming that giant multicoloured feathers were falling down on me, yet somehow I was still awake to the extent that I physically put my arms up above my head to try to catch one, and just at that moment, the poster I have of a black and gold Chinese dragon on really light handmade paper happens to fall down off the wall to be clasped by my waiting hands.

• Like 4

dcliw a kid is being towed by a postie bike up the street you block the street with your car so he can fly down the hill and

put your hand out for a high five

• Like 1

You're at the markets and you see something you like but you have no money. But the cool Tibetan stall owner tells you to take it anyway, and you can pay him some other time.

• Like 1

< 3 y.o. walks up to a bunch of cacti: "hell-o ladies"

• Like 4

you find something you have been searching for ages

• Like 1

Dcliw you are too tired to move, but have really cold feet. So your kitty comes and sits right on your feet, warming them up nicely.

• Like 3

you clean your house and you find a 5 dollar note and heaps of assorted coins

• Like 1

When you have unknowingly spent all day with a piece of glass in your foot and when you finally take off that sock to see what's causing that unruly zing, the glass fragment is right there at the surface, easy as to pull out. Phew. The odds of this being so straightforward after walking on it all day are unbelieveable.

When your best buddy in the whole world comes to see you, fills your heart and mind with joy and hope for the best possible future imaginable, and you know beyond all doubt that you are supported and loved and cared for and you see the synergistic creative power of your combined wills. And then she leaves you with artworks, poems and stories to adorn your walls with and warmth in your heart.

When your cat is really really happy and just overflowing with all the love, smoochy kitty.

When you have faith that even though there are hard times, things can and will improve.

When things are nice, and you feel happy.

• Like 3