The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
HyperSpaceCowboy

salvia

salvia was my intoduction to the ethnobotanical scene - less than 8 months ago.

I am so sad to see it has now been made illegal. sad that i can't just wonder down the road and buy it. Sad that i can no longer smoke it with the knowledge that for once i am not doing anything to break the law. FUCK the law.

Most of all i am sad that it has hit me once again that we live in a society so blind to the potential use for Salvia and that we are being pushed further into that little box that seems so far removed from what we know as freedom.

Here's a little poem i wrote with salvia in mind some time ago.

if two dimensions could collide

one of beauty

one of grace

you would be the portal through which we all could see

the glass through which we see

the window that shows us light

beauty

the wonders too rich to be enumbered by words

as our eyes turn to you we realise

that all the beauty

all the visions of utopia that now sooth our weathered hearts

are not seen through you

but upon you

as your light makes the world a better place

simply because you are in it

DAMN!

maybe the 'powers that be' are so shit scared of people using drugs because it allows the masses to see through their policies and lies. witch hunts and slavery are still with us, only the name has changed.

Guest Mesqualero

Exactly they dont want us to see through the holographic reality they are projecting onto us.....

Guest Nozzle Boy

I just finished reading 1984 a few days ago - the Party funds a war that encourages anger in the general public, prohibits happiness, so as not to be educated, and learn the ultimate truth - that society does not need a leader, society needs freedom.

How coincidentally freaky is that ? Going by what WD said, the war on drugs could be linked to Oceania's war on … war !?! Man, 1984 fucking ruled. Everyone, read that book, and then read Animal Farm, and then try telling me that George Orwell ain't the best author ever. Excluding JRR Tolk( is it "ie" or "ei" ? )n.

Guest Nozzle Boy

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, that bit above really only applies to the "proles" - in the case of the Party, mainly the Outer Party ( never trust the Inner Party ! Liars like O'Brian and Martin will sell your soul to Big Brother ! They are the devil ! ) ( still with me ? Brackets are hard to read, and quite distracting … man, I'll just start again … )

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, that bit above really only applies to the "proles" - in the case of the Party, mainly the Outer Party, most members of the Party would be intelligible enough to see through the High's needs in society, but because all previous information that could say the High are doing bad shit is wiped, all Party members believe they are better off than before the Revolution, and believe that the High are good, hence keeping them up there - man, I gotta go back and learn grammar in English again. Maybe learn a new language while I'm at it - Newspeak maybe, it looks pretty doubleplusgood …

Guest Mesqualero

The proles were more liberated than the outer party... imho

I once came across a website headed:

Entheogenics - the revolution against the most cognitively oppressed age in human history.

I thought that was funky at the time. Now I think that statement is more than just witty.

Good to read some references to Orwell. I could talk about Orwellian stuff all the time.

Apropos: Keep the Aspidastra Flying is another great book by Orwell. Its not political like 1984 or Animal Farm but its certainly one of my favourite reads.

Guest Nozzle Boy

Adrian - yep. Now we can … continue not meeting up with each other, as was with Ballarat. Problem solvered.

Finally you learnt some newspeak you arrogant bitch. I bet you feel foolish about your "doubleplus old" comments now eh boy! biggrin.gif

The signifigance of you being born in 1984 has got to mean something. Perhaps it means that you need to engage in homosexual intercourse with a Chemical Shaman. I'll consult the fortune cookies.

-Chemical Shaman

"Tom is cat"

Guest DragonFyre

Im going to pretend like that I didnt read that last post....

Erm, DragonFyre...you haven't met our very own CS yet have you... well he's not exactly ours he's kinda anyone's really, especially if they have a nice pair of socks he covets. And we don't actually claim any responsibility for him, he's a force of nature, like a cyclone, or a fart. Sometimes when things get too exciting we boot him out for a week. But we love him.

CS play nicely with the new person please...

Oh CS, put it back in your pants. Neither Nozz nor DragoFyre want you. I guess now that Nozz lives in Melbourne, you don't have any excuse to visit his mom in ballarat wink.gif

Guest Nozzle Boy

bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#FF0000">

INSERT

SMART ASS

COMMENT NOI

When all else fails, revert to some flashy HTML coding.

… crappy HTML coding at that, coz this BBS fucks with all the HTML that you type.

[This message has been edited by Nozzle Boy (edited 09 March 2002).]

Whatever happened to OUR democrats?

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.ph...7625#post817625

We seem to be going in opposite directions.

Was OUR 'new law' passed through the senate?

Perhaps there's been a link shown to salvia use and terrorism.

Sorry i've just realised the link has been there all the time. If you go against archaic laws, you're terrorised by your own kind. Sort of like the taliban regime treated their constituents.

Guest ziebonka

Does anyone know how come it takes the government two years to decriminalise cannibis and only two months to make salvia illegal???

Originally posted by lurker:

Was OUR 'new law' passed through the senate?

It doesn't need to pass. The Act was passed many years ago and any new regulations made under the act become law automatically without having to be presented to the parliamentary process.