The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mindmelt

LIGHT GREEN MARIJUANA

This guy I met out in the surf yesterday was telling me of a very serious concern he held for his 4 marijuana plants.He lives in vic and started them in august,the plants are massive by now and just begining to bud,the problem is that over the course of the last five weeks they have been gradually turning a lighter shade of green,and now they are a very light green indeed.He then went on to say"IS not the strain as they are 4 seperate breeds and should not be the soil cause I havent done anything different than usual"calm down ,I said to the guy but he then went on about how they dont look so healthy and they should be lovely and dark green and they havent got many resin crystals like they should and that if things go wrong then there is going to be a homocide.By now the guy was starting to freak me out so I casually paddled off,the thing is I feel sorry for this unlucky grower and really wish I could share some bonza advice with him.So please people,HELP ME TO HELP HIM,he did look really concerned and as I hear he doesnt have a job, is kinda counting on the extra income so he can offord to see a shrink so he can stop having sexual fantasies about his mum.OH SHIT,Ive just blown my cover,please help.

Guest Denis Shaw

ok dude um....... you are feeding your plants right? Tell me you are feeding your plants.

-Chemical Shaman

"The other white meat"

This dude has been feeding them a mixture of Miracle grow and Charlie carp during the vegatative stages and is now lovingly marinating them in MONSTA BUD,these plants are outdoor by-da-way and Kermit the frog green,what the fuck is going wrong???????????

Aint somebody somewhere got some advice on this matter?you motherfuckers just gunna sit back and let these creatures die,sitting back and doing nothing,not even a sentence ,this is a cry for help for godsakes,you should all be highly ashamed of yourselves,KERMIT THE FROG GREEN and fading fast pllleeasseeeeeee hellllp.

Complete guess work here-

You're using budding agents? And your hop vines are turning light green? Sounds like a mineral deficiency or a Ph problem. Take a soil sample to a friendly gardener who will tell you if it's the soil (needs to be between Ph5 and Ph7).

I would actually plump for a mineral deficiency. You have enough nitrogen on your hop vines- I think-, but it sounds like you have a magnesium deficiency. Either that or you have excessively acid soil that's interfering with the roots' ability to get at the nitrogen in the soil. Alternatively there could be too much potassium in the soil, which interferes with the absoption of both calcium and magnesium- given the colour this is a strong possibility. Note that if flowering has successfully occurred and the heads have not filled out, potassium overdose is strongly indicated.

There is also the chance of overwatering. You didn't metion how much water was being used.

Correct the Ph in the soil, make sure that the soil around the base of the vine is not wet all the time, and apply as Ph neutral a magnesium-calcium supplement as you can find.

Hope this helps.

waz

magnesium-calcium supplement, under what guise could someone purchase this?,is there something natural that could contain those elements?...Warzon,your advice is rock-solid and comes from the heart,you have earned yourself a place in heaven.

I was wondering if it's possile to use diet supplements to help hops. But people aren't hop vines so the nutrients might not work the same.

Originally posted by mindmelt:

magnesium-calcium supplement, under what guise could someone purchase this?,is there something natural that could contain those elements?...Warzon,your advice is rock-solid and comes from the heart,you have earned yourself a place in heaven.

That's wazron not warzon... Gypsum has good calcium at near-neutral pH (pH7). As far as magnesium goes I am not sure but once again you local nursery should be able to help.

BTW there is no heaven other than that which we create. Remember me in your time of bountiful harvest. smile.gif

peeece

waz

Guest Monkey Shines

When the plants start budding they use more nutrients so they will get some from the leaves which will turn them slightly yellow. This is normal so he shouldn't need to give it any more fertilisers than normal. The nutrient that flowering plants use most is phosphorus so if he wanted to he could give them fertiliser with higher P but the stuff he is using is probably good. Urine is a good source of Nitrogen but it should always be diluted with water.

Wazron,there is indeed a heaven,it is a place where angels urinate into the open mouths of stray-cats,policemean are slowly dis-embowled over the hot coals of a KKK corpse and champagne-poppers are discharged within the eye sockets of the clergy.And in heaven you are known as WARZON ,not wazron.

Guest Trichus

Dolomite is a form of lime that is slowly released into the soil- you wont burn your plants or induce massive chemical changes like with other stuff changes like with other limes. Apply weekly. I forget its chemical formula but it will supply as well as unlock calcium, and will also supply a healthy boost of magnesium as well as unlocking the current soil Mg.

Regular fertilising will quickly acidify the soil.

Surely light green plants must have their virtues though?

Originally posted by Monkey Shines:

When the plants start budding they use more nutrients so they will get some from the leaves which will turn them slightly yellow. This is normal so he shouldn't need to give it any more fertilisers than normal.

Well the shaman in me says that because mindmelt's surfer mates' plants are uniform kermit the frog green and getting paler by the day indicates a chronic rather than acute problem.

The nutrient that flowering plants use most is phosphorus so if he wanted to he could give them fertiliser with higher P but the stuff he is using is probably good.

Charlie Carp is plenty high in potassium, plus which- an OD of potassium will inhibit the -absorption- (rather than content) of calcium and magnesium! As the hops are/have already flowered, any addition of further potassium (imho) would be counterproductive. Potassium supplements (if necessary) are best added 2-3 weeks before flowering.

Of course all information that seeks to help is good. MM, learn all our opinions, then ask the plant what it needs. If you empathise and understand, you will know which path to take. Just remember that a plant does not speak with words, or psychic powers.

waz

Something strange has occured.Have you noticed that plants which end up being males often turn a much lighter shade of green than that of the females,usually about a month before flowering?Well a large number of outdoor growers I know do share this hypothesis,this brings me to the bizzare nasty.All four plants have just begun to exhibit hermaphrodidic traites.Even though thay have been flowering heavily up until this time in a female way only.How fucking weird that they should all be doing it now at this late stage,about 95 percent female 5 percent male,different strains but each one is behaving the exact same way,and it gets weirder,where the male flowers are growing is the part on the plants that have and are turning the palest.Ive been talking to friends of enemies of friends and nobody has ever heard of anything like this.What da fuck is going on ????????

do you perhaps live near a nuclear reactor? if u seek seedless then maybe u could try cutting out all the boy bits. don't use your fingers as that will spread pollen everywhere as your figertips go from part to part. could just be a dud strain, it happens with sativas mostly. you weren't meddling with gibberellins per chance? these are all just guesses btw as i wouldn't dream of doing what your friend is doing.

Guest DragonFyre

geez I have read some crap - some of you people (excluding wazrom) really need to get out a book or two and maybe re-research some of your theories on growing...

for one when a 'tomatoe' plant is 'budding'(yes they do bud wink.gif), yes it uses more Phosphorus than in the average growing stages but the main time to be worrying about phosphorus is as a seedling!! Not when you have a huge established plant with a well established root system...

It sounds possibly either a lack of or too much K (Potassium), possibly but doubtfully a lack of nitrogen (yellowing of the leaves - new growth first) or possibly magnese, magnesium, iron or calcium

Suprisingly so Boron (which is usually the least abundant) is a major player with 'tomatoe' plants and just a lil too much a toxifying yet too lil can have devastating effects on the entire growth of the plant as Boron effects *EVERY* part of growth... keep that Ph under 7 for sure and above 5.5 this is a must especially with the nutrient as certain salts will not be of use to the plants roots if your Ph strays past these points (not so much with the soil as soil is too hard to keep a constant Ph - soil is worse for trying to correct the Ph than a hydro system with pumps or NFT Nutrient Flow Tech.) - 6.3 is a good average Ph

and as for mixing fertilizers together well who is the fool, hands up?!?

you NEVER mix fertilizers/nutrients UNLESS they are designed to do so and as you said you are using MONSTA BUD - which is a nutrient ADDITIVE! NOT A NUTRIENT!! - so if you are feeding your plant Monsta Bud alone NO DAMN WONDER YOUR PLANT IS DYING!

My best advice to you is to try and use a pre-made nutrient (there are countless excellent nutrients out there these days...

I personally like the Amsterdamn Indoors) and either use it as a complete fertilizer for your bush (soil) plants or make a *very* basic static hydroponic system (static hydro systems are the best but need the most tending - though sometimes you can get away with once a week if it rains... u can leave them go for 2 if u have to with the coco coir for any reason though its not wise) by mixing up a well draining medium of a lil gravel/perlite/coarse sand (something to loosen the soil) and mix with double the amount of coconut coir/peat moss and just use a normal pot with a decent sized tray underneath! (which will create a resoviour at the bottom of the pot) Once a week (make it a certain day) you will need to drain out any excess water and rewater with a nutrient - though 2-3 days before rewatering with nutrient next you will need to flush the roots with fresh clean water so the roots dont build up with salt residues(if it rains a decent amount dont bother) water out of the kettle left to cool is great for this

You now have the most basic hydroponic system out (not that I have seen anyone other than myself think of this - though Im sure that will change now I've mentioned it) and its easy as pie to do so no more excuses for saying its too hard to grow hydro! So get out there and grow some wicked plants!

Also you dont need to go to any trouble with big expensive lights as most people believe. I've owned a 1000w MetalHalide grow light and I can tell you now they arent anywhere near as good as the sun - atleast under the sun you get nice big hairy fluffy light buds that fluff when you chop, not tight little nuggets that are as solid as gold (and usually as expensive as to) that chop to what they look... trust me you can grow some pretty damn nice sh*t with a basic hydro static system grown under the sun!

Also does he leave his plants alone long enough to grow? As that is another no. 1 killer of plants - overdoing everything! You need to give the plant time to grow on its own and use all these chemicals that your chucking all ova the poor thing! And try not to use any chemical/fertilizer/nutrient on the leaves or folage whilst there is still sunlight or your doing your plant great risk of chemical burn. Also with the roots if your going to try and use CO2 enrichment (for people trying hydro seriously) NEVER use it on the roots as I have seen one person (who I wont shame by naming, who will read this and yes you know who you are *taps nose twice*) as this will poison the roots! Plant folage may take in CO2 and expel oxygen but the roots do NOT work the same way!! The only thing of use to roots is Oxygen, Water and Salts! Everything else is toxic and no matter what anyone says chemical fertilizers will always be better than organic cuz chemical fertilizers are pure salts, they dont need to be broken down more to become salts as with more organic fertilizers! =P hopefully some of you organic growers out there may see the logic behind all this unlike most I've tried to talk to on that subject and realize that usage of chemical fertilizers is a much better application to most crops when used in the correct amount...

Also does anyone know of a place to find pre-made nutrients for plants other than 'tomatoes'? As Ive had a few Box's of elemental salts disappear so I cant make up a nutrient to experiement with some of my fav new plants =(

Would like to see a pic of a nice hydro-grown Sallie.D

Guest Trichus

As rkundalini pointed out a while back, please consider the impact that you may be having on the wildlife that is already there- maybe ganja doesnt grow there for a reason (that particualr strain anyway)

You need to put the books down and spend more time in the real world DragonFyre-,

Theres much more going on in the soil than in your barren hydro medium: bacteria, viruses, endless crawlies and unimaginable reactions involving endless overlapping systems of equilibrium. You dont even have to have an inkling of some of the reactions that can occur with DNA to have your mind blown if you look at it right.

It amazes me that so many claim to love da herb, yet will spend $1000s on polluting hydro equipment and nutes instead of getting to know her and letting the sun and earth work their magic. After all that controlling, its no wonder they need a good smoke! All this while damaging magical conglomerations of genetic material as well as the occasional piss in the gene pool.

And what about the poor repressed males? I have heard of some amazing observations from drug crazed ramblers about the effect of different males on the expression of the female and about different events changing her moods.

If you think there isnt a sufficient legal hurdle to stop you, I advise growing (staring next spring) some strains that have been open pollinated and bred in reasonably healthy outdoor conditions and carefully observe the impact in your garden. You may just be surprised. You dont have to smoke it either, you can cook with the seeds (I imagine a bowl of resinous seeds would be mmmm good) and foliage- or you could just leave it as a present for the birds or something. Me, I have a dream of gourmet sour mango chicken stuffing.