The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Drgreen

Transplanting rivea from indoor to outdoor

As the topic says I have some rivea that i have struck off indoors under lights. This is the begining of my garden so I dont have much if any expirence and was wondering if I could get some tips on how to reduce the stress of the move out doors??..

They are tinny at the moment (about 10-15cm) but it will be a couple of months till they make the move.

Any ideas or tips would be great.

Thanks all drG

once you plant them out, they might get sunburn and/or a bit limp for a while, because they never experienced wind or strong sun...

if possible put a fan into your grow area, once in a while to make the tissue strong, or be extra careful, when you choose to plant them out. extra careful means, get the plants slowly adjusted.

but even if you don't harden out the plants, before planting out, they most likely will survive, and form new tougher shoots from than one.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff mate cheers!!

I didnt think there would be much of a problem, they seem like a very strong plant. Ill drop a little fan in there tomorrow to give them a bit more strength :)

Thought id better ask the question before risking death lol

Cheers drG

Definitely wait until the weather warms up and I wouldn't put it where it will get full summer sun ( in my climate ) if its going to stay in a pot as they suffer if they dry for to long. if you are going to plant it in the ground I would find a nice protected spot that gets plenty of winter sun.

Two things that killed mine were exposed position in winter with little sun and full sun in summer.

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Thanks for them good point got.

Are you by any chance in tas?? Ill have a few to pass around is all and would be happy to give you a couple :)

Cheers guys

Looks awesome mate, insperation rite there ;)

Happy days drG