The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
HyperSpaceCowboy

solvent

what chemicals are mixed in with a smoke of DMT to give it that wicked smell?

theres a small feeling when smoking it of sticking my head in a bucket of solvent. well worth it of course.

how much of the sensation is caused by dmt itself, and how much of it is caused by whatever goes with it?

call me ignorant/stupid, but the fact is i dont know and i want to

yeah i'm curious if there's possiblity of any left over solvents or toxins in DMT extractions, for example like the DMT one jizz-monkey may or may not have smoked in one imaginary creek bed. cause for several hours today my jizz-monkey may or may not of had sharp pains in his lungs when breathing in more than like 3/4 full and was quiet worried he may have fucked his lungs up.

depends what is used. when I dreamed I did an extract on phalaris recently I used chloroform... this has a powerful and distinctive smell, and a low boiling point. it will usually all be totally gone (unless you use a higher boiling point solvent)...

however I do believe that DMT itself is very harsh on the lungs... so I wouldn't be too worried. 'burning plastic' is the popular analogy, so that's something to go on wink.gif

take care!

oh yeah - RE the 'powerful and distinctive smell'... what I meant to add was that you can usually tell if there is any still in there.

Guest MIHKAL

nuff of your complaining sass, at least you got some results. i got scalded lips and tongue and little else.

Guest AFROMAN

If oNe were to name some easily-accessible solvents that could be used to extract DMT, what would One say considering this all happened in a dream One had last night?

bah, someone wasn't determined enough. scalded lips? ha, i had strong chest pains whenever breathing in for half a day, i really thought i'd fucked something up... i think i'll be more carefull about injesting ify substances - like those mushrooms we ate 'there fine i'm sure of it' then later we've got one expert saying 'i wouldnt eat em' and another 'i dont *think* their posionous'...

btw i wasnt talking about the time in the creekbed, i was talking about a time when my gazzele was at home and about to relax with some hash and his glass pipe... few seconds later he was knocked to his ass, vision rapidy filling up with fractals and beatifull visualls - literally almost shating himself... someone wasnt using the pipe properly... defenitely didnt clean it out after using eek.gif

Guest will3

Go to your local Shell service station and ask for "Shell Light" Petrol.

This works well for venting all your potential soulistic molecules into evaporated //////////////////////////////,,,,,,,,,............aaaaaaaaaaaaa--------------4444444444444777777777777777777777 111111111meow-woofle-quake 5-no you're not god, we are etc fuck (you arnotts DOM or DOB pour dumb)->

Julian.

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 02 March 2002).]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

yes the resin is smokable. how do i know this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

HA!

some guy leaning against a big old tree in the middle of a park told me.

His eyes were wide open and bright. it seemed like maybe he knew what he was talking about.

there are funny creatures out and about in the night.

they come in all different shapes and sizes.

thanks for technique tips J

Whatever crap is in the acacia extract depends muchly on the skill of the extractor. sadly most of them don't have much skill and the usual culprits you will find are sodium citrate (tastes like sour 'warheads') or sodium acetate (tastes like vinegar). A wildcard is solvent residues. This could be anything depending on which solvent was used. The common one used is shellite and this is pretty good as it is distilled multiple times and has virtually no residue. Some people use petrol, which is a no no. Others may used acetone as an initial solvent and then chlorosomething (chloroform, DCM, etc) to recrystallise. I also once saw a sample that containe turps residue.

In some cases the sodium hydroxide is subtituted with ammonia, so the result is ammonium citrate or ammonium acetate. in some cases the acid used is hydrochloric acid, which then laves the sodium or ammonium salts thereof.

So what is dangerous?? Most of them aren't in terms of eating them. The ammonium or sodium salts are harmless. The solvent residues are mostly harmless (but definitely not to be ignored). Smoking however is a different story. Inhaling citric or acetic acid that is released as the corresponding salt is pyrolysed is not going to do your lungs any favours. So if it tastes sour when smoking then the 'chemist' cut a few corners (and also diluted your product).

The 'normal' absolutely fucking disgusting taste and smell caused by burning acacia extract or any other tryptamine source is based on the decomposition artefacts of the tryptamine itself. I am not certain, but I believe this to be skatol, the substance that makes shit stink. Your precious baggie of fresh goop will eventually smell of this even if not pyrolysed.

The good news about smoking is that solvent residues will ignite first and will most likely be converted into CO2 and water and thus be rendered mostly harmless before entering the lungs.

Now, when you buy DMT overseas it is usually off white crystalline, rather than beer coloured crystals that change to a dark brown goop after a few minutes in your pocket. Some people claim that the brown oil is actually active itself and that the purified crystals would not be as strong. I don't know if this is true or not, but I have had clean DMT crystals in amsterdam that were far more powerful than the brown goopy acacia extract. The brown oil is often claimed to be a tryptamine such as a 5 substiuted version or the n-oxide. This would be easy enough to find out if someone was to extract the brown oil and smoke it by itself (only applicable where this might be legal). If it is really as potent as some claim, then the approximately 50-100mg oil extracted from 1g of acacia extract should provide several full-effect doses.

BTW, note for the chemists: Give your shellite solution an extra water wash to get rid of the citrates and acetates. Also, let this last wash separate for at least 15 minutes to avoid water droplets being suspended in the shellite. I presume that will get rid of the acid salts.

I didn't edit any content in will3's post. just broke the long line so that the forums fit on one screen.

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 02 March 2002).]