The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

LOOK HERE!

Guest shroomyy

s

Originally posted by Mesqualero:

what? as in some kind of ethnobotany ruling elite ? a group who will decide who is "righteous" enough to be allowed to use the forums?

um guess i was only thinking that there would be one person to not allow. but i dont see how it would be any different to what we have now if you break the rules than the moderators decide. but it dosnt make them all powerful or righteous, thats life dude someone has to enforce the rules like it or not. its been stated clearly these forums aint a democracy so i dont think its a matter of being righteous, just making sure trouble makers are left out is all. and if you remember the whole mulga thing he was givin many opertunities to play it cool and do the right thing but he chose to keep bagging the owner of the site and anyone else who didn,t aggree with him so he has been rejected. it doesnt meen we/me concider ourselves above him or anyone else.

Guest Mesqualero

yeah for sure, I have no problem with the fact that these forums do need to have some controls, what I am more concerned about are the people who are in the same position i was 1-2 years ago; that is, trying to find the right sources for hard to get plants and seeds, and desperatley searching for like minded individuals to share their expertise.

In my opinion that would be the biggest loss

because the newcomers to this community are the future, the more people trading plants,seeds and information the better (right?)

My point too Mesq. But PLEASE remember that ANYONE has the opportunity to set up a similar site.

In the event that a subscriber/ password access site does eventuate, it would be extremely unfair to expect Torsten to set up and run two sites at once. I don't have time and I know it, so I'm happy to go along with the outcome either way rather than complain.

Guest Mesqualero

I wasn't complaining was I? If it sounded like it It didn't mean to. I am assuming that most of the current users of the forums will be transferred over in the case of a password thing happening... I'm not complaining at all, I'll be happy as long as I can continue using the forums....

I wasn't complaining was I? If it sounded like it It didn't mean to.

It did to me, but I didn't think you meant it to be seen that way, which is why I requested clarification

Guest VENDEJO

Darklight, why have all these posts disappeared?

Is this the end of the forums as we know it?

I think this could be the death knell.

There are two sides to every story and I don't give to know who is better or worse or who is wrong or who is rightous (personally I think people should keep those opinions to themselves or their shrinks wink.gif

I am concerned about how people deal with their isuues though, esp. when it effect others.

See, Its not what you say, but how you say it that makes an impression on us (Mulga).

You should (in theory) know of the right plants/ herbs (not da "Urb" wink.gif that can be taken to assist in dealing with stress, anxiety etc.

Being an ethnobotany community this is the place to find out and tell findings.

Could Mulga be encouraged to direct his energies in a positive way?

I hope he is'nt taking any psychoactive substances.

Mulga get it together, you're starting to crap on like a looney or an old senile man.

Apparently you have some goodness to contribute, prove it write a book or something.

(see mardi grass post ethno.)

Thank you for the support all!

It is a difficult situation for me and I would have loved to be out of it quite some time ago. It is wasting a lot of my energy - energy spent better on this website or at Wandjina. However, unlike the last time the Mulga problems surfaced publically, I feel there is so much support that I would not dream of letting any of this go just because of him. The forums will stay and the shop will re-open (a few days late - I am exhausted). However, I will be changing the access to the forums somewhat. I have to weigh up the benefits and drawbacks of getting a better piece of software to allow more flexible control, while loosing the archives (which can be saved separately). Or using the UBB and making things a little more time consuming for me. I think it will eb the latter simply because of the searchability of the software.

The changes will be simple and will not cause a lot of problems to the current members and future members. Almost all current members will stay and keep their passwords. However I will require a valid e-mail address to be added to the profile. Anyone not responding to an e-mail confirmation will be deleted. This will reduce the number of people registered who don't actually come here anymore.

The forum will be public reading access. I have no intentions of going underground or making it password protected to read it.

New members will need to be referred by an existing member. It will be easy for them to contact existing members via the profiles in the forums. Maybe someone local or maybe someone with similar interests. The existing member needs to refer from his registered e-mail address and the new member will need to provide a valid private POP3 e-mail address (for confirmation only) and an optional public e-mail address (to display in the profile).

As a last resort, new members who have no contacts to be referred by will need to enter into e-mail exchange with me from a POP3 e-mail address and I will decide on their admission.

If an existing member refers Mulga or any other destructive force, then both will be removed - don't get fooled.

This method will have least disruption to the forums and the members. It is a little labour intensive in the beginning, but should settle down eventually.

Any comments??

um, yeah, thanks, and you're MUCH more patient that I am, but we knew that.

I'm looking forward to the quiet. While I admit to being one of the noisy ppl at the moment I can promise that in the absence of Mulga and his ilk ( elk? ) I won't get so upset. I want badly to spend more time in TC lab doing actual work.

Maybe then we can all go outside and play in our gardens smile.gif So yeah, thanks for the extra input.

Guest Mesqualero

I only have Free, Web-based Email... because at the moment i am Net-sharing an ISP account with my flatmate and he uses his POP3 account... It is unlikely that i will have an ISP based E-mail any time in the near future... so......? Or is that only needed to refer new members

[This message has been edited by Mesqualero (edited 27 February 2002).]

it seems such a shame to delete mulga now that he's finally getting some of the flak that he's strived so hard for.

Originally posted by waterdragon:

it seems such a shame to delete mulga now that he's finally getting some of the flak that he's strived so hard for.

Have I told you lately that I love you? Shit, WD, you crack me up.

Or is that only needed to refer new members

It's only needed if the new member doesn't have a referrer. You are fine.

In any case, anyone who has an ISP connection also has access to a POP3. Even if a friend is using it, I am sure he wouldn't mind if you needed to send one single e-mail through it.

Originally posted by Darklight:

Shit, WD, you crack me up.

just read you post on the bikies so we're even.

[/b]