The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Darklight

State of the Yart

Originally posted by Torsten:

Originally posted by gomaos:

it certainly gave me a slightly different outlook on drugs and on literature. For me maybe it was a wake-up call that it is actually possible to do too many drugs wink.gif

The One book that certainly changed my outlook on life was Tim Leary's "politics of ecstasy". When I read it in 1971 it put me into a perpetual trance while reading.

I remember being an apprentice with my tests for being a tradesman coming up and reading leary at work at the breakfast table. On co-worker who thought he was an "intellectual" glanced at the book and counted the times the word "LSD" was written on evry page. I think it's well over ten times on every page or so.

But I finished my tests with "GOOD" results, not just satisfactory, but good, and became a tradesman.

The book had put me in such a heightened state that I could do the tests without any problems.

Thanks, Tim.

Later I read almost all works of Huxley to consolidate my view.

The last Leary I read was "Flashbacks" in the 80s, which is also very good.

The "doing" many drugs is a thing which seems to have gotten popular in the nineties,

and I got this outlook only after getting onto erowid, and shaman australis.

Thanks, Torsten and erowid...

Originally posted by rkundalini:

bit irritating because they try to cloak the story with a pretense of being Art by the device of unusual literary style.

I'm guessing this is reffering to some of the poems i have written, (not stories since my stories are genuinly fiction), i'm not really offended by this, actually i agree with it, they are pretentious, but the one about The Edge was my last one, the thing is they are still strangely self-satisfying to write "Writing these words keeps me from madness" - Bukowski (now there is a pretentious quote designed to annoy) and in actual fact they are not all about drugs, in fact, only one of them was directly about drugs and that was the New Years Eve one....

so actually, comments about stories of drugfuckedness with pretensions to art can only refer to one (as far as i can see) non controversial post on the pyschedelic expressions board

and another thing, stories of drugfuckness CAN be art, read 'Howl' by Allen Ginsberg

i haven't seen any Hunter S Thompson esque posts ever (except the Fear and loathing in Albury thing that was really just a kickstarter for the Pychedellic expressions board) But Hunter, i think is aweseome and i'd wouldn't mind reading a few things wrtten in that style

Originally posted by Happas:

and another thing, stories of drugfuckness CAN be art, read 'Howl' by Allen Ginsberg

or the yage letters by Burroughs. In fact much of Burroughs stuff.

and no, i'm not a Burroughs fan, but it's still art.

CS, if you're getting so upset about three dots, then I wonder how you would cope with three of these wink.gif

! ! !

get over it.

Yah get over it.

So I get irritated by posts that seem to be attention-seeking, that say "look how cool I am, look how fucked up I got". So sometimes the number of such posts gets high enough that I let slip with a snide comment. Sorry.

Oh and happas, I didn't think "ho hum another drugfucked story" about any of your writings in Psychedelic Expressions, they were all rather interesting... I'm still meaning to go back and read the longer ones properly. That particular forum is pretty new and I don't think any/much "look how cool and drugfucked I am" stuff has appeared there yet.

Oh hey look I used an ellipsis without prefacing it with a smart-arse comment...

(And no, I don't think Burroughs or Ginsberg or Kesey or Thompson any of those are just "look how cool I am for getting fucked up".)

no well obviously those guys aren't just look at me i'm so cool and fucked up but a lot of drug elements are in their stuff

i think most of the look at me i'm so cool and fucked up posts are posted when people are actually fucked up (all of mine anyway)

Regarding Darklight's initial post in the

thread and the general state of the

forums, here is my opinion:

I have no problem at all with the less

serious threads that appear.

I would only really worry if :

a) they started to occur in areas other

than Chill Space (in general they seem

be in Chill Space )

B) if threads appeared in such numbers that

they seemed to take over the board (there

might be a lot of *posts* in some of these

threads but in general ratio of serious:

less serious *threads* is reasonably high)

c) (biggest worry of all) is if less serious

posts infiltrate serious threads.

In general, if I am not in the mood for less

serious threads I want to be able to easily

skip 'em, otherwise I have no real concerns

and usually when I have the time to read 'em

I find something to make me laugh or of

interest. I do sometimes get bored by the

really base, repeatative or content free threads.

Occaisionally find parts slightly offensive,

depraved, whatever but I am sure this is

a reason *why* I read these threads.

Perhaps what we really need is a special

Message Icon which will indicate these

threads.

CS-

:

Happas- you had a rather traumatic Catholic

schooling, right?

We all must sleep.

[This message has been edited by somnif (edited 02 February 2002).]

[This message has been edited by somnif (edited 03 February 2002).]

Yah get over it.

So I get irritated by posts that seem to be attention-seeking, that say "look how cool I am, look how fucked up I got". So sometimes the number of such posts gets high enough that I let slip with a snide comment. Sorry.

Congratulations on growing half a testicle. All you need now is the other 1.5 and you've got the full set. It's good that you finally admit you *were* making snide comments directed at me but it has nothing at all to do with So I get irritated by posts that seem to be attention-seeking and you know it. You think you can hide your bluushit behind three little dots but instead of being the shields you think they are , they are infact 3 giant windows into your soul. I can read you like a book , a book with only 3 dots in it. These dots reveal more than you could possibly imagine.

This whole pathetic , gutless , chickenshit "backpeddling" and then "re-backpeddling" says a lot too. Here's a quote from an excellent poet who's works I have come to appreciate of late

I laugh because you can’t see

I’m more of a man than any of you will ever be

I laugh, because you don’t have my driving madness

Only a dire…. Haunted sadness

Come back to me when you've got enough fucking backbone to step out from your dots , and we'll tough it out like men.

Arkay presh you can't possibly be taking this seriously, even I think its hilarious.

CS stop baiting Arkay AT ONCE or I'll confiscate allyour depilatory products. Just cos I ticked you off for baiting the newer and/ or sillier ppl doesn't mean you have to go and pick out new prey from the older forum members.

Can't you take up some useful hobby like macrame, or decoupage, or decollatage?

yawn.

if it is a joke it's not very entertaining.

if it's not, it's a fantastic illustration of the emotional health hazards of testosterone.

since you seem to care, the use of the HST reference in this case wasn't specifically directed at you but I don't really give a shit enough to go into a 5 page essay analysing my motivations. Get over it. If you don't want to hear criticism and only want fan mail, don't keep company with adults.

if it's not, it's a fantastic illustration of the emotional health hazards of testosterone.

I resent the implication that I have "emotional health" problems because I, too, am male. Remember the adage: 'all generalisations are dangerous- including this one.'

waz.

Originally posted by Wazron:

I resent the implication that I have "emotional health" problems because I, too, am male.

I was under the impression that MOST men had emotional health problems. And it seems quite logical that testosterone plays a big part in this.

Note: rK wasn't talking about mental health, but emotional health!

In any case wazron, the last thing CS needs is encouragement to keep this silly thing going.

As much as I like you CS, you have been around long enough to become a little transparent yourself. Such as that you always leave with a bang. Considering that the newbies weren't biting (ie darklight told you off) and you are planning a departure of some sort in the next week or so, I guess you're running out of time for the fireworks wink.gif

I know it is nowhere near as spectacular, but maybe leaving on good terms this time is an option?? (no need to mail me - I'm not cross with you or anything. But I think you should take a deep breath, cos no matter how nasty those three dots may have been, this has become ridiculous and can only escalate.

CS, you're not the only one with balls. rk can hold his ground as good or better than you, however I think it has to be something of substance to actually get involved. You've made your point (or three).

Energy is precious.

Youse aren't going to try to convince me that women by contrast are a picture of mental stability on the grounds of lower testosterone?

Anyone who tries will be locked in a room with my last long term g/f :-)

Originally posted by Darklight:

Youse aren't going to try to convince me that women by contrast are a picture of mental stability on the grounds of lower testosterone?

No, I'm trying to say that emotional problems are caused by loneliness, isolation, abuse or any one of a thousand other issues that an individual may be exposed to during vulnerable periods of their lives. One's primary sexual hormone is not the determinant of one's emotional or psychological health. I would even go so far as to say that sex hormones are very low on the list of observable contributors.

I also -really- hate it when men apologise for being born Men. Rkundalini, apologise for yourself being born a spineless noodle but don't drag my gender into your twisted worldview. People suck, in general, and in NO WAY is that state of being unfairly distributed.

I thought that CS's attack on you was a little irrational and I said so. Then you go around waving demeaning sexist propaganda and being an apologist for something that isn't a crime. That riled me up. I'm sure I've seen you post similar "I hate being a guy, we all suck" crap before. Try saying "I hate being myself because I suck"- if it's true for you it doesn't mean it's true for everyone. You live in Amsterdam, right? If you hate being a guy so much you can get gender reassignment surgery easier than just about anyone else on earth.

wazron

I am comfortable with my personality and its gender orientation, thank-you. (The fact that most people who fuck the world up are men does not imply that most men are world-fucker-uppers.)

People who accuse people of not having a full pair of testicles as a means of criticism obviously have a problem with half the human species, and most likely also with themselves.

To put it another way, if having balls means I would behave like CS is behaving, then why would I want them? In what way should I be offended that a person acting like an idiot accuses me of not being like him?

(Of course I don't really think that literally being male equates to that kind of behaviour, that was CS's implication by asserting that not being self-promoting, aggressive and egocentric indicates a lack of balls. My comment above concerning testosterone was written to show the absurdity of that assumption by working from the premise that it was true.)

End of thread, I'm getting sick of coming back and giving a blow by blow analysis of what I have said to fix misinterpretations.

I am comfortable with my personality and its gender orientation, thank-you. (The fact that most people who fuck the world up are men does not imply that most men are world-fucker-uppers.)

That's NOT a fact. A fact is something provable. What you have there is somewhere between an assertion and an opinion, tending strongly towards the latter.

Where did you come by this fact? "Most of the people who fuck the world up are men". But you're not being sexist because a) you are a man too and therefore have a right to criticise other men and B) rad-fems have been getting it away with it for years.

Speaking as someone whose entire LIFE was fucked by the female-biased and rad-fem controlled family law courts, I doubly resent your trying to pass this flagrantly discriminatory anti-male propaganda. Ask Gomaos if he's fucked up the world because he's a man, or if his world has been fucked up by women and their control of the FLC- the only court in the world where being male is an admission of guilt.

To put it another way, if I said that recidivist petty crime is an example of the hazards of having black skin, or a tendency to rape was the logical consequence of being a second-generation Lebanese-Australian, I'd be pilloried, and rightly so. So don't you go around saying that having testosterone in one's body is an 'emotional health hazard'. Whether you have them or not, you do NOT have the right to imply that any emotional problems I have are caused by my maleness, any more than you have the right to say that they're caused by my skin colour, eye colour, place of birth, dick size, religion or anything else.

I absolutely abhor any suggestion that links people's capabilities or qualities with irrelevant and non-changeable physical aspects of their body. That is what you have done (and tried to defend). This has nothing to do with CS, this is all about you and your divisive, unnecessary, unpleasant white male bashing. I would be jumping on you just as hard for any other prejudicial post.

I am happy to let the matter drop there but remember- Next time you wave the anti-male banner, I'll be right there to rip it from your hands, you prejudiced SOB. Just cause your brand of intolerance is trendy doesn't make it right.

waz

Guest Nozzle Boy

So how aboot those Mets, eh ?

Tried but true …

gee, i hate males

oh

unless they are gay or black of course

[This message has been edited by Happas (edited 07 February 2002).]

WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SHIT IS FLYING HERE

ok heres the scoop i only got time to make one posts here and this is the one. i wish i had time to read all the posts that have been happening in the last week but i only got time for 1 b4 i head to work.

Ok I want to MAKE IT EVER SO CLEAR that i am not refering to PHYSICAL TESTICLES HERE. im talking about courage and cowardice. RK YOU ARE A COWARD because you aren't BRAVE enough to tell me to my FACE that you have a problem with me. You throw around bitchy shit like "Maybe we should call it the HST fanclub forum" and shit like that. it wouldn't suprise me if you were the so called "valuable contributor" emailing Torsten to bitch about me being on the board and saying your gonna go if i dont shut-up WELL I AINT GOIN ANYWHERE NO TESTES BOY!!!

so much to say but so nooo time!!!

DARKLIGHT IM COMPLETELY SERIOUS HERE IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME YOU SHOULD READ THE POLICE STATEMENT BELOW WHICH WAS SUBMITTED TO THE POLICE BY EUGENE ROTTENCROTCH , THE MANAGER OF THE CINDER BLOCK AND EXTENSION CORD DEPARTMENT AT THE HARDWARE STORE.

----------------------

Dear Police,

On the 15th of January 2002 I got up early to go to work (i supervise the cinder-block and extension cord department at the hardware store). At approximately 9:30am a man who identified himself as "Chemical Shaman" entered the store and told me that he was constructing some sort of "gateway" into what he called the "other dimension". I asked him if he would be needing any cinder blocks or extension cords for the job ...

He gave me this strange look and walked away cursing. About an hour later he came back and knocked me unconscious with a heavy blunt object while I was on my lunch break. When I woke up my manager told me that 2 cinder blocks , 16 extension cords and 1 heavy blunt object had been stolen. Strangely the money in the cash register was still there. I haven't seen Chemical Shaman since that day (except for when he came back the next day for the money in the cash register).

sincerely

Eugene Rottencrotch (manager of the cinder block and extension cord department)

---------------------

The moral of the story here is IF YOU FUCK WITH ME I WILL BEAT YOU AND STEAL YOUR CASH , CINDER BLOCKS AND EXTENSION CORDS.

I don't think people with testes are any better or worse than people without IT'S A FIGURE OF SPEECH FOR CHRISTS SAKE. ie. If I use the word spineless i am not refering to people without spines BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS SPINES!!!

WAZRON!! men ARE pigs!!! I know becaus i am one!!! and i am a PIG!!! but the biggest pigs are those feminist womyn bitches!! they are the sexist bunch of hairy vaginas around , there all walking around correcting people that spell womyn "woman" BIG FRIGGIN DEAL IF WE USE THE WORD MAN IN WOMAN i hate feminists up the wazoooo , they all need to get laid (by somebody with lower standards then me and lordy my standards are low). Men suck , especially me , not all men , just most! BUT A HELLA LOTTA WOMEN SUCK TOO!!

since you seem to care, the use of the HST reference in this case wasn't specifically directed at you

bullshit , theres no possible back peddling on , "we should give cs his own forum"-"yeah we could call it the Hunter S Thomson fan club..." There's no possible way you could deny that was about me you dumb ass gutless , no balled , spineless twit ( i know physically you have guts balls and a spine).

. Get over it. If you don't want to hear criticism and only want fan mail, don't keep company with adults

Im MORE than fine with criticism, THAT WAS NOT CRITICISM. You dont have the balls to criticise , you whisper about people behind there backs and you hide behind dots. All I can do is feel sorry for you having to live your life this way. I shudder to think what a horrible existence it would be. Im just gonna take a stab in the dark here but I bet you grew up in Toorak didn't you? I bet you were the baddest mutha on the block with your big bad dreds. I bet all the bitches on the Toorak block would just swoon at the bad ass. The dots are telling me Toorak or Brunswick , which is it?

Tort!

As much as I like you CS, you have been around long enough to become a little transparent yourself. Such as that you always leave with a bang. Considering that the newbies weren't biting (ie darklight told you off)

Yeah I leave with a bang! it's the bang that gets me booted! smile.gif The newbies weren't biting thing confuses me , it's probably my beyond shithouse memory. Darklight told me off for baiting newbies??

CS, you're not the only one with balls. rk can hold his ground as good or better than you, however I think it has to be something of substance to actually get involved.

I dont expect anyone who didn't have the comments directed at them realise how offensive the OVERALL jist was. I doubt RK can hold his ground , he can't even air criticism openely or honestly. Im not even saying i can hold my ground, but at least i have the balls to say what I think and not hide behind dots. I know you're sick of hearing about the dots , im sure your sick of seeing the word, but like I said they weren't directed at you they were directed at me. Im starting to think maybe i have made to big a deal , but then I think about how the original comment made me feel AND IT ALL COMES BACK. Condescending fucks are the shit of the earth.

Wazron wrote:

Rkundalini, apologise for yourself being born a spineless noodle but don't drag my gender into your twisted worldview

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

MUCH APPLAUSE.

RK

People who accuse people of not having a full pair of testicles as a means of criticism obviously have a problem with half the human species, and most likely also with themselves.

FIGURE OF SPEECH FUCKO , I BET THEY DIDN'T TALK LIKE THAT IN TOORAK. WELL I GREW UP IN THE PINES , YOU EVER HEARD OF THE PINES??? I DOUBT IT , YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T EVEN DRIVE PAST IT.

Happas wrote:

gee, i hate males

oh

unless they are gay or black of course

mmmmmm flavour!! I bet the guy you were makin out with the other night was a choclolate homo!! I love ya happas!!

THATS ABOUT ALL THE TIME WE HAVE TONIGHT FOLKS YOU CAN CATCH THE CHEMICAL SHAMAN IN THE NEXT 5 MINUTES HE CAN SPARE TO SIT DOWN AND TURN ON HIS PUTER. I BOUGHT A BICYCLE TODAY AND I WANTED YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT , IT'S RED.

PEACE AND LOVE TO MOST

CS

[This message has been edited by Chemical Shaman (edited 08 February 2002).]

WD I love you, you know that smile.gif

Shut up CS, you're getting boring on this and its devolved from humour to abuse. As I've said before, Boring The Moderator isn't a culling offense ( don't tempt me ) but abuse is.

Actually it might be amusing to cull you so you can stew in silence and then get progressively worked up on the road north, though your fellow passengers might regard this with some little trepidation. Guys, keep him away from the red lollies at truckstops willya?

Keep it acerbic CS, I expect better quality humour from you. Abuse WILL get you booted.

your a fucking strange cunt chemical shaman...might have to compose an eulogy for you.

God bless ya...

"he had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say...we'll miss him."

Originally posted by Chemical Shaman:

it wouldn't suprise me if you were the so called "valuable contributor" emailing Torsten to bitch about me being on the board and saying your gonna go if i dont shut-up

firstly, the moderator has full control over this forum and it wouldn't help him at lal to schmooze me in this regard.

secondly, the 'valuable contributor' comment in another thread was about that stupid scenario where people started insulting 'planthelper' for no reason whatsoever, which caused him to leave.

WELL I AINT GOIN ANYWHERE NO TESTES BOY!!!

so much to say but so nooo time!!!

obviously just a few mintutes too much time wink.gif