The Corroboree

quadtloph2.jpgquadtloph1.jpg

4 Headed Turbinicarpus lophophoroides

tloph.jpgtloph1.jpg

tloph2.jpg

T. lophophoroides with fruit forming next to flower from about 4 months ago. I think its the one I jammed in a L. texana first, so does anyone know if T.lophophoroides is self-fertile or not? most evidence suggests yes i think :(

dichrotloph1.jpgdichrotloph2.jpg
Dichro T. lophophoroides

tswobodae.jpgtswobodae1.jpgtswobodae2.jpg

Turbinicarpus swobodae

tex.jpgtex1.jpg

Mohawk L. texana (Caespitose texana?)

texana1.jpgtexana2.jpg

Another texana

fricii.jpg

fricii 1

lfri.jpglfri1.jpg

Mutant fricii (Caespostose fricii?)

lfricii.jpglfricii1.jpg

lfricii3.jpglfricii5.jpg

fricii...anyone else think there could be some variegation going on here?

chb.jpg

Copiapoa hypogea spp. barquitensis bit over a year and a half old and getting quite large and full of pups (will trade pups for other small cacti offsets)

• Like 7

Accidentally posed in wrong forum. Mods move to cacti and succulents please. Unless the offer of trading my copiapoa offsets is enough to keep it here?

very nice 2deep good job that copiapoa's lookin a little crazy

hard to say wether thats variegation on that loph or not definately got my fingers crossed for ya

as far as i can tell T. lophophoriodes is self fertile

mine have always set seed without any helping hand

Accidentally posed in wrong forum. Mods move to cacti and succulents please. Unless the offer of trading my copiapoa offsets is enough to keep it here?

pm one of the super mod's (eg) to have it moved. :)

nice specimens, good quality pictures, nice one.

The two that are pupping heavily is just due to the Pereskiopsis pushing the Loph hard, making it grow too fast, some simply grow fast others pup like an insane beast.

The possible variegated one has potential, Lophs have a tendency to go all sorts of colours when young and grafted. However I think this one may retain the yellow colour, the pattern looks like a typical variegation and the pups are growing from a variegated section of the plant and are also displaying the trait. I think you have an above average chance of a variegate, if the growth pattern remains the same or increases over the next few months you have a variegate :)

• Like 1

Ahhh super nice plnts man,..... just recently planted some T. Psuedomacrochele seeds...... will graft a few to peres too. I really like your results.

Edited by woof woof woof