The Corroboree
trichpach

King of subs?

Hi Sab'ers,

Went for a wander today, found some real sizable subs, and then this one showed up... which just... wow. Words can't do it justice, hopefully the photo does.

Kp9hh6W.jpg?1

Cosmic Victorian forests.

x

• Like 3

is that a full size bic or a mini? :P

• Like 1

Nice one!!

That's a small bic from what I can tell by the logo placement... And yep as WB said, those big ones can floor even experienced people.

I've noticed there are big ones which dry to nothing then big ones that dry to chunky nuggets of gold, I dare say that's got alot to do with the experience also.

In a side note I've found stems up to 20cm long before, namely growing thru large pasture grasses

is that a full size bic or a mini? :P

I was going to ask the same question!

Ah yeah sorry chaps - that is the smaller of the bic lighters i believe. I don't smoke, so i'm not overly privvy to the sizes ... this is what i use to light the stove!

But yeah, i've found some real monsters in the forests but this one was a big big stand-out find for me. That stem is about 1cm in diameter!

And yes - i have felt the wrath first hand of the big bastards. IMO it's certainly advisable to weigh them first to find out what kind of deep pool you're diving in to. :wink:

If someone were to pick and process such a big mushroom one may want to be careful about making sure the inside of the stem and or where the stem meets the cap is dried too.

That is if one were to think about long term storage.

Thank the Lord no-one on this forum would do that though.

• Like 1

Man am I over subs :( n'er again. Ever. Ever.

• Like 1

I say that after every shroom moment. I think I've finally had my fill for this lifetime. TO many subs around here.

Man am I over subs :( n'er again. Ever. Ever.

you told me this exact thing only a month ago too

• Like 3

I want to know if he hurt his hand while he was making the head cage. If so maybe he should put a cage around his shed so he cant hurt himself any more. :lol:

Just another thought : In a few months it should have a nice green patina all over it. :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 1

Thats just average WA size. Ive found ones with caps bigger then the palm of my hand