The Corroboree
Stillman

Caudiciform plant thread

I also ordered a couple seeds from Herbalistics to see how they germinate. soaked in a little GA3 and just covered the seed, in a 25deg controlled cabinet. Germination is apparently variable and seeds lose there vigour quickly but worth a go.

Very cool seed, has a little sail for better dispersion.

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/stillmanz/media/DSCF2026_zpseb103e20.jpg.html'>DSCF2026_zpseb103e20.jpg

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/stillmanz/media/DSCF2023-1_zpsdd4dfe5b.jpg.html'>DSCF2023-1_zpsdd4dfe5b.jpg

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/stillmanz/media/DSCF2022_zpsd32f5155.jpg.html'>DSCF2022_zpsd32f5155.jpg

ya keen on the whole caudiciforms or just the dioscoreas??? fuck dude ya council will hate ya jungle when they take off hehehe

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea for a thread!

I dont have a heap of caudi's, but they are good value and have already far surpassed my expectations for cold-hardiness :)

Recently got my 1st wee dioscorea, (elephantidens) but its leaves are turning yellow after a stupidly drawn out journey in the post :(

Not 100% on the names but here are a few of mine

Fiscus maybe?

post-8023-0-69297400-1371716984_thumb.jp

Hmmm....nt sure

post-8023-0-18344700-1371717008_thumb.jp

Grandma gave me this lil one, clymacean

post-8023-0-14449000-1371717040_thumb.jp

Euphorbia cylindrafolia..not looking extremely happy but hangin in there

post-8023-0-38351100-1371717069_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 2

hahah bullit I have a heap of Adeniums as well which are kinda almost there but I feel compelled to get some weird rare S African shit as soon as possible. I do like the Dioscorea have a few edibles too.

yeah cool i had a couple of adeniums but lost them from rot??? too much water?? they were growing outside! hey stillz i think ya should change ya name to TUBERMAN :scratchhead: LOL

Edited by bullit
  • Like 2

Lol, Tuberman does have a certain ring to it! :P

• Like 1

I have a couple of Welwitschia mirabilis that survived last winter and still going well so far this winter.

• Like 2

I'm certainly interested in a caudiciform thread! There are some really cool one out there. Personally I have only got two adeniums, and two ceropegias (these count right?). I one is definitely a c. woodii, the second I am unsure of. It has very similar flowers to the woodii, but the leaves are more narrow and pointy. I try and get some pics tonight to post.

Ceropegias are cool as. A couple of those seeds have germinated already, 2 D elephantipes now just have to see if I can keep them alive.

DSCF2011_zps31fa4f9b.jpg

D rupicola

DSCF2013_zpsedb4c3d1.jpg

D elephantipes

DSCF2014_zps979aae97.jpg

D hemicrypta

DSCF2015_zpsa35cd43f.jpg

D sylvatica

My babies are starting to grow, the D syvatica already have very small tubers the size of a pea I guess.