The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

Get ready to send me that apple moonshine HB my punk is ballooning into a monsta :)

• Like 3

Well, I'm out. Nothing set and my vines all died. Damn un-kin.

• Like 1

Well I thought what the hell....and really threw some fertiiser at them... well actually what I thought would be

a near lethal cocktail.....just wow...it was really hungry....I was sure there was going to be signs of distress

I think I need some more cacium nitrate......I am sure now that calcium was the limiting factor

Within 24 hours all the secondary vines on the big one one punched out 2 1/2 foot , thumped out tertiary vines ...lol...

and the pumpkin widened out and sort of pushed out to the ground.

I think I'll see when it slows a little if it can take another flogging, probably be a bout the time I finish pinching of the tertiarys.

almost ready to set another pumpkin on the May Ekka weigh off. Its a big plant this time. My photobucket account seems to have shit its self so once I work that out I will put some pics up.

• Like 3

Here it is starting to set some good female flowers first one had seed in the blossom but hopefully the next will be OK .

DSCF2805_zps8374c9ae.jpg

• Like 4

Looking good for May....secret genetics ?...lol

.....and has the daughter claimed it :lol:

• Like 1

Comes out of a 318kg line from a grower in Victorian, has some big pedigree but will see how it goes here, already seeing signs of powdery mildew so that's a concern, I am watering this one a bit harder so I think I will see some solid growth.

• Like 1

Buying some bathroom scales today to weigh mine, guessing 20-30 kg

My niece bought me over a news paper clipping of what a real giant pumpkin looks like...I was so awesome in her eyes till she seen that :P

• Like 2

pffft only19.6kg. I swear if felt so much heavier. That's only a 500ml bottle of seasol too lol. Im hoping for at least 5 times bigger with the next one.

post-11606-0-97229700-1392542159_thumb.j

post-11606-0-97229700-1392542159_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-97229700-1392542159_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I love this thread. So much pumpkin epicness.

have you taped it yet?? got to be 200kg plus I reckon

I am aiming to tape it up come the weekend Stilman. I really have no idea of what it might potentially weigh yet.

I've got a new PB and stoked with that. Also like the varied responses from those that view it.....everyone HAS TO touch it....lol

I am starting to get the threat of frost....fark...it may be terminated before its time....theres no way I am prepared to attempt to protect it :huh: ....I need rain more than frost....grrrrrrrrr

Gunna photograph the mini-me with it so he can can talk about the beast at school (just started...).....

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

press play it's fitting.

It had to go.... should have ended it earlier....

DSCF9565_zpsa2362470.jpg

and I mean go.....

DSCF9567_zps6463f0b0.jpg

I am getting an OTT tape measurement of 235lbs Stillman ...seems about right (surely +% heavy + ghetto measured)...still putting it on :wink: even made the spreadsheet....

rofl.....http://www.bigpumpkins.com/viewarticle.asp?id=37&gid=4

lol....I am thinking I can get a quick polytunnel up to protect it a bit longer....

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 6

Nice one, I'm back, this is my Ekka grow, I'm keeping 2 pumpkins on hedging my bet, I'll probably regret it but I want to make sure I have something on in the end.

DSCF2866_zpse806ed94.jpg

DSCF2868_zps2e894cbc.jpg

8 days old, I have a good feeling about this one.

• Like 2

Hooray showing signs of a bit of colour....and its had another significant burst of growth...lol

Have convinced Mrs WB to help me tape it up tonight with a dressmakers tape and xtra hands....rather than me munted with a metal tape measure. Will have a more accurate weight guess later.

EDIT - est. 312lbs of pumpkin

DSCF9589_zps6a114b75.jpg

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 5

Ima gunna break 400lbs by the looks of it :lol: and its gunna be orange.

DSCF9595_zps704dc626.jpg

• Like 7

Ken' nice work lads!!!

Hectic how big the vine actually gets!

Looking good WB this ones growing here, 20 day I reckon it will go big as the Vine if frigging mammoth, the key is the size of the vine behind the pumpkin not in front I have read to let the secondaries behind the pumpkin go wild. and bury and water.

Some pics

DSCF2979_zps6b50c808.jpg

DSCF2981_zps02e05c10.jpg

DSCF2980_zps949f051a.jpg

• Like 3

as you can see a bit of powdery mildew is going to stitch me up a bit but I hope the vine will mostly hold up.