The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Giant pumpkin contest!!

That's going to grow big pumpkins its starting to get the monster look. You got the space so let it go wild. I gave my boss those squash seeds you gave me, he has a 200kg plus monster on, I reckon it will go 350 plus ...If he doesn't split it from overwatering (pumping water straight from a creek 200 litres a day) I'll get some seeds back and send you some WB.

• Like 1

yeah they are getting the look, and starting to be a serious job keeping the vines pinned down.

Got access to a lot of water to pour on as it gets cranking.

Sweet as Stillman, didn't think I could dedicate time to squash as well as pumpkins, and everything else...lol. Stoked that someone else is getting some joy out of them. They would make a striking pair side by side I reckon :wink:

I started holidays today....so I am going to dedicate some quality munted time tending to the pumpkins now.

EDIT - still have some other pumpkin genetics to send your way Stillman, just hadn't got to them....I am sure you will have a slight addiction now...lol

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 3

Already got a new patch ready to go for a second run this summer... lol

• Like 1

lol...damnit...can only get one run at it when at the arse end of oz

good effort :wink:

cut this one off about 2 weeks ago, im guessing both are round 20 kg...now to find some bathroom scales

post-11606-0-42683000-1387492644_thumb.j

post-11606-0-55169600-1387492659_thumb.j

post-11606-0-73711800-1387492693_thumb.j

post-11606-0-42683000-1387492644_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-55169600-1387492659_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-73711800-1387492693_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-42683000-1387492644_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-55169600-1387492659_thumb.jpg

post-11606-0-73711800-1387492693_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

A 20kg pumpkin is nothing to sneeze at. That's how much a bag of cement mix weighs

• Like 2

Awesome job, Stillman! Your daughter looks suitably delighted in her handiwork. The Pumpkin Princess!

• Like 1

Wow nice work Stillman! ..and Nothink too!

Hehe Rambo does look like a zombie sheep WB, I am actually quite surprised he is still kicking around. I thought chu would be serving him up for Christmas roast at the very latest. There must be a heart of gold in that WB creature.

It won't stop raining! I haven't watered my pumpkin in ages, I haven't needed to, but it's a bit irritating, cause I can't add liquid fert to the skywater.

Little bit of rot creeping in and taking the oldest leaves one at a time. The rest of it looks healthy though.

^lol... not all potential food gets eaten :lol: . After his start in life he deserves to be a stud.

He can produce me more tasty ones...

• Like 1

Planning ahead for multiple roasts.. I like that.

• Like 1

On a pallet ready to go on display

estimated at 270kg but I reckon it will go light as the vine died off early say around 230 to 250kg.

DSCF2287_zps02a8d377.jpg

DSCF2288_zps4589bb5d.jpg

DSCF2293_zps28c4d170.jpg

Edited by Stillman
  • Like 14

That is one impressive pumpkin Stillman, congrats.

• Like 1

No rot either is in perfect nick, had the vine gone a bit harder this could have been a really big pumpkin. Will have heaps of seed for everyone next year.

• Like 2

wheres your piccies you bastards....lol....I'll snap another tomorrow

I think I've got one to set on one vine - coupla days I'll know, started it as the mini-me trudged through the main leader and need some action happening I reckon.

Other vine I am punching out for length before setting it to task, I think luckily this is the one with the best potential.

• Like 1

i just got back from adventures and i still have one on the vine, ill take pics tomorrow

• Like 1

I've still got nothing, other than a female which has just shown herself on the end of the vine... Unreal. Hoping to Jeebus that this one sets.

Nice pumpkin by the way skillman. My hat has been doffed to you :-)

• Like 1

vines as of today....

DSCF9330_zps974118ab.jpg

1st pumpkin set on the end of the vine to your left, last one along the main vine ...where it has terminated due to a mini-me attack. This one is making a nice round fruit, different from the other vine....

DSCF9331_zps761929ff.jpg

The other one I haven't set yet, but they start off long and large

DSCF9332_zps94fb248f.jpg

• Like 5

shit gets serious when the ruler comes out...lol

The start of the foundation is down , decided to terminate the munted vine right to the fruit.

This is the boys pumpkin.... I have 3 weeks by my guess to set one on the second vine, got a beautiful one on it but its right over the outlet pipe from the septic ...and lol if it gets some size I don't want it moving or cracking the pipe.

DSCF9340_zps0ac6ad3c.jpg

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 3

DSCF9364_zpsd156bec5.jpg

could really do with some heat....maybe 30's end of the week...be nice to get this thing pumping

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 1

Nice one stillers, say, can you eat that pumpkin? I don't see why not but my mum reckons you can't :P

I'm turning the pumpkin into soup and scones at work for OZHarvest Brisbane. Its on display at my work at the moment, we are running a comp to guess how many seeds to raise money for our local PCYC community gardens. So going to good use which makes me happy about putting so much effort into the big useless orange thing lol.

• Like 9