The Corroboree

Big shout out to everyone here!

Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum rocks big time!

Quick question. I've been wondering for a long time if the TBM Clone B (Long phallic form) exists in Australia?

I don't mean Clone A (Short clumping form) which has become elongated due to etiolation, but rather the form that will continue growing in inermis state without terminating.

Thanks, big love and gratitude to you all!

• Like 2

If it is, can someone please hook me up also

there may be some is SA but that is unconfirmed.

• Like 1

I think there might be a diff clone or bud sport mutation of short clumper. I have seen occasional that looks distinct longer and not from etoliation. But they never quite look like the pics I have seen of other long penis form from outside of australia

^^^ yeah I have a few of the Long short but they aren't like the ones zelly has.

I know its not the same but if you put them in the shade just as they pup they can grow to over 15cm long.

• Like 3

Does anyone know the origins of the TMB clone we have here? Was it imported or naturally forming?

It would be great if one of us could organize to import the Clone A and cultivate it here.

I'm looking for a clone that I can graft without areoles which will continue growing for over a foot without terminating.

I'm yet to try with the typical Clone B because they appear to terminate so suddenly after their last sets of areoles.

I've seen one Clone B sport grow to quite a length and then terminate but it seems to have been a rare exception as non of the other offsets exhibited this trait.

I believe Clone A is in fact the long phalic form whilst Clone B is the clumper - for sure this is the case here in the USA anyhow.

I got a small cutting of Clone A into Oz a few years ago actually - can't remember who I sent it to though - someone on this board I know that..

• Like 2

Thank you nitrogen. I've based the naming conventions on the Cactus-Art website as reference. I hope someone comes forward one day, this is a clone I would very much like to add the my collection. Freaky Bridgesii's interest me greatly :lol:

You know, I have a friend who may in fact have one.

He says he has one of each clone, the cutting I got from him is the short version.

I'll see him on Sunday afternoon hopefully, if I do I'll take a pic or 2 for you. Never thought of grafting with one, that seems like an ingenious idea.

TC

Never thought of grafting with one, that seems like an ingenious idea.

It does? :huh:

Edit: Grafting one to something.

If it turns out that I can get a pup from the clone A (or B, you know the one I'm on about) maybe I could graft it and BAP it (although I've only read about it, never used it) and sent out a bunch to people to spread it on?

• Like 2

^^^ definitely do that

I know a friend of mine was growing the long tbm form and is the first one I've seen, she moved to Germany so ill have to get in touch and see if its still around, maybe i can pick it up if it is :)

• Like 1

If it really in the "long form" count me in!! Not that i dont love my current TBM, it could really only ever be a footballers penis :( ...

• Like 3

Hmm got in touch with my friend yesterday, she said she passed it on to a chick Im innisfail fnq who has fallen in love with it and i won't be able to pick it up :( i don't understand why no one has one, can they not be imported or something? Im going to look into getting one!

• Like 1

i have been looking with no sucess :( if you do happen to find any oyster let me now an ill catch up with ya an throw you some coin buddy!

• Like 1

No luck from me. It was just a long segment from a clone A, same as mine.

I'm pretty sure that there is a guy in Sydney with a frickin huge one though.

bridgesii crest keep throwing arms of these TBM A clones, so if anyone got a crest they can easily "propagate" TBM A that way or by just grafting one of the crests areols.

• Like 3

Thats not really the same thing :P

Well Not necessarily Eatfoo

But you have to remember crests can revert very easily and often do throw normal shoots out

And since they are TBM crests not just plain bridge crests

who's to say wether The TBM crest I have for example originated from a clone A or a clone B

Or even a cross of both

I certainly don't know but before I got mine I was told by the previous owner whom most of you know that it had pupped

The pup was removed and said to have grown into wat looks like a clone A (long phallic form)

So it is entirely possible that clone A is here in a crested form wich may put out some normal shoots in the future ;)

• Like 3

Well im assuming that any crest we are talking about isnt a Clone A or B.

While im sure you can get the same quality from an unrelated crest it wouldn't really be a Clone A or B (hence CLONE)

haha true

but if someone was to say pollinate a clone A with another clone A

and then that seed had produced a crest or crests

wouldn't it still technically be a clone A

surely every TBM in the world didnt come from just 2 plants

Edited by myco
  • Like 1

Well im assuming that any crest we are talking about isnt a Clone A or B.

While im sure you can get the same quality from an unrelated crest it wouldn't really be a Clone A or B (hence CLONE)

Well your post suggests that ou know that clones A and B are totally different from any TBM crest (that sometimes revert to long segmented TBM A or short cluttered TBM B.

If you know their origins please do share cuz I've been reading a lot about the topic and from what I've read, it still seems unknown.

Here's a TBM crest I got from a friend and it throws monstrouse arms the resemble TBM A

post-6382-0-83369600-1386076484_thumb.jp

post-6382-0-83369600-1386076484_thumb.jpg

post-6382-0-83369600-1386076484_thumb.jpg