The Corroboree
bogfrog

Bogfrog's art (VERY IMAGE HEAVY)

Fissuratus is my fav :) then refuses followed by kotchsbeyanus :)

Does any one of these in particular call out to you "pick me!" ?

Those retusus look very royal to me.

Fissuratus:

post-8023-0-12979800-1370082231_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-12529700-1370082246_thumb.jp

Retusus:

post-8023-0-95959600-1370082284_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-53424300-1370082299_thumb.jp

Kotschoubeyanus:

post-8023-0-79409500-1370082322_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-55951300-1370082337_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Toss up between the first fissuratus and the second retusus but If I must choose fissuratus wins every time :)

Fine choice sir :)

Thankyou Madame ;)

Fair enough Ronny, from what i have seen of your *incredible* photographs, you wouldn't need to draw when you can so perfectly capture the living art all around you :)

:worship:

• Like 1

wow bogfrog wow

beautiful pieces...

are you taking requests?

Hmm, kindaaa. I love to give when i feel like it, but expectation bugs me. My problem is i can't give away a piece if work that i'm not 100% happy with so i put ALOT of energy into getting it right.

Honestly, all my best work is with other people, these drawing are just the crumbs from the table :P

So i will tentatively say yes but reserve the right to put it off for a while as my life is very hectic.

I'll take a request from you Jwerta because i firmly believe you're a cool cat and i respect you, but i'll leave it at as i have some other work in the pipeline for other members.

I just have a tendency to over-commit myself and then feel under-appreciated while i'm struggling to complete everything i committed to.

Plus i really put my heart and soul into art i do for other people so some sort of creative exchange in return is always nice.

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 5

Hey it's okay if you are busy or have to many other things at the moment it's alright I can wait...

give its a heads up when you are ready :) thanks bf

• Like 1

Will do. In the mean time u can brainstorm :)

awesum drawings bogz!! can u draw me a sexy gothic witch with sum datura flowers in her hair??? :devil:

• Like 1

awesome drawing...

see you got some artistic thing going.

and yep mr Caappi, this last one looks a lot like something else.

Will be back

I love it when she calls me sir :P

You can encrypt that into the artwork :) my ego will just love it!! :P

I'm gonna draw you something as well bf, and I've never drawn anything before in my life !! But I'm gonna have a good crack just for you, as you are such a dear creature of the forums.

Now I pose the question... What can I Draw for YOU? Warning... It will be as amature and woeful as can possibly be, but hey ill frame it! That way u can chuck my drawing away and frame one of your rad ones.. Respect to bf- the forum sweetthang :)

Edited by incognito
  • Like 3

holy wow..i need to spend more time in the creativity forum

• Like 1

moar!

love that happy space dragon too! & all of them really, you're a very talented cheeky parrot hehe, can't wait to see what others you have when you feel ready to post em!

• Like 1

Hehe cheers, i have few recent additions up my sleeve, i will update sometime soon :)

Glad u like space dragon, he's a bit of a cutie.

Awesome!! Love the spider!!

we want moar

• Like 1

Amazing talent there Ceres.

I never had much drawin talent but I do love sculpture. It's always very abstract tho.

• Like 1

Few bits n bobs, some finished, some not, hope ya'll like :)

post-8023-0-53583600-1380188520_thumb.jp

(Nemisty's brugs - they'll be in the post next week bruv - i cant fit a jag on this page so will leave it at that for now)

post-8023-0-11819200-1380188614_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-18154400-1380188654_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-68027900-1380188691_thumb.jp cactus-man!! -one of my daydreams, hopefully i can make it a reality one day-

post-8023-0-32606400-1380188755_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-86458800-1380188817_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 9

I start on working, on a cactus man project right away tomorrow, if I have your blessing.

what a brilliant idea.

I am such a boring old fart, that I noticed, i started saying the same things again and again, I hope I haven't said this to you.

you art is really good, and although the topic of those pictures is quite removed from, the human image (maybe the cactus man is a small exeption), one can detect, your (the artist) spirit, soul and being in those paintings.

I can't draw well, but I spent a lot of time in schools which featured many different drawing lessons, including technical drawings.

my coolest art teacher, for example knew, that I only liked to draw plants, and nothing else.

and guess what, he was such an alternative guy (although he was quite old), and he said, just draw plants than...

anyway, with all what I have learned of my masters and mentors, I think you could even improofe your art by,

drawing much faster at times, using strange new media (like chopstick painting), research what fracture means (improofe you fracture), and don't try to think when painting.

this is all meant well, and I hope you are not taken back, by those remarks.

you are talented, and could produce work that sells, I think you did those nice carvings as well, didn't you?

I picked up some old ebony from vinnis, I will send it to you, with some cow bone, in case you want it...

• Like 1

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts, it is truly appreciated, as with any skill, you can only get better with effort and practice so i'm appreciative of the direction.

I can only see my work how i see it, so hearing how you or anyone else sees it and specifically what could be done better is great.

You have my blessing for cactus man, it'll be a long term project hehe but be sure to show me some pics if it all comes together one day, it would be a dream come true -literally :)

Your totally correct in saying my art is quite removed from humans - that is because i am that way too and always have been, as a child i spent all my time alone in nature (other than the few miserable days in school when i turned up)

The places in the world which are relatively uninfluenced by humans are the places where i feel most at peace. Bit of a loner like that, but hey i've always got along really well with animals! :)

And yep for sure i need to splash out and let go a bit more, im waaaay too tense and spasticly perfectionist with my drawing. I havent done much painting but will dabble again once uni wraps up for the year.

I didnt do the carvings, they are my lovely friend Dave Mann's work, but i did the scrimshaws, theres another thread floating around somewher...i havent been getting into that lately either, cant wait for summer! So many ideas to manifest!

I'm all good for ebony and bone mate, me being in nz it would only get u and i both in big big trouble tryna send that across the ocean!

Thanks for the tip about fracture, (AKA broken colour? impressionist tek?) i think i found an article on what you were talking about, it had this beautiful beautiful quote which i fell in love with completely:

They tasted the world through their eyes.

• Like 2

Sneaky peak at my latest project.

This is just a preliminary sketch, i am planning on taking this one all the way to the canvas.

Right, so i was at the dump shop the other day and i came across one of those ornamental plates, this one depicting the virgin mary.

The moment i saw it, i envisioned her shrouded in the full trappings of psychedelic regalia.

A moment later i recognised that this was the time for me to depict Ska María Pastora.

I thought of painting my vision directly onto the plate, but it is a beautiful piece of work in itself, so i decided against it. Also there are aspects I immediately wanted to tweak. Ie: the christian Mary is fair skinned and blonde, and Ska María Pastora (to my ideas atleast), seems more likely to be a brunette mexican woman. Also on the plate, she is holding a cross, but to me, a salvia leaf is more meaningful.

Here she is, the first step in the process:

post-8023-0-43863700-1381191595_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Huzzah! I can't wait for cactus man.

I am so bad at art i didn't realise what most of them were, for example when someone said they liked the phoenix i was like "where?" then i realised it was my favourite one!

Ceres have you seen the music video for "hinotori" by System 7? It's a bit similar and very good. Me and my friend were greeted by it when on thacid; we turned on the tv and there it was! (My favourite medium is the music video; i like the way sound and sight go together.)

(can't find a good video)

I also can't help but agree with bullit's request for the daturess ~!

one day i will learn to draw...

Edited by Frank leDank
  • Like 1