The Corroboree
Bert&Ernie

jwerta's heart break thread!

?

Sorry to make u wonder Jwerta. Break-up-drama.

Edited by Ceres

Damn sorry to hear that Bogfrog.

Hope things settle down today.

Here's sending some good vibes your way.

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

Thanks Whitewind. He is very reasonable about it now, and the feeling is mutural. we are just driving each other insane and its not healthy.

Its just when alcohol gets mixed in with rage and raw emotion that things get really hairy :(

• Like 2

There's no love in fear.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that bog I hope you are feeling okay.

Yep i'm all good, cheers.

• Like 3

Dang,... heavy stuff,...... i've had my disagreements in previous relationships, but never that intense. Funny how I see that some of my previous relationships simply didn't work because of a lack of understanding or level of maturity.

Stay positive Bogfroggy! Hope you can keep that mutual level of understanding and respect for each other and work around it to pick your life up again. Hahaha,... or maybe it was a sweet release hahaha and you are happy to be frrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee freeeeeeee

freeeeeeeeeeeeee hhahha

• Like 1

Aye Bogfrog don't I know it. I'd live to give advice but a lot of my relationships ended poorly so :( just too emotional I'd say. When you love deep the pain runs deep too especially if your lives intertwine so much. Take as much space as you need and remember to respect each other. I'm feeling for you (hugs)

• Like 1

well i have a date on Wednesday night with the prettiest girl ever I cannot wait!

any advice so i dont stuff it up?

• Like 4

Have a wank before the date so ur relaxed and not focused on boning her.

• Like 6

sending you super loving vibes jwerta and a dash of big reds super mojo ( use it wisely )

May romance fill the air edit; your a great person jwerta just be yourself be open be honest

glad to hear your ok bogfrog sending you universal vibes ( use in what ever you see fit )

Edited by Bigred
  • Like 1

well i have a date on Wednesday night with the prettiest girl ever I cannot wait!

Don't go into it thinking that you will stuff it up!

This ted talk on body language seems relevant, definately worth a watch, but dont over-do the power-posing on the actual date, beforehand would be just fine :P

http://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are.html

If she really is the prettiest girl ever, she probably gets ALOT of admiration from guys, she's probably quite used to it and expects a certain degree of flaterry. Do compliment her, be nice and friendly, but most importantly try to actually get to know her as a person.

Find out what her interests are, what gets her excited, what she does in her spare time and also share your own interests. Don't talk them down, or talk them up to much, just be open and express who you really are, while showing her that you're very keen to find out who she really is.

Best of luck!! You'll take her by storm I'm sure ;)

Jwerta: Sounds like fun! My advice would be, don't wear too much deodorant or aftershave! Just a little goes a long way.

Bog: Well there ya go, helping others whilst your feelin blue, kudo's to you and I hope you find your smiles again soon, may the pumpkin be with you.

I just finished reading this thread and got a message from my lovely one that said 'Love you XOXO' - I'm passing on the vibes to you all, you're all a bunch of crazy hillbilly plant fondlers, and I love you all.

• Like 1

I can give you a heap of advice. PM me if interested in more detail.

A couple of quick tips Ive found useful:

1) Make first date casual...like a lunch, coffee, drink, casual food. No need to try anything too fancy or spend much. You don't want to come across needy or investing too much effort. The main focus of a first date is GREAT CONVERSATION. Ask her questions to get her to do more talking and keep yourself mysterious. Try to get her emotionally switched on so instead of asking 'hey whats your favourite music?' say 'do you like dance music? How do you feel when your dancing on a summers night in a slinky dress?'. Try steer conversations towards you two being together 'Hey I can imagine you would be fun to travel with together!' or towards romance if you are frisky 'are you a good kisser?'.

2) Touch her in some way affectionately like holding her shoulder or guiding her through a door with your hand on her back. Touch her leg casually during a joke or making a point in conversation. This will help you break physical ice and subliminally mean you want to be more than friends. Physical flirtation is fun. Using your phone is a good way to get close and also show off your alpha maleness 'Hey lets take a photo together! Oh hey these are some pics of my new motorbike...check it out'.

3) Observe her body language. If she copies your moves or plays with her hair it's a good sign.

4) If she is beautiful don't emphasize it too much. Compliment her outfit instead if you must. Also observe what trouble she has gone to in dressing up for you.

5) If she accepts a second date (unless you get really physical on first date of course) and turns up you are basically home free. She's usually going to be really into you if she commits a second time. Make a physical move within a few dates at minimum otherwise you can fall into just being friends.

6) Stay off topics like sport, religion and politics (unless she's actually really into that) and steer more towards things like adventure, dreams, philosphy, travel and general compatibility things. Try avoid talking about specific hobbies until you get to know someone better but talk about your virtues instead. i.e rather than describe your CD collection describe your strengths as a person - strong, funny, stable, honest, exciting etc.

7) Tell her you play in a band. Even if you don't, haha. Kidding.

Good luck!

dont request anal sex until atleast the 3rd or 4th date

• Like 2

Great advice botanika. :)

I'll add a few things (even though the date's already occurred):
1) Try and get good mileage out of some topics - it shows you've got depth. Covering everything summary-style on the first date is a little bit like premature ejaculation.
2) Don't be afraid of looking down OCCASIONALLY at her body while she's talking (and don't be afraid of getting caught, in fact you want to get caught) - it shows you're physically attracted to her. Dating is about sending signals, and sometimes clear signals work wayyyyy better than extremely subtle ones.
3) Eye contact is like, your secret weapon. Long bouts of maintained eye contact have scientifically been proven to make people like you more.
4) Steer the conversation into subjects she feels good about (for the first few dates, later on once you've gained a measure of her trust you can steer into subjects she finds difficult). Know when to terminate threads and begin new ones. Ask her a few 'why did you'/'how did that make you feel'/ questions - if you can get her to be talking 50-70% of the time that's a great amount. Don't ask too many questions (interview style), and don't pry on the first date. If you can relate one of your experiences to hers, then do so. If there's a period of silence, use it to smile at her and be relaxed (being a master of the comfortable silence will get you very far).

Edited by CβL
  • Like 3

Just have fun man,..or make it fun. <<<< is actually all you need to know or to do.

but here are some pointers.

find out what you both like and go do that,,...having a plan or multiple alternatives is great. So go for a tea or coffee or a small bite,... find out what she likes and go do that. If you don't have much in common,... it's not a deal breaker... if you make her laugh then that is enough of a basis to start with. tell her silly things about yourself,.. things she can laugh about,... if she laughs about your silly shit,.. then you have the right to tease her... hahaha,... then again you should tease woman as much as you can.

Be sure to lean back,... relax,... (know that there is always a chance that it will not go the way you want and that you will have to look further for a another nice gal.) Plenty fish in the ocean. If you do not have any expectations about the date cept for a nice day and getting to know the person, then you will not come across as to eager or desperate < that kills it. So don't try to hard or be to hard on yourself. Just chill. That should be your mantra,... Just chill & smile.

and yes.... if she is puuuurdy,... you and you like her,... and you can let her know that by saying it in the beginning upon meeting,.. Like "hey you,.. you looking gooood today",.... kiss kiss and then immediatly followed,... by saying shall we go grab something to drink and maybe a bite to eat.... when you say it.... touch lightly on the arm.... slowly escalate... you can do that by give a high fiving or bump (whatev's popular) for the cool things she does (reward her) and also tease her for her silly shit,.. tease relentlessly hahaha,.... hahaha,.. yes,.. make her a little shocked & crazy hahaha. You gotto test your boundaries right?!?! hahaha

So yeh Jwertsss,... just have fun,.. bounce some vibes off of eachother,... and see where it leads.... hopefully you can escalate and get to the point where you both want to kiss,.... so at the end if you had a fun date and both agree,.. you can go in for the kiss,.. you can even ask or tell her that you would like to kiss her, especially if you both agree that the date is worth a repeat,.. you can try it. Next time you invite to your place,... watch a vid, cook a meal,.. set the mood,... and again,.. lean back man!

If the date doesn't go that smooth,... then it's a learning curve man,... next weekend you focus on the next cute girl you think you could be comfortable with..... If I were you,.... date as much as you can and don't get too attached till you get @ 25,.... unless she' super fun.

anyway enough bla bla bla

• Like 1

well i have a date on Wednesday night

How did it go playboy?

• Like 1

It went well, we cuddled after dinner cause it was cold, she held my hand when we walked back to the train station and we kissed goodbye :)

• Like 3

It went well, we cuddled after dinner cause it was cold, she held my hand when we walked back to the train station and we kissed goodbye :)

Sweet! :wink:

Howa everyones love life going?

I gotta stop falling in love... just poured my heart out to someone and got nothing in return......

I've resolved to just keep dating backpackers :) Germans, Estonians, Finnish and Canadians this harvest :)

• Like 1

I've resolved to just keep dating backpackers :) Germans, Estonians, Finnish and Canadians this harvest :)

Mmmm Estonians

What is this dating nonsense.

Sorry to hear things didn't go well, jwerta. Time to get back on the horse again? How do you usually meet women?