The Corroboree
Torsten

My adventures with adipotide

I am posting this in this subforum so it is freely available, even though it would be better suited elsewhere..

Fat cells release many compounds that other cells do not release. These include messenger molecules that increase your appetite for fats specifically and other foods generally, ie the fatter you get the harder it is to control your eating. Fat cells also produce a lot of inflammatory compounds which can contribute to metabolic syndrome, immune problems, heart disease and other tissue damage.

The insidious thing about fat cells is that they are hard to get rid of. When you lose weight the fat cells merely shrink, but their number stays the same for up to several years. The number only shrinks as fat cells die off by natural atrition - not being replaced because they are no longer needed. In the meantime all those hunger signals and inflammatory molecules keep being produced at pretty much the same rate as from before you lost weight. This is why it is so hard to keep weight off for many people and why diseases linked to weight gain often take years to subside.

All weight loss drugs so far have focussed on weight loss via the traditional way. Until someone developed adipotide. It is a peptide that selectively cuts off the nutrient supply to fat cells and causes them to committ cell death. The fat that is released is then metabolised.

The weight lost should be much easier to keep off because the hunger messenger molecules have been reduced accordingly. It's a dream drug and is currently in phase 1 clinical trials.

While I am overweight, my main problem is that I have an inflammatory condition of some sort. This prevents me from an active lifestyle which in turn causes weight gain. I can take medications to suppress the inflammation and my improved lifestyle causes me to lose weight, but the drugs are dangerous in the long term and actually increase the risk of all those other conditions weight gain is associated with. It's a catch22 situation.

And in any case, losing weight may only give me an answer to my question after several years of keeping it down: Is my inflammation condition caused by excess fat or is the excess fat caused by the inflammation? The only way to answer that question would be to remove a large amount of fat cells at once and then measure the improvement. I have considered surgery and liposuction for this end, but the risks involved seemed excessive. And I am basically a chicken when it comes to surgery.

So I got a custom synth peptide lab to make me some adipotide and got another lab to verify its ID and purity. $5000 later I have 2g of very pure adipotide in my hands. The animal trials have shown that my ideal dose should be 50mg/day, injected SC. Human trials only started mid last year and no data has been released. So I thought I'd put up my experience on the forums so that others can decide if this is suitable for them.

Monkey trials showed that a certain dosage level is best so this is how I arrived at my 50mg/day. Monkeys lost 10-15% of their bodyweight over 6 weeks which is 4 weeks of dosing and 2 weeks recovery. I weigh 116kg at start and would really like to get down to 95kg because that was my weight [ie fat cell population] before my health troubles started, but i don't need to do it all in one session.

There is a known side effect on kidneys which is quite severe, but totally reversible once the drug is stopped. It is however a good idea to monitor kidney function throughout the trial and to reduce the load on the kidneys during this time.

The peptide is quite water soluble. I put 500mg of crystals into a septum vial, wash out the plastic vial it came in with 1ml of sterile water and then 1.8ml of sterile water. The water portions are poured into the septum vial, the vial is crimped, and then gently rolled every few minutes. NEVER SHAKE PEPTIDES. It takes about 1 hour to dissolve completely, but this may depend on room temp. I then add 0.03ml of benzyl alcohol through the septum to keep the solution sterile. This should give about 3ml of solution, which is 10 x 0.3ml which contains 50mg.

This is where it gets interesting. The papers all state that the peptide was well tolerated, but as I am cautious I inject just a tiny amount in my tummy. 5 mins later it starts to burn, forms a lump and hurts like hell for several hours. Bump does not go away for several days. But I continue anyway, using ice packs to keep the area cool and double nurofen to cope with the pain. I hoped that maybe this subsides, but it doesn't. I do 8 days on one side of my tummy, then 8 on the other. 8 days is about as many injections that fit on one side because it is important not to let the bumps run into each other - that hurts exponentially more. Don't do both sides unless you can sleep on your back all night. I am not sure if anyone else will get these side effects, but I am just noting them here because they were totally unexpected.

I do the injections at 4h before bedtime, which is just long enough to get over the extreme pain. Then pop 2 more nurofen and get a few hours sleep. I often get woken by the pain and need to take more pain killers, but usually just singles then. A problem arises after a week because the effectiveness wears off. Make sure to swap between nurofen and panadeine forte every 5 days or so to avoid tolerance. I didn't realise this until I took a day's break as the pain was doing my head in. Then on restarting the next day I realised how much more effective the nurofen were.

I also take 2 x 6mg prednisone per day. This is primarily to control the inflammation which increased dramatically on the 5th day. That's about the time that the first effects start to show.

Suddenly the appetite changes. I feel sick just looking at a slice of cheese and the thought of a creamy dessert turns my stomach. I can't eat anything fried, but crave the same foods boiled. I crave low nutrient foods, but also sugar. I don't just crave sugar, I need it. I woke up on day 10 severely hypoglycemic, so confused I could not work out what was wrong with me or work out how to operate the phone. Luckily I instinctively knew from my drug taking days that sugar or honey fixes these things and indeed it did. I think this is so far the most dangerous side effect I have encountered.

Another minor side effects was that my pee went cloudy from day 2 onwards, but that was expected.

From about day 5 onwards I am also unquenchably thirsty. Originally consumed 6L of herbal teas and water per day, but now excercise more self control [especially later in the day] to avoid peeing all the time. There also seems to be something wrong with the 'bladder full' notification system as it goes from nothing to emergency in a couple of minutes. Hence I am preferring staying at home for the 30 days.

My body temp is also elevated, but that just seems to be an inability to cool fast enough. The body temp drops to normal in a nicely cooled airconditioned room.

I believe that benzyl alcohol makes the pain worse, even though I can inject the same amount of benzyl alcohol by itself and it does nothing. The addition of benzyl alcohol also changes the pain from a constant hot throb by adding the occasional [ie frequent] 'rubber band snaps' to it. The latter are not suppressed much by pain killers. I am waiting for some lidocaine to arrive to see if this makes the first few hours more managable.

The expected weight loss after 8 days was supposed to be 3kg. I am a long way from that. In fact, between the liquid fluctutations caused by my thirst I couldn't pinpoint ANY weight loss at day 8. This is psychologically difficult considering the pain I am enduring. But on day 12 I am now a solid 2kg from where I started. I think much of it has to do with the peptide getting locked up in the bumps, so there seems to be a delayed slow release system. I can still feel the very first bumps although they are not painful anymore. I am hoping that whatever I didn't lose in the beginning I will hopefully lose at the end.

The constant pain and the resulting poor sleep, combined with the assumed slow release process has made me decide that I am going to take double doses every second day. This should give at least the same results as daily administration, and will give me alternate days to stop painkillers and to get decent sleep. It is certainly a very difficult process and I ahve come close to quitting several times, so hopefully this new system will allow me to complete the 30 days.

I will update this post with more details as they develop. I've also heard that an australian company is about to release this peptide 'not for human consumption' very soon. But don't hold you breath on the price as it will likely be considerably higher than what I paid for it. ie surgery may be cheaper for most.

=================================

04-05-2013

I have now done the 'double dose administration every econd day' for the second time. There appears to be no up and down in any of the desirable and indicator effects [cloudy pee, fat revuslion, weight loss, etc], but a major effect in quality of life. Being able to sleep every second night is really important. Also knowing I can have a fairly normal day with minimal pain makes the painful day so much more bearable. I know this is primarily psychological, but at this pain level I think it will be a severely limiting factor for many potential users.

Lidocaine has still not arrived and last night's injection really really needed it. Something went wrong. Got the needle in as usual, but as soon as the first droplet was ejected [

I am surprised at how variable the pain is from what is the same injection into pretty much the same tissue. There is no connection between where on my tummy I inject and the severity of the pain. Last night was possibly the worst of all so far. The two days before that was one of the least painful. Can't wait for the lidocaine. Anyone know how to dose this? any advice appreciated.

Psychologically I am buoyed by the fact that despite large fluctuations throughout the day I never go above 114kg now. By tomorrow I think I can claim 113kg. That's 3kg of fat in 2 weeks. Not too impressive just yet, but if you subtract the first 8 days when nothing happened then it's 3kg in 8 days, which is pretty good considering it is all fat, not water [like many other diets].

================================

19-05-2013

Sorry for the late update. The whole thing had me physicaly and psychologically worn out and I ahd to put it behind me for a while.

After the second double dose I became quite nauseous the next day. Woke up with a bit of nausea and this got much worse. It last 3 full days. There was no danger of puking as such, but it was still quite debilitating. There are 3 obvious options as to what caused the nausea:

1. acute toxicity from the double doses
  2. chronic toxicity after 2 weeks of dosing
  3. an extension of the Food attitudes and GI changes as a result of the increased fat metabolism

Because of the ambiguity of the above I decided to stop and clear my system for a couple of weeks. So when I restart and get the nausea from double doses within a couple of days then I know it is acute toxicity. if I get it after 10 days then I know it is chronic toxicity. And if I only get it if I push my fat metabolism over 200g/day then I know it is the third option.

Personally I think it is the 3rd option as the nausea was accompanied by certain changed in how I felt about certain foods and also the amount of energy i had. This is the curious thing about this weight loss process - I am never hungry, cold, irritable, etc. I can perform many hours of strenuous mental tasks without requiring a sugar boost [usual limit is about 2h].

I already mentioned that my attitude to fatty foods became that of disgust once i started losing weight at about 100g/day, but I was still fine with some simple carbs and a little protein. This changed once I started metabolising over 200g of fat per day. I had to force myself to eat minature serves of cornflakes and had to dilute my milk half with water because I couldn't stand the fatty taste. Sipping milk was like drinking lard. My taste buds were hyper sensitive to fats in foods and triggered revulsion in me. By the time I was metabolising >250g of fat per day all food became revolting except maybe a slice of a sour apple [granny smith]. Even bananas which had been acceptable right to the end were intolerable for a couple of days. When I stopped injecting the weight loss did not stop for 2 days and neither did the energy metabolism. As soon as the fat loss slowed, my appetite for simple carbs in small doses came back and that is also when the nausea subsided.

As for weight loss results, they are not as good as I expected, but I am confident that I can make this work in the future. I started at 116 and dropped to 111.5 one day, but stabilised at 112.5. I think that 1kg difference was just the fact I hadn't eaten anything for days, so there was no food in the GI tract. It was certainly not worth all the pain and drama for just 3.5kg, but I have learnt enough to probably make this work much better for me next time.

My stomach fat tissue is all lumpy with finger sized lumps at every injection site except the last one. The skin looks smooth so it is really only noticable if you run your hand over my tummy with pressure. Some of the lumps still itch a lot and a couple even hurt a little when I lie on them. This is all slowly subsiding and I am confident that in a couple of months it will all be history. I won't know though as I plan to restart this project very soon. The two lumps that still hurt are actually some of the earliest ones where no cold was applied and the pain was only managed via analgesics. The lumps from the last injection however is almost entirely gone - that's the site where I strapped an icepack to myself and never let the heat develop. I think the lumps are simply caused by the heat. I will be icing all future injections before the injection and for 6 hours after, regardless of whether I will use lidocaine. If properly iced there is little pain, so the lidocaine may not be required.

Urine is cloudy and has a particular smell while on adipotide. This both started on day 4 of the first dose and went away 3 days after the last dose, so is probably from fat loss rather than fromt he adipotide itself.

Adipotide also has a curious effect on the bladder in that it goes from feeling empty to 'too late' in a matter of a few minutes. This effect slowly subsided within a week of the last dose [mostly gone after 2 days actually].

My appetite is back, but not entirely. when I go to dinner I can only eat a single course, not 3. I can't stand the thought of red meat even though that was my favourite before. I am not keen on fried food and have basically been having poached chicken breast for dinner most nights with 2 or 3 granny smith apples for dessert. During the day I have small bowls of cereals, bananas and a little plain bread. The packet of croissants and the sliced Jarlsberg cheese ended up as dogfood tonight as I just don't feel like them. Curiously I have also developed a craving for wine and beer after years of basically not drinking [except for occasional vodka binge weekends]. It's not the alcohol I crave as I have no affinity to vodka - my usual favourite. It's all a bit weird, but I am going with the flow for a while. Except for the alcohol craving all changes have been for the better. Most curious is probably my stomch's resistance to acid though. Suffering from reflux for many years I have to be careful with tomatoes, apples, etc and can only eat them after a solid meal. Not any more. I now eat a couple of sour apples on an empty tummy with no problem. Ate half a lime the other day with no ill effects. Enjoying pickles and other sour foods that have been risky or impossible for years. So the changes are not just in my taste, but also in the way my body responds to those foods and how it metabolises them.

That's all for now. I will post again once I start up again. I will be starting with double doses until the fat loss process starts. That was on day 8 with single doses and I want to speed this up. So will be taking double doses on both day 1 and day 2, and then see how it goes. I may continue double doses daily until I see weightloss happening. This time however I will pull right back as soon as it starts to work. I want to stabilise my fat loss at about 200g/day as that was when i was feeling rather well and this is a sustainable progress that psychologically and physically balances results with input, without [hopefully] getting to the point where nausea interrupts it all. >300g/day seems to be too much for the body to handle.

======================================

• Like 6

Do you do any form of exercise.

I do footy training twice a week and swing on a shovel most days. Fuk all this peptide and chemical bullshit if u want to lose weight get of ur computer chair and busy ur ass.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

um, its my understanding the red lumps should only last hours, possibly a day or two and just be tender after then

not sure why they are lasting 8+ days, seems strange

props to you for continuing, i bet its a real bitch of a thing to do each day

Do you do any form of exercise.

I do footy training twice a week and swing on a shovel most days. Fuk all this peptide and chemical bullshit if u want to lose weight get of ur computer chair and busy ur ass.

My inflammatory disease started long before I became overweight and while I was still doing lots of physical labour. I was 195cm tall and weighed 90-95kg - close to the ideal weight for that height. These days to do anything remotely physical I need to to dose myself up with high dose prednisone for 3 days. The pain i am in from even non-strenuous excercise immobilises me for several days which defeats the purpose. Not just muscle pain, but joint pain, gut inflammation, severe headaches, inflamed facial nerves, ear ache, etc. Ever had an ear ache from doign xercise - it's a novel feeling [at first]. Inflammation is systemic and does not spare any tissue. Your suggestion is simplistic and a little offensive. obviously I have tried to go down that path. I would not be enduring this torture if normal methods hadn't failed, Also, you obviously didn't read the post because like I explained I don't want to wait 4 or 5 years to find out if that is the cause or not.

Good for you for being able to do that, but let me know how you go if you get arthritis, rheumatism, MS or something like that. My advice will be to forget any treatments and just get on with the excercise :P

C_T, are you referring to adipotide in particular or just any peptide injection? I have experience with SARM22 as I found that far more effective and convenient than the testosterone supplement the doc prescribed, and I get just a few minutes of burn [from the dmso] and then a small red patch for a few hours. This is nothing like it. My bumps are like scar tissue - hard and clearly defined. I am waiting for someone else to try it to see if maybe it is just me having a reaction. I do expect the bump to go away after 2-3 weeks if they continue as they have been.

I also tried a half dose via IM into the thigh muscle, but that was a disaster. Couldn't walk for half a day and still have a massive bruise with a small necrotic centre a week later.

my experience is from a few diff types of peptides and prescribed HGH, not adipotide

on the testosterone front, pbs has added underarm deodorant that has testosterone for easy use in ageing males, might be worth a try, it will reduce fat and improve metabolism and wellbeing, a whole chain reaction positive effects

another thing i listened to recently which you may find relevant in your journey

http://robbwolf.com/2013/04/30/dr-kirk-parsley-episode-181/

a must listen to podcast in relation to general health and inflammation

Id rather take low doses of meth every morning and starve myself.

• Like 3

Sorry didn't mean to offend. Good luck.

I feel for u man, u always seem to be suffering from some form of ailment or another.

I hope you find a treatment that works for you.

Maybe it's a genetic Thing, my old mans 80 and still digging postholes, I guess I take my good health for granted, not a wise thing to do. Again I apologise no offence intended.

incog i'd like to see your stats before commenting more.

i thought you were some 60kg something skinny dude? i hope i'm wrong but will wait for my next comment.

another point i want to raise about testosterone in males, its really not brought up enough.

and i see you've opted for a SARM instead, imo if you take that route you should always also have testosterone, and then add the SARM.

this is how its done, always a base of testosterone, you will be amazed by its results alone, please trust me, if you have any questions pm me. im now off testosterone as im only 34 and im in great health and look like what greek gods wanted to look.

but there was a time in my life, when shit wasn't so good, and i was a 25yr old only weighing 64kg's and worked hard to get to 75's, and even harder to 80's at only 174cm. bodyfat has always been on the low, that wasn't my problem.

but this isn't about me, its about inflamation in the body, and its cascade of problems that stem from it. and its multitudes of how and why it is doing what its doing.

please find the time to listen to that rob wolf podcast and lets discuss this like adults and i guarantee we can find the answer! maybe not us but im sure this reaches thousands if not millions, and im sure some can contribute pieces of the puzzle, which combined in the right way will be the answer

I noticed the medicinal benefits of testosterone when I left working at centre link with just women, to working outside in the sun with late teen, early 20's lads talking about stuff testosterone pumped lads do. My nails and hair grew quicker and stronger, my sight improved and as a whole my general well being improved 1000%

I'm pretty sure my testosterone levels would have risen instinctively ready to compete???

Thing about testosterone itself was that the first few doses worked really well, but then suddenly my free T would drop after implant to a level lower than when I have no supplement [even though my total T increased to where it should be]. It was obvious my body was causing the downregulation. I have discussed this elsewhere here and I think it was you who suggested to look at hormones in a bigger picture, especially as they relate to high cortisol levels. So it became quite apparent that high cortisol levels have a negative effect on T and that T supplementation is really quite pointless. My T levels are 8 rather than the 12-30 they are supposed to be, so only marginally below normal, which is probably why I am getting such good benefits from the SARM22. I will try to combine with T gel and see how that goes [it makes good sense and keeps me away from injections/implants].

So after your comment about the involvement of cortisol I decided that I need to get this under control. I made lifestyle changes [separated from stressful partner, got a personal assisstant for the business, etc] and herbal/nutrient changes to help, but that hasn't helped much. The biggest source of inflammation is still my gut, so I have made some progress there too by eliminating whatever bacteria was using pectin to produce toxins. Now I just need to find the ones that that use glucans and cellulose - still working on that. But in all of this the inescapable fact remains that adipotide cells produce inflammatory compounds and I may never fix the other sources of inflammation sufficiently, so needed to eliminate the adipose cell inflammatories asap. Once I am down to 95kg I can immediately assess whether fat cells had anything to do with my condition. And because it is in a space of 2 months or so it will be reliable to assess whether they were causally linked [something not possible with dieting & excercise]. I am hoping that at the very least the fat loss will reduce my inflammation by enough so that physical activity becomes possible again without medication as it will obviously still take some effort to keep the weight off.

BTW, I should mention that my weight gain over the last few years from 100 to 116 was a little surprising to me - literally. I was on 100 for a very long time, but then one day at the doctors the nurse insited to weigh me and the scales indicated 110 What had happened was that my scales were slowly drifting from true downwards. gradually over several years. So my scales stayed on 100 while my weight went up by 10kg. That was a shock. I now have two scales to make sure this doesn't happen again. I then managed to stabilise at 110, but losing it was difficult. Then I went into surgery in July 2012 and in the 7 weeks afterwards I put on 1kg per week. This was purely from the changes in fat metabolism caused by my gall bladder removal. I managed to drop a couple of kilos once I got a handle on that, but again while it was easy to keep steady, the loss eluded me. Hence the drastic measures to get to somewhere where I can start managing it again.

cortisol gets balanced when we sleep, its one of those hormones that normalises each night. thats why these sleep deprivation studies are so strong, it totally screws underlying htpa system and then its a runnaway train effect.

and cortisol prob

testosterone is a must, whether you feel the benefit or not. if you are low, you should get some. i know its against the normal, but what about all the girls on hormone replacement? nobody batts an eyelid. whats so wrong about some healthy testosterone? seriously!

will continue later

cortisol gets balanced when we sleep, its one of those hormones that normalises each night. thats why these sleep deprivation studies are so strong, it totally screws underlying htpa system and then its a runnaway train effect.

and cortisol prob

testosterone is a must, whether you feel the benefit or not. if you are low, you should get some. i know its against the normal, but what about all the girls on hormone replacement? nobody batts an eyelid. whats so wrong about some healthy testosterone? seriously!

will continue later

actually, my cortisol is a little elevated overnight too. melatonin is surprisingly normal. On days when I have high inflammation my cortisol levels are also high as soon as I get up, while on days when I don't they are almost normal.

I have no problem with keeping my T levels normal and my doc agrees that this has been by far the most significant change in my health and is happy to keep prescribing it. But it is not the total T that has this effect. Rather it is the free T and this seems to DROP when I take a T supplement now [that wasn't the case for my initial implants]. So after my last implant it took nearly 3 months to get back to my baseline free T levels, which was a very long and difficult time. And despite my total T [after implant] being in midrange normal for my age, I felt crapper than ever. So I am pretty sure that total T is irrelevant to the health outcomes I am looking for, which seem to be connected purely to free T.

That's why I like your suggestion of T gel with sarm22. T gel is not enough for me, but it is convenient as I can stop it anytime [given the dramas of my last implant], and with sarm22 it should be enough. I am however not taking anything until this adipotide torture is over ;)

Ct I'm 6'1, 91 kg ( I fluctuate between 85 and 90) my mum reckons I take after my grandfather build wise. I put on muscle very easily, I guess it's a muscle memory thing from a childhood of athletics in which I got to a professional level. I'm butting out of this thread as its over my head, and i dont want to upset a mate, just wanted to clarify that I'm not 60kilograms.

6'1 at 60kg would be like a python ??

I usually don't mind discussions going wide off topic, but I just want to remind that this is the first published administration of adipotide in the world - ever! It will invariably become a much references thread and hence comments like 'but I can do it by shoveling dirt' are not going to be of any use to anyone. I think anyone who is overweight knows that they could lose weight that way, but something is obviously stopping them. Whether that is phsychological or physical doesn't really matter. Telling someone who can't find the motivation to excercise that that's how they should do it is akin to telling a depressed person to 'just snap out of it'. It doesn't fix the problem. Telling someone who can't do it for physical reasons is even less helpful and uncompassionate.

Bottom line is that we've been trying for many years to slim down the population and it is failing dismally. There are many reasons for it, including public policy [see

if you want to understand more. it's long, but full of detailed science and history]. Any additional tool that helps with weightloss should be welcomed not just by the fat people, but also by everyone else because of the healthcare burden obesity represents to the public purse. If adipotide turns out to be safe then weightloss via this method might be preferable to lapband surgery or liposuction. It may turn out less safe than these methods and take its place behind them rather than in front. I personally would prefer a well managed injection system [without pain] for a month than invasive and drastic surgery like lapband or roux-en-y.

The wide ranging discussion about hormones, sleep, and inflammation is actually pretty relevant to most people who will look in on this thread, so not all digressions are equal ;)

• Like 1

I think the discussion of weight is crucial. Its often a combination of factors including activity, but it's frequently a matter of diet. My weight gain came when my slight allergy to wheat gluten flared up seriously after a double dose of antibiotics, now that I avoid all gluten the weight has fallen off - but I was never hugely overweight to start with, probably because I smoked, drank coffee and didn't eat enough. I also think diet can affect hormone levels, but hormone levels can be out of balance anyway - this discussion of testosterone is interesting, apparently it can also affect estrogen levels in men. Estrogen can make quite an impact of mood too, which in turn can affect diet and ability to exercise. An imbalance in any of the factors can impact on others, so it's nice to hit the root cause of a problem though that may be difficult as the symptoms may point to something totally different.

My uncle was an incredibly fit man, very active, and was very bulky - most of which was muscle. But he broke his back in an industrial accident and while he was off his feet all that muscle turned to fat. He never recovered his previous level of activity, partly because he was now severely overweight and he could never lose it again as his back wouldn't allow him to do strenuous activity. A vicious circle.

What I'm saying here is, that once weight is on it is often incredibly difficult to lose again, and suggesting that activity will help may not - simply because the weight as well as circumstances i.e. a relatively inactive lifestyle - tend to make it very difficult.

What is therefore required is to find out what the initial cause of the problem is and fix that as much as possible, whether it is hormonal, diet, lack of physical activity or a combination, and also attack the fat itself, which is where Torsten is at. It is very possible that my uncle could have regained a lot of his previous active life if there was an easy way for him to lose that fat first, which may have allowed his back to heal better as it wouldn't have to take so much strain.

There are not only a huge number of contributors to obesity, but also actual causes that we are only just finding out. A recent paper showed that bacteria transferred from the gut of obese mice induced obesity in skinny mice despite normal healthy diet. ie the skinny mice control group who were kept on the same food as the inocculated mice stayed skinny while the others got fat. So the only variable in between the groups was the biome. A research projects based on this finding allowed obese people to lose weight dramatically when their biome was altered via diet and herbal supplements. How then could you 'blame' a person for being fat if they are eating as healthy as a skinny person and doing the same amount of physical activity?

I've had some thyroid problems and in the course of being interested in thyroid issues have met lots of others with thyroid problems. The amount of weight that can be added or shed by minute tweaks in thyroid function is astounding. One person I know had an overactive thyroid, then had too much of the gland destroyed with radioactive iodine treatment, then was too low, then was given emds that amde it too high, then changed meds that made it too low, etc. In a space of just over a year that person's weight has yoyo'ed all over the place. All of the fluctuations were within the normal range for that type of individual, so unless you have had a baseline test while you were skinny it would be difficult to know if you still have enough thyroid activity as you put on weight. ie most of these thyroid deficiencies would be disregarded just like marginally low testosterone levels are sitll disregarded.

Like I said, so many causes and contributing factors that we really don't have much of a grasp on yet. Skinny and fit people often only realise how tenous their control over their weight is when they actually lose that control. Like myself - until my late 20's, at 195cm and barely 75kg I never thought it would be possible for me to be anything other than very skinny. I am not saying that any of the above processes are involved in my weight and my adipotide experiment isn't really about the weight but rather about the fat cells themselves. If I end up at 95kg and suddenly my immune system and hormonal problems disappear then I know I am particularly prone to a vicious cycle of inflamamtion triggering weightgains and vice versa. A cycle I will have no problems staying on top of. If those things don't suddenly fix themselves then at least i've lost some weight and have excluded adiposity as the underlying cause which would have taken several years by other methods and only 2 months via adipotide.

updating the original post...

do you think your getting some type of allergic or histamine reaction at injection site

Have updated the original post.

C_T, I don't know if the reaction is something that only applies to me or if others get it too. To work this out, Daniel will do a small injection of it once I restart to see if he gets the reaction too. I will report then. I did originally think it was histamine related because the day I took my first antihistamine I also had a very diminished reaction. That success was shortlived when i had a massive pain reaction the next day despite same antihistamine. The pain & heat varies greatly depending on various factors [some of which are not controllable] and that makes it difficult to establish results unless I have several days to compare/average.

How did you go with it Torsten did your trial give any insight into the cause/effect cycle of the inflammation ?

I've never been too keen on modern lock and key type approaches to endocrinology there's too many factors to take into account and most of them are affected by other factors, it's a very complex web.

Endocrine disruption seems to be the scourge of the modern age, vets did a lot of work on it in the seventies and eighties but a lot of the research is hard to find online these days, I don't know where all the research papers went. A lot of the research implicated chemical contamination of water and food, maybe the research has been suppressed ?

I'd be looking into other avenues in regards to inflammation myself, here's a snippet taken from http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml

In recent years, evidence has mounted in favor of the antiinflammatory, immunomodulatory and cytoprotective effects of the simplest amino acid L-glycine.” “Glycine protects against shock caused by hemorrhage, endotoxin and sepsis, prevents ischemia/reperfusion and cold storage/reperfusion injury to a variety of tissues and organs including liver, kidney, heart, intestine and skeletal muscle, and diminishes liver and renal injury caused by hepatic and renal toxicants and drugs. Glycine also protects against peptidoglycan polysaccharide-induced arthritis...” and inhibits gastric secretion “....and protects the gastric mucosa against chemically and stress-induced ulcers. Glycine appears to exert several protective effects, including antiinflammatory, immunomodulatory and direct cytoprotective actions. Glycine acts on inflammatory cells such as macrophages to suppress activation of transcription factors and the formation of free radicals and inflammatory cytokines. In the plasma membrane, glycine appears to activate a chloride channel that stabilizes or hyperpolarizes the plasma membrane potential. As a consequence, .... opening of ... calcium channels and the resulting increases in intracellular calcium ions are suppressed, which may account for the immunomodulatory and antiinflammatory effects of glycine. Lastly, glycine blocks the opening of relatively non-specific pores in the plasma membrane that occurs as the penultimate event leading to necrotic cell death

Our modern diet plays a large role in inflammatory conditions we need to eat more traditional foods.

http://www.jadeinstitute.com/jade/bone-broth-health-building.php

I don't think 3.5kg will give me any insight in inflammation reduction. I'll look at that when I've lost at least 15g.

I have tried the aminos. Glycine didn't do anything. Glutamine was great but that is because it is the preferred food of the GI lining cells, so really only targeted GI inflammation. I am not going to get into the whole diet thing here as it is too complex, but just wanted to mention that the one size fits all approach of increasing prebiotics does not in fact fit all. I have a friend with a similar form of colitis that is actually activated by prebiotics, especially certain types of fibre. As my inflammation can be almost entirely stopped by fluoroquinolone antibiotics it is obvious that most of my problems originate from a gut bacteria that loves fibre. That goes completely against all conventional teachings in both medicine and natural therapies, which is why all the advice I get is so useless. There are a few cutting edge researchers that have identified this problem and it is their research i follow. But in the meantime I want to eliminate other contributing factors, hence the adipotide.

Hey T - you may be interested in reading a book called "The Brain Diet" by a guy called Alan Logan (apparently he's a naturopath who does some stuff at Harvard's Mind-Body Medical Institute). He basically just brings together and summarizes a heap of really interesting research on how our diet affects the health and functioning of our brains.

There's a lot of stuff in there about inflammation and how it's affected by diet. And a lot of interesting stuff about diet and various physical and mental health condtions.

I really got a lot out of it anywho. Best of luck with the experimenting!

Edited by gtarman

Sorry to sidetrack the discussion but I've had some direct experience with problems caused by dietary fibre too.

There's a bit of published research on the effects of fibre in regards to gut problems in particular constipation, where they have found seemingly paradoxical results when patients were put on low or no fibre diets.

I read one on pub med a few months ago.

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdNrEAppRyGEARCoPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByYWZxb2M3BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDNQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=128tncf35/EXP=1369076548/**http%3a//www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435786/

Konstantin Monastyrsky has published a book titled Fiber Menace that goes into the problems with dietary fibre and he says the addition of fibre to modern diets is as fraught with danger as hormone replacement therapy and other failed medical practices over the last 100 years. He has a fair bit of information on his website about the problems fibre and soluble fibre (pre-biotics) cause to intestinal bacteria and mucosa.

He has a website http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oGdNA4A5pRaiQAFJQPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZWgwN285BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkAw--/SIG=11cs1q1vj/EXP=1369076664/**http%3a//www.gutsense.org/

The medical establishment has branded him as a quack but his advice has helped many people around the world where modern medicine has failed.

I took his advice about reducing my fibre intake a few years ago when I had some serious gut problems. Removing the fibre and drinking bone broth worked wonders for me.

I think the modern high fibre diet recommendation is dogmatic bullshit. Most people with gut problems get better results from reducing dietary fibre and including gelatinous foods to their diet.

When I was at my worst the only safe foods were lean meat and starch [not easy with a wheat sensitivity at the time]. So basically steak and boiled peeled potatoes. geez, I am glad those days are behind me. I seem to have killed the bad bacteria that flourished on pectin by taking a herbal preservative for a few days, but it hasn't affected cellulose and beta glucans loving bacteria. I have some other herbal extracts to target them, but fatloss was my next priority before I experiment further. Trying to unravel a decade of poor medical advice and compounding problems, so need to be very methodical about it - largely because each time I work out something new it helps lots of poeple with similar problems.

I am familiar with the links sally. It's an interesting field of research that seems to focus almost purely on what works for the majority. The rest is just too difficult.

I'm not sure if this is off topic, but this article recommended a carb-free diet to adjust your body from burning carbs as the primary fuel - which means, presumably, the fats just get stored - and switching over to a no-carb fat-burning diet which would mean that, if done effectively, previously stored fats should get burned as fuel rather than be stored.

Since I have recently been on an extremely low carb diet (owing to wheat allergy) with small quantities of rice once per week and small quantities of potatoes twice a week, the amount of weight I have lost is quite considerable. I saw myself in a full-length mirror last night and was almost shocked, I have no spare fat on me at all, for the first time in my life. Before being forced on to this diet by the allergy, I used to crave carbs and chocolate all the time. Now sugar makes me feel sick - even the nicest chocolate - and I avoid it because it is instantly addictive, as the article suggests.

The article is primarily about cancer, but I thought the diet itself might be relevant to this discussion.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/06/16/ketogenic-diet-benefits.aspx?e_cid=20130616_SNL_Art_1&utm_source=snl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20130616

By Dr. Mercola

Could a ketogenic diet eventually be a “standard of care” drug-free treatment for cancer? Personally, I believe it’s absolutely crucial, for whatever type of cancer you’re trying to address, and hopefully some day it will be adopted as a first line of treatment.

A ketogenic diet calls for eliminating all but non-starchy vegetable carbohydrates, and replacing them with healthy fats and high quality protein.

The premise is that since cancer cells need glucose to thrive, and carbohydrates turn into glucose in your body, then lowering the glucose level in your blood though carb and protein restriction, literally starves the cancer cells into oblivion. Additionally, low protein intake tends to minimize the mTOR pathway that accelerates cell proliferation.

This type of diet, in which you restrict all but non-starchy vegetable carbs and replace them with low to moderate amounts of high quality protein and high amounts of beneficial fat, is what I recommend for everyone, whether you have cancer or not. It’s a diet that will help optimize your weight and all chronic degenerative disease. Eating this way will help you convert from carb burning mode to fat burning.

Dr. Thomas Seyfried is one of the leading pioneer academic researchers in promoting how to treat cancer nutritionally. He’s been teaching neurogenetics and neurochemistry as it relates to cancer treatment at Yale University and Boston College for the past 25 years.

He’s written over 150 peer-reviewed scientific articles and book chapters, and has also published a book, Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer.

Ketogenic Diet Accepted as First Line Approach for Epilepsy; is Cancer Next?

The ketogenic diet has actually been used for managing seizures in children for quite some time. While Dr. Seyfried and his team worked on brain cancer and epilepsy in mice, one of his students suggested investigating whether or not a ketogenic diet might also be effective against tumors.

So, in the late ‘90s, they began dovetailing their work on ketogenic diets and epilepsy and cancer together, eventually bringing them to a better understanding of how changing your whole-body metabolic state can be effective in targeting and eliminating tumor cells.

Interestingly, clinical medicine has recognized the ketogenic diet as a valuable option in the treatment of epilepsy since the late 90’s.

“I served as the organizer for the Ketogenic Diet Special Interest Group at the American Epilepsy Society,” Dr. Seyfried says.

“We initially started as a small focus group with the folks from Johns Hopkins Medical School, where the diet has had its greatest use and impact. And then we started to grow and substantially increase interest mainly through the efforts of Jim Abrahams.

Jim started the Charlie Foundation for his son Charlie, who went through a near-death experience from seizures and was rescued using ketogenic diets. His colleague, Meryl Streep, the famous movie actress, became very involved in this.

Now the ketogenic diet is receiving considerable attention in the epilepsy community as a first line of approach. Although this is still not widely accepted, I have to admit that the ketogenic diet is now recognized as an important component for the management of refractory seizures in children.”

According to Dr. Seyfried, the mechanism by which the ketogenic diet manages seizures is not nearly as clear as the way the ketogenic diet manages cancer. This is ironic considering that it’s barely known, let alone applied, within oncology circles, while it’s already a first line of treatment for epilepsy. In the case of cancer, it’s well-established that it’s the glucose reduction that kills the cancer cells.

Cancer is a Mitochondrial Metabolic Disease

Dr. Seyfried has developed a process called metabolic control analysis, which essentially analyzes the metabolic flux through different pathways that occurs when you transition your body from one major fuel source to another major fuel source, to maintain energy homeostasis in your body. Many believe or are under the impression that cancer is primarily a genetic disease, but Dr. Seyfried dispels such notions.

“We’re not going to make major advances in the management of cancer until it becomes recognized as a metabolic disease. But in order to do that, you have to present a massive counterargument against the gene theory of cancer,” he says.

“One of the key issues here is that if you transplant the nucleus of a cancer cell into a normal cell, you don’t get cancer cells. You can actually get normal tissues and sometimes a whole normal organism from the nucleus of a cancer cell. Now, if the tumors are being driven by driver genes – all these kinds of mutations and things that we hear about – how is it possible that all of this is changed when you place this cancer nucleus into the cytoplasm of a cell with normal mitochondria?

The gene theory cannot address this. It clearly argues strongly against the concept that genes are driving this process. Actually, a very few people inherit genes that predispose them to cancer. Most people inherit genes that prevent cancer. And those few genes that are inherited – the germ line like the BRCA1 mutations, B53, and a few other very rare cancers – these inherited mutations appear to disrupt the function of the mitochondria.”

According to Dr. Seyfried, the mitochondria—the main power generators in your cells—are the central point in the origin of most cancers. Your mitochondria can be damaged not only by inherited mutations, thereby increasing your risk for a particular type of cancer, such as the BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations that increase your risk of breast- and ovarian cancer. They can also be damaged by environmental factors, such as toxins and radiation, both ionizing and non-ionizing. Over time, damage to your mitochondria can lead to dysfunction and tumor formation.

“It’s ultimately a disease of the mitochondrial energy metabolism, which is the origin of the disease,” Dr. Seyfried says. “[O]nce the mitochondria become dysfunctional or insufficient in ability, mutations will occur. The drugs that have been developed based on the genome projects have been largely ineffective in providing long-term care and are associated with toxic effects. As long as the field continues to focus on that part of the disease, which is a downstream epiphenomenon, there will be no major advances in the field simply because that’s not the relevant aspect of the disease.”

Sugar is the Primary Fuel for Most Cancers

Controlling your blood-glucose leptin and insulin levels through diet, exercise and emotional stress relief can be one of the most crucial components to a cancer recovery program. These factors are also crucial in order to prevent cancer in the first place.In 1931 the Nobel Prize was awarded to German researcher Dr. Otto Warburg, who discovered that cancer cells have a fundamentally different energy metabolism compared to healthy cells, and that malignant tumors tend to feed on sugar. More recently, researchers discovered that while cancer cells feed on both glucose and fructose, pancreatic tumor cells use fructose specifically to divide and proliferate.

Dr. Seyfried’s work confirms that sugar is the primary fuel for cancer, and that by restricting sugar and providing an alternate fuel, namely fat, you can dramatically reduce the rate of growth of cancer. He explains:

“When we’re dealing with glucose and [cancer] management, we know from a large number of studies that if respiration of the tumor is ineffective, in order to survive, the cells must use an alternative source of energy, which is fermentation. We know that glucose is the primary fuel for fermentation. Fermentation becomes a primary energy-generating process in the tumor cell. By targeting the fuel for that process, we then have the capability of potentially managing the disease.”

The strategy Dr. Seyfried suggests is a low-carb, low to moderate protein, high-fat diet, which will effectively lower your blood sugar. This is an easily measurable parameter that you can check using a diabetic blood glucose meter. This type of diet, called a ketogenic diet, will also elevate ketone bodies, as fat is metabolized to ketones that your body can burn in the absence of food. When combined with calorie restriction, the end result will put your body in a metabolic state that is inhospitable to cancer cells.

“[Ketones] is a fat breakdown product that can replace glucose as a major fuel for many of the organs and especially our brain,” he says.

Tumor cells, however, cannot use ketone bodies because of their respiratory insufficiency. So the ketogenic diet represents an elegant, non-toxic way to target and marginalize tumor cells. It also allows you to dramatically lower your glucose levels, as the ketones will protect your body against any hypoglycemia that might otherwise be induced by carb restriction.

“All of the newer cells in your body will be transitioned to these effective ketones, thereby preventing them from damage from hypoglycemia. At the same time, the tumor cells are now marginalized and under tremendous metabolic stress. It’s a whole body therapy—you need to bring the whole body into this metabolic state,” he explains.

“We like to call it a new state of metabolic homeostasis: a state where ketones have reached the steady state level in your blood and glucose has reached a steady lower level in your blood... “If it’s done right and implemented right, it has powerful therapeutic benefits on the majority of people who suffer from various kinds of cancers. Because all cancers have primarily the same metabolic defect.”

For Cancer Protection, Reverse Your Glucose to Ketone Ratios

Dr. Seyfried uses ketones and glucose as the measures of this new metabolic state. The parameters associated with an ideal state are ketone levels equal to or higher than the glucose level in your blood.

“There’s a high ratio of glucose to ketones. But in a fasted or therapeutic state, this ratio is actually reversed. Ketones can actually become higher than glucose,” he says. “What they can do is they can get their blood sugars down to 2.5 to 3 millimolar [equivalent to about 55-65 mg/dl], and then their ketones to up to 3 or 4 millimolar, where the ratio is now reversed. It’s this state that now brings the body into this new physiology.”

You can easily check your glucose levels at home, you’d need to work with a doctor to measure ketone levels in your blood. Generally speaking, a fasting glucose under 100 mg/dl suggests that you're not insulin resistant, while a level between 100-125 suggests you're either mildly insulin resistant or pre-diabetic. Here, Dr. Seyfried recommends getting your glucose down to a steady level of about 55-65 mg/dl, which is about HALF of what’s conventionally considered “good” or “normal.”

Blood ketones can be easily measured using the Medisense Precision Xtra blood glucose and ketone monitor from Abbot Laboratory. As many pharmacies might not stock the meter (bar code #, 93815 80347), it might be necessary to call Abbott directly (1-800-527 3339) to obtain the meter. According to Dr. Seyfried, the Precision Xtra seems the most accurate of all the ones he’s used.

It is important to mention, however, that the blood ketone strips are more expensive than the blood glucose strips. Dr. Seyfried therefore recommends measuring your blood ketones every few days rather than 3x/day for blood glucose. Although urine ketone measurement is a cheap way to assess ketones, urine ketone levels are not always indicative of blood ketone levels. It is best if you can measure ketones from both blood and urine.

“I work with nutritionists and physicians,” Dr. Seyfried says. “The problem with cancer patients is that many of the practitioners are unfamiliar with this whole approach, so there’s this tremendous gap. We have knowledge of how to do this. We have patients willing to do it. But we lack professionals that are trained or even understand the concepts of how to implement these kinds of approaches.”

All of the guidelines are included in Dr. Seyfried’s book, Cancer as Metabolic Disease, which is available on Amazon. He’s also published a couple of papers 1,2 that outline the guidelines and treatment strategies for cancer patients. One caveat to consider is your use of medications, as you need to know what the adverse effects might be if you use a medication at a particular dosage along with this kind of metabolic therapy.

The Importance of Intermittent Fasting

In my experience, the vast majority of people are adapted to burning carbs as their primary fuel, as opposed to burning fat. One of the most effective strategies I know of to become a fat burner is to restrict your eating to within a six- to eight- hour window, which means you’re fasting for about 16-18 hours each day. This upregulates the enzymes that are designed to burn fat as a fuel, and downregulates the glucose enzymes. This kind of intermittent fasting plan can be a useful modality to help you make the transition to a ketogenic diet.

“That’s the way it started in the clinic for children with epilepsy. Basically, the child is given a 24-hour and sometimes 48-hour fast – water only. And then the ketogenic diet is introduced in relatively measured and small amounts,” Dr. Seyfried says.

“Your body transitions naturally that way. Intermittent fasting is actually a very strong component of the approach. A three-day fast is uncomfortable, but it’s certainly doable. It gets your body into a new metabolic state, and then you can apply these therapies. The hardest part, I think, of this fasting is the first three to four days, depending on the individual and how many times they’ve done this.

That’s basically trying to break your addiction to glucose. The removal of glucose from the brain elicits the same kind of problems or events as you would if you were addicted to drugs, alcohol, or something like this. You get malaise, headaches, nausea, lightheadedness. You get all the kinds of physiological effects that you would get from withdrawal of any addicting substance. I look at glucose as an addictive substance. It’s an addictive metabolite. Your brain is comforted by having glucose; your body is comforted. And when you break that glucose addiction, you have these particular feelings.

... Fasting certainly has remarkable health benefits to the body: strengthening the mitochondria network system within the cells of your body. As long as the mitochondria of your cells remain healthy and functional, it’s very unlikely that cancer can develop under these particular states.”

Unless you have a very serious disease, I believe it is best for most people to implement intermittent fasting slowly over six to eight weeks rather than a three day complete fast. You begin by not eating for three hours before you go to bed, and then gradually extend the time you eat breakfast until you have skipped breakfast entirely and your first meal of the day is at lunch time. Of course you are only consuming non-starchy vegetables for carbs, low to moderate protein and high quality fats. One of the things I’ve noticed is that once you’ve made the transition from burning carbs to burning fat as your primary fuel, the desire for junk foods and sugar just disappears like magic.

The Potential Role of Protein in Cancer Formation

Glutamine-- one of the most common amino acids found in proteins—is another interesting aspect of cancer that Dr. Seyfried is still investigating. In his opinion, most oncologists who do cancer metabolism recognize that sugar (both glucose and fructose) is the prime fuel for driving tumor growth. However, mounting research also indicates that glucose and glutamine together act powerfully and synergistically on the growth of tumor cells.

“These two fuels work together in concert to provide a continual growth,” he says.

One of my early mentors was Dr. Ron Rosedale. He taught me, about 20 years ago, about the importance of insulin control and then, more recently, about the importance of reducing protein intake, for this very reason. Most Americans likely eat far more protein than they really need, and this excess could be a factor in cancer. The Paleo approach makes sense on many levels, especially with regards to intermittent fasting and lowering your glucose levels. The Paleo approach is very clear about reducing grains and any food that raises your blood sugar. But there are, of course, two other macronutrients left: fat and protein.

Many Paleo followers are overly concerned about getting high amounts of protein, which could increase your glutamine and branched chained amino acid levels, which in turn tend to activate mTOR. In some, that could be problematic. According to Dr. Rosedale’s research, the pathway known as the mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), is controlled by lowering your protein intake. This pathway may be another metabolic pathway that helps control and prevent cancer growth.

Calorie Restriction is a Key Part of the Equation

Dr. Seyfried, however, is more cautious in his evaluation of mTOR and reducing protein for cancer prevention. In his view, the most important aspect of cancer prevention and treatment is the intermittent fasting, or overall calorie restriction, which includes eating less of everything, period. But while calories from carbohydrates should be virtually eliminated, calories from protein just need to be reduced, while most need to increase their intake of healthful fats to get a more ideal ratio of fat to protein. As far as the specific types of fats recommended, Dr. Seyfried uses medium-chain triglycerides, i.e. coconut oil, butter, macadamia nuts, and other types of saturated fats, which is what I’ve long recommended as well. “The saturated fats are converted to ketones much more readily than polyunsaturated fats,” he explains.

So, keep in mind that for cancer prevention and treatment, the actual calorie restriction is an important part of the equation:

“We did some studies on this with our model of glioma... The mTOR in our model was not dramatically changed by these metabolic therapies. But I know others have reported it, and this could be an important component for certain other kinds of cancers. But my limited work with this did not demonstrate this to be a major issue, at least in the glioma model that we looked at. We showed that you could give animals a high-fat, low-protein diet, as much as they want (zero carbs in this diet), and their blood glucose was just as high or higher than the mice that were eating the protein-carb diet.

It was more or less related to the total consumption of calories. Most calories boil down to glucose. Proteins will be metabolized to glucose. Carbs are metabolized to glucose; fats are not... We don’t get any therapeutic benefit either in epilepsy or cancer when we allow the animals or people to eat as much of these high-fat diets as they want. We get no therapeutic benefit.

Therapeutic benefit comes from the restriction of the calories in the diet. The ketogenic diet or a low-carb, low-protein diet is simply a way to take the sting out of a therapeutic fast. Because as long as the glucose and ketones can get into the metabolic range (and you can do it with eating small amounts of a high-fat diet rather than therapeutic fasting), then that just makes people feel a little better about how they’re doing this rather than feeling that I’m starving to death.”

Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

I recently interviewed Dr. D’Agostino who is another cancer as a metabolic disease researcher. He published a recent paper that shows a phenomenal synergy with a ketogenic diet and the use of hyperbaric oxygen for cancers that have metastasized. These types of cancers are notoriously difficult to treat. I would strongly encourage anyone struggling with this challenge to consider this type of therapy.

• Like 2