The Corroboree
waterboy 2.0

RIP spillover greenhouse

What a night for wind ...lol

Looking around this morning to see what carnage resulted, and then its like WTF, alas RIP spillover greenhouse. Wind was strong enough to pull the mass of anchor bolts out of the bedrock.

DSCF8145_zps19b2ae47.jpg

Luckily there were few serious injuries and some tricho seedling fatalities..... funeral will be tomorrow

DSCF8146_zps94bf4acd.jpg

ahh shit waterboy, my heart goes out to you :unsure:

• Like 1

Holy shit. I feel for you man whenever we have strong sea winds here I get real nervous.. None of my structures are anywhere near the quality of yours lol

• Like 1

lol...you get what you pay for lads. 'tis an ebay cheapy I re-engineered a fair bit and kept in in fair shape during its transit , pulling the rock bolts out caught my surprise. Thats about 40m from where it was positioned....

Being exposed on a mountain doesnt help...rofl

Lost a few stag trees I loved as well about the place, to be honest that gutted me a bit more.

Now its time to overcrowd the others, and contemplate the rebuilding of the bitch from the ashes like a phoenix.

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 2

Ah fuck!

The (ex) inhabitants look much better than i expected though.

Gutted.

• Like 1

shit!! lucky not too much damage though.. one of the reasons i dont have a green house yet as its windy as fuck here, and i am thinking it would pay to have a solid wooden frame concreted in the ground , but this will take some time ..

• Like 1

Mother nature isn't playing by the usual rules anymore, might be time to be thinking steel, chemsets & cyclone rods and before winter.

If you were a tad closer i have a 13/16" X 36" masonry bit for my Hilty that comes in handy for anchorage bolts.

• Like 2

well after having a smoke and coffee, and clearing up the wind broken catha limbs the bodycount is one broken pedro (now will be two plants :wink: ), 40+ tricho seedlings done for that look like they've been rattled to shit and a caapi that was climbing inside whos pot cannot be found anywhere (WTF).

Not bad at all really, I still dont know why the trich cuts do not look like they have had a bowling ball through them.....

Time to get the ol' wheelbarrow out then

• Like 1

Wow, mother natures power, sorry to hear of your loss mate, sometimes bad shit happens to good people and it aint fair or right but it still happens, nice to see a positive attitude heading in to the rebirth though, good luck brother

Is that T-pee to the left?

Yeah Man. That was some mean wind yesterday, real spring wind, not normal for autumn.

You obvioulsy got it a lot worse than me. Bit of a bother when that happens, sorry to hear about your plants.

Hope you manage to get something sorted before winter hits.

Cheers, Ob.

Edited by obtuse

well thats got another ghouse looking like it wont pass workplace standards its that full...lol

If I fall over in it at night closing it up its going to get messy, but everythings into some kind of order again.

I have laughed all day trying to figure how they stood standing, after the dynabolts were sheared on the front, and the back sill pulled apart like a sardine can.....

@eatfoo - big shadehouse. Getting too cold down here to live feral...lol

• Like 1