The Corroboree
Schitztrip

Stoner/Tripping Music....

Yeh I mentioned Jonah Sharp, Spactime Continuum in the past a couple times, slipped my mind. Or my list anyway this time round I might go add it.

How about Orbital Snivilization.?

Heres an extension of this thread. I started a similier thread a few monthes ago with the same intentions before they well and truely axed Napster.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/ubb/Forum5...TML/000166.html

The trick in these threads is to drop names lots and lots of names so we can find new stuff smile.gif I am always desperate for some new grooves.

Guest grauche

Trippiest stuff I've ever heard is avant-garde doom metal band Esoteric. And you can listen to all their 'songs', complete with distorted inhuman growls, at www.bereft.co.uk

"Passing through matter" (19 min) and "Creation through Destruction" (13 min) are excellent IMO, but it's a fine line between hypnotic and boring.

Also local 'psychedelic metallers' Alchemist are excellent (www.alchemist.com.au)

Throat singing is a style of singing where two notes are produced simultaneously. Tuva is a place, singing that comes from tuva, is DUN DUN DUN...Tuvan.

Legend has it that originally throat singing came about when farmers in the hills of tuva started to try and project their voices further and further, to comunicate with other farmers. I guess they discovered that the lower the note, the better it travels and somehow discovered a way of singing a pedal point note with a melodic line over the top of it. A one man choir of sorts.

I bet most of you have heard this very particular style of singing, but just havent heard the name.

For those of you who attended the tool concert in sydney (at least the first one), the sound at the beginning before and as tool came on stage was throat singing. It worked very well as it has got that eerie "somethings comin' our way" kinda feel to it.

?SaToriBluE? I really dig your taste in music. Snivilisation is one of the classics in my record collection..

Anything that Lisa Gerrard does is bound to be mind blowing. Lisa did the music to the insider, and I remember watching the scene where Russel crowe is trying to decide wether he will testify or not, and all the police are surrounding him by the oceanside, the music at the point really moved me.

I've watched "toward the within" about 67 million times now, it never ceases to amaze me. Her dulcimer playing really grabs me and her voice is just out of this world.

Tom Waits is the man.. Did anyone else watch "night on earth" on the abc when they were sposed to be filling out their census? Great movie. Jim Jarmusch film, Tom Waits soundtrack.

Ok, lets drop names...

#Steve Reich - All his stuff, specially his remixed Cd called Reich Remixed

#Add n to X

#Primal Scream -'Screamadelica' only, i dont like the other stuff)

#Kundun - Soundtrack

#Coldcut/Dj Krush - ColdKrushCuts

#Celtic Cross - Hicksville

#The Tea Party - Edges of twighlight

#The Doors

#Digable Planets - Blowout Comb. Really nice mellow, melodic, jazzy hip hop

#Vince Jones - maybe its just coz my parents played it alot when i was younger, but i think hes great. Vince jones is a trumpeter/vocalist, really nice jazz, incidentally hes apparently got a residency at the harbourside brasserie every friday night.

For those of you who spend much time in sydney city, if you walkthrough broadway tunnel a few times, you're sure to run into one of two asian grandpa guys who play a two stringed instrument with a bow. Lots of people hate these guys but i think they r great, stop and have a listen one time.

I think they are so cool that i thught about asking them into the studio with me to record on some tracks. Im unsure if they speak english very well though frown.gif

I really fell into a state of lifeless neglect last year. I was like in between houses, living in a rented house and felt like I was in some kind of limbo. I fell into neglect, my humble collection fell into neglect. I lost interest in my little hobby music studio. Lost a couple rare cds and vinyl too because I wasn't paying attention, my Young American Primitive Cd frown.gif I am really dependent on stability. I am sort of starting to get back into the swing of things slowly, even bought some music lately.

I am buying a little vinyl and a few cd's now and then. I don't tend to buy stuff, if I don't know exactly what I want. I hate sitting in record stores trying to find new vinyl through crappy headphones. I need a set of proper speakers to guage my music, I can't do it with headphones, just me I guess.

I did buy an Electrolux Compilation on vinyl but it wasn't that crash hot.I also bought 4 cd's including a spare Delerium<>Karma cd and a couple Future Sound of London cd's all stuff I know though frown.gif

Music is my passion, good music is just so hard to find. I keep brainstorming ways to enhance my ability to learn about new music. I know there is some way to take advantage of the internet, to bring interested parties together and get some serious knowledge swapping happening. There has to be a way to bring all respective parties in and get some really direct music swapping happening, get those serious old sounds back in circulation, off vinyl and into mp3 and so on.

I would pay Dj's and collectors to show me their shiznit and let me go into a recording studio to digitize the vinyl. Get it back in circulation take all the *&^(ing elitism out of it.

So frustrating, I was searching for a record all day today, off the Plink Plonk Record Label. I can't get any soundbites of course, of the specific track I want, I can't find any mention of it anywhere and I can't find it second hand. I know exactlyt where it is to, it is sitting in an old friends collection gathering dust, my amphetamine addict friends collection the one with whom I had to break contact with. The universe loves to play me for all I am worth.

I just been racking my brain all day thinking about finding slick new grooves, and I am left with that same materalistic madness that sets in when I don't know where to start and have no options. smile.gif I have been scanning all over the net, finding all my old 2nd hand record stores and web sites involving music, trying to get some new inspirations.

I swear if it wasn't for the fact that I am crazy enough to beleive I have the ability to create the basis of long lasting philosophical system, I would be so music orientated. I have had so much doubt in myself lately. Then I might have a conversation with someone, somewhere and I realize how clear it all seems to me, how right it will be if I can get a foothold in the world. I just don't know what to beleive sometimes, my life seems so surreal. How am I supposed to tell the line between fantasy and reality when my ambitions and drives are so abstract?

Reality is such a strange place. Sometimes, I just stand there and think theres no way I can be for real, surely I can not be serious about what I am saying, on these forums. I swear, in an incomprehensibly impossible to fathom universe, in which we continue to keep existing against all rational explanation, surely nothing I say is any more insane then what the next person is saying.

I was having a chat to someone at Starbucks today and I was talking about philosophy. I started to go into my planet, star, galaxy, science related to religion thing, weaving all that shit together that I weave and taking it beyond, it just felt so right. It felt like the kind of right you get when the universe itself, everything in it that it encompasses and everything beyond, had come into it's own consensus because your not lying to yourself or to others. It is like pointing up to a perfect blue sky, toward the future and knowing that is the right way.

I just wish I knew if I am for real or not.

"I take the most transcendental aspects of everything I have seen and experienced, I hold this in the palm of my hand and I unify it. To me this is religion."

?SaToriBluE?

[This message has been edited by ?SaToriBluE? (edited 12 August 2001).]

Hi there everyone

I'm in the Brisbane area, and am wondering if there is anywhere I can get my hands on some Shpongle. Any other way than ordering online?

Also, has anyone heard the score by Tomoyasu Hotei and Ray Cooper for the Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas soundtrack? It's incredible! Does anyone know if they've done anything like this before and where to get it?

Any help very much appreciated smile.gif

I ordered it from my local cd store, took almost a year! best to order it online or get someone with a burner to copy it for ya.

peace

i just need to add Soulfly

to my list as i was listening

to them today wink.gif

and a few times i found myself

in a trance-like state biggrin.gif

also i'm looking into programs

thhat make it possible to copy

music that has been downloaded

onto your computer onto blank cd's

thus cutting out the need to buy

music cd's cool.gif

i'll keep u posted

by the way, is anyone else going to the

Infected Mushroom concert on Sep. 28?

psycho0

PsychoO,

Where are Infected Mushroom playing?

And where would i get tickets?

Being,

A friend of mine bought 'are you shpongled' from HMV in the city (sydney). I think in pitt street mall. Ring around some different dance/trance stores or just ask a shop to order it for you...maybe central station records. You shouldnt hafta order it online tho. I would burn it for you but for some reason my copy wont burn without jumping badly.

they are playing at Bliss in Melbourne

(not quite sure where that is yet)

September 28th

you can buy tickets online http://www.earthcore.com.au/shop/tickets.html

i think its a limited number

i ordered mine last nite still

waiting for my confirmation email

hope to see some of you there as

i'll be going by myself!

psycho0

Guest blue tongue dragon

in our collective, creating music is seen as necessary to the complete development of an individual.We are encouraged to use technology to manipulate sounds to create multi-dimensional textures in rythmical geometric patterns to induce trance states.ok its aussie psi-trance-doof-breaks-etc ...ill let ya have an exclusive mp3 if ya email...oh yeah its based on entheogenic experiences its 3am outdoor

Guest blue tongue dragon

psi-trance doof hard acid energy labels..... space-tribe,dragon-fly,matsuri productions psy harmonics,digital psionics,blue room ,space shiva.....acts hallucinagen man with no name the infinity project blue tongue dragon

Guest shapeshifter

Yes I too can recommend Blue Tongue Dragon - get an MP3 and check this one out - he's very talented

Thanks everyone very much for their help. Thank you Whiterabbit for the offer also smile.gif I’m calling around a few places today, wish me luck!

Oh and on the subject of tripping music I most definitely recommend ‘Felt Mountain’ by Goldfrapp

well, last night on rage they had the clip

of Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy

very trippy and excellent clip smile.gif

Have you heard Tori's new album 'Strange Little Girls' yet, Satoriblue??

BEN FROST!!! or trentemoller defiantly for those DMT/ psilocybin goers!!

Flying lotus, aphex twin, wagon christ and squarepusher for acid!!!

Pendulum and Simian Mobile Disco for going out.

venitian snares, 16Bit and bjork are good to freak people out with haha!

I think that Psych music is over played when tripping, Living on a prayer - Bon Jovi blew me to pieces and reassembled me once

That's why bogans love it! They're all going through their own mini-apocalypse! This is a most highly devotional prayer sung as a one harmonious choir in the holy church of the local pub.

Ive been a bogan all along?

You just living on a prayered me Dude