The Corroboree
Schitztrip

Stoner/Tripping Music....

Guest Hyper-SpaceCowboy
Originally posted by SOUTHERNER:

ahhhhhhhh the sweet sound of silence

"something about silence makes me sick"-RATM

Check out 'The Last Poets' an older African influenced band. Lots of gooood drumming and chanting. unfortunately quite racist, but hey

dave tarrida....paranoid again...out now at places that sell good tech,on tresor don't know if it's on cd but it's really good,mike dearborn did some good gary numan last year that you could probably get as djax put alot of things back out about this long after the first release,also out now though best of directional force{dave clarke]90-93 on sonic groove if you like it

enough to pay more than $1 a minute...

you dare to question my authoritah?

Audiogalaxy is best for individual hard to find songs. Havn't tried Morpheous or Kazaa. Nothing compares as far as I know to the pre RIAA napster days. Nothing comes close in the ease of use and variety and scale as Napster once did. Audiogalaxy has been the next best thing since Napster because you have a chance of finding all that difficult to find music like Hooverphonic, Aural Float, Beaumont Hannant, and so on. You can still use Napigator to get onto the un cencored open nap servers but you still don't get anywhere near the selection of audiogalaxy.

Woot I picked up a copy of Global Communication 76:14 on vinyl smile.gif

audiogalaxy doesnt work for me, also doesnt work for many of my friends frown.gif

does look very good though

Guest shapeshifter

Psycheldic Trance

Tyoshi Suzuki

Portishead

Stone Roses

Loreena McKennett

Aphex twin - Come to daddy- Window licker.

Unkle- Rabbit in your headlights,The guy who keeps gettin run over in the tunnel looks like he is on PCP

Snog - The Human Germ

Backyard Dog - Baddest Ruffest

[This message has been edited by MOJORISIN (edited 29 July 2001).]

hey mojo, I was gonna say something about that Unkle film clip, it was on Rage the other night, very cool! One of the best film clips I've seen. It starts to get funny like the 5th time he gets run over wink.gif.

Windowlicker film clip is also very shmick wink.gif.

Yeah Rage had some rippers this weekend

Some more goodies,

James - Getting away with it(All messed up)

These guys sound a bit like Placebo!

The Avalanches - Frontier Psychiatrist

(U.K. version)

The Horrorist - One Night In NYC

BTW,Kazaa Rocks.

Better than Napster hands down.

[This message has been edited by MOJORISIN (edited 30 July 2001).]

Guest cloudspirit

Although some of the tunes are a bit odd, there are some songs by "Rusted Root" which make them a must own for the shaman's music bin. Just a thought. I saw them live and was totally blown away.

Primus - Wyona's Big Brown Beaver

Fatboy Slim - Demons

NIN - The Perfect Drug

r a few more good clips

Not a video clip but the music sequence in the movie, "the Big Lebowski" where he is bowling is rather amusing and somewhat trippy... Good movie alltogether actually, as are most Coen brothers efforts

Guest Trichus

The film clip to "Planet Caravan"- (Pantera version) is pure eye candy.

Schism by Tool is good (from the bits Ive seen of it).

David Hudson (Australian didjeridu player)has some unreal albums including Yigi Yigi, Woolunda (just him on the didj) and Didjeralia (didj/ percussion)- you really need them (especially the last one )played loud on a clear and bassy stereo.

An American, Stephen Kent is also very good. "Energiser" is a good track if you are unfamiliar with the didj.

"Ripple" by The Grateful Dead (or maybe just Jerry Garcia) is a beautiful song.

Some Morcheeba (bits of "Fragments of Freedom" and "Who Can You Trust") makes for great relaxing doobie music.

And of course, the one and only, Bob Marley. IMO, the album "Uprising" is maybe THE album to smoke a joint to.

I forgot to mention Tuvan throat singing- if you like didj (if youre sane) chances are youll like this.

[This message has been edited by Trichus (edited 06 August 2001).]

trichus whats Tuvan throat singing?

it sounds interesting

i was listening to david hudson in the airport the other day while i was waiting to boardd,and yes i was bored,i hate airports.

anyway i was just standing there with it as loud as it could go on those select a cd machines ,it wasnt that loud but loud enogh.

i closed my eyes and sort of drifted in ,it was pretty cool when the track finished i came back to and the lights were bright and a few people were lookin at me strange.

gota laugh at those sort of people.

dont know why im typing this besides to say ,yeh hudson is good didj!

Guest si

spiraleyes,

if you'd like to learn more about tuvan music visit this website www.fotuva.org (friends of tuva). A nice introduction into Tuvan music is the album 'Tuva: Voices from the Center of Asia'. The soundtrack to the movie 'Kundun' also has a mixture of throat singing blended with traditional Tibetan instruments (a little westernised though).

There was on program on sbs a couple of weeks back entitled 'Genghis Blues', not sure whether it'll be on again but definitely worth seeing.

iRiNi

sI

Trichus mentioned the schism film clip, I saw that for the first time on rage very late one night while on dxm, it totally tripped me out something shocking, that film clip is f##ken evil.

On the other hand the 'get up, stand up' film clip by Bob Marley is one of the greatest of all time, and it's just him on stage!

"Ripple" by The Grateful Dead (or maybe just Jerry Garcia) is a beautiful song.

when covered by Jane's Addiction, that song becomes perfect smile.gif

TRICKY!

His new albumn 'blowback' goes off!

I've just been downloading some mp3's, 'Hell is around the corner' wit Tricky & Portishead, very nice... youz ave probably heard 'Evolution Revolution Love' on JJJ lately, also very cool.

Anyone seen Regurigator on their Aust. tour yet?

Wot about 'Machine gun fellatio', a friend of mine is gonna try e at their concert for the first time, their fcken crazy bastards, I cant wait wink.gif.

This page has grown since I last contributed. Some nice suggestions wira. "White noise - an electric storm" sounds like the perfect medium for sensory overload spilling out into synaesthesia. My favourite noise artist would have to be Merzbow - unsurpassed. Paul Wroths "god please f@#k my mind for good 1000 000% distortion mix" off the its dark in here CD-R comes close. The character behind black lung and soma does some nice work.

Single cell orchestra, S.Blue - off the serotonin label is it not - do you know where this stuff can be purchased? I remember once hearing a slightly modified version of FSOL's cascade ie not the track off the CD, perhaps that was the one to which you refer. Any opinions on dead cities? a bit darker than the usual stuff, and harder to identify the thread holding it together. Still works well though.

I'm surprised Jonah Sharp has not been mentioned yet - so many wonderfull albums - emit ecaps and sea biscuit (astralwerks label) are CDs worth having a listen too (under the space time continuum guise). He's also worked on many collaborations. One album I've tried to hunt down over the years is Electroharmonics by J sharp and Tetsui Nui. I believe its on the harvest label. Looking on the inside cover of the Sea Biscuit CD recently, I noticed that Sharp sends special thanks to Terrence Mckenna (worked with on Alien Dreamtime CD) and someone by the name of Dr Arthur Hoffman. I'm just starting to piece together a puzzle which has been gnawing at me for some time. In the Alien Dream Time CD McKenna, when talking about DMT, says "as I was a graduate of Dr Hoffman's at the time I figured there were no surprises here . . ." I remember first hearing this statement and thinking - hang on - what's Terrence McKenna learnt off Albert Hoffman. I guess it must be a different Hoffman afterall. Does anyone know about this character? - what does he lecture in?

Legion of Green Men, Richie Hawtins FUSE series (future underground sound experiments) are also nice but impossible to find. The most mellow stuff I've heard recently would be off the Involve label out of New Zealand. You can imagine how much luck I've had trying to get this stuff into Perth through retail music outlets although we do have some very good suppliers over here.

Speedy J aka Jochem Paaps, The Detroit Escalator Company, Arovane, Monolake, Bill Laswell, Russ Gabriel - all nice stuff.

Enjoy

what's Terrence McKenna learnt off Albert Hoffman. I guess it must be a different Hoffman afterall. Does anyone know about this character? - what does he lecture in?

can i can i? wink.gif

Albert Hoffman discovered LSD-25