The Corroboree
Torsten

Qld additions to drug schedules. 5HTP now an illegal drug

Just when I thought the stupidity in Qld couldn't get any worse they go and schedule the health food 5HTP as a 'dangerous drug'.

Lots of other new ones on there too. Most were previously covered by the analogues clause anyway, but if you want a list of new things to try then this is a good place to start looking ;)

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/SLS/2013/13SL041.pdf

N-(1-Adamantyl)-1-pentyl-indazole-3-carboxamide (APINACA or AKB48)
Alpha-Pyrrolidinovalerophenone (alpha-PVP)
2-Aminoindane
6-(2-Aminopropyl)benzofuran (6-APB)
1-Butyl-3-(2-methoxybenzoyl)indole (RCS-4(C4) 2-methoxy isomer)
[3-(3-Carbamoylphenyl)phenyl] N-cyclohexylcarbamate (URB-597)
Cyclohexyl [1,1'-biphenyl]-3-ylcarbamate (URB-602)
Desoxypipradrol (2-DPMP)
1,3-Dimethylamylamine (DMAA or methylhexanamine)
1-(5-Fluoropentyl)-3-(1-adamantylamido)indole (STS-135)
(1-(5-Fluoropentyl)-indol-3-yl)-(2,2,3,3-tetramethylcyclopropyl)methanone (XLR-11; 5-Fluoro UR-144)
1-(5-Fluoropentyl)-3-(4-methyl-1-naphthoyl)indole (5-Fluoro JWH-122)
5-Hydroxy tryptophan (5-HTP)
4-Hydroxy-N-methyl-N-ethyltryptamine (4-HO-MET)
Methiopropamine
Methoxetamine
N-(2-Methoxybenzyl)-2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromophenethylamine (25B-NBOMe)
N-(2-Methoxybenzyl)-2,5-dimethoxy-4-chlorophenethylamine (25C-NBOMe)
N-(2-Methoxybenzyl)-2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodophenethylamine (25I-NBOMe)
5-Methoxy-N,N-diallyltryptamine (5-MeO-DALT)
5,6-Methylenedioxy-2-aminoindane (MDAI)
3,4-Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)
4-Methylethylcathinone (4-MEC)
1-[(N-Methylpiperidin-2-yl)methyl]-3-(1-adamantoyl)indole (AM-1248)
1-[(N-Methylpiperidin-2-yl)methyl]-3-(2-iodobenzoyl)indole (AM-2233)
1-[(N-Methylpiperidin-2-yl)methyl]-3-(4-methyl-1-naphthoyl)indole (MAM-1220)
1-[(N-Methylpiperidin-2-yl)methyl]-3-(1-naphthoyl)indole (AM-1220)
Naphthylpyrovalerone (Naphyrone)
1-Pentyl-3-(1-adamantoyl)indole (AB-001)
(1-Pentylindol-3-yl)-(2,2,3,3-tetramethylcyclopropyl)methanone (UR-144)
1-Pentyl-3-(2-methoxybenzoyl)indole (RCS-4 (2-methoxy isomer))
Phenazepam

bummer, 5-htp was one of the only prescriptions, which helped my conditions.

I don't understand this at all, is it a pre cursor?

but how can we be surprised, if we live in a country, were even an adult is not allowed to, let off, a small fire work???

almost every country allows you to drink alcohol in puplic, but not Australia, Australia is treating it's citizens like children.

• Like 4

Is this effective immediately or do we have a grace period? I am also a 5-HTP user it helps with depression. For me this is far superior to ssri's

Is this effective immediately or do we have a grace period? I am also a 5-HTP user it helps with depression. For me this is far superior to ssri's

and you can take it only when needed!

ssri's are crap, at least for me, they make you sick and cause impotance and your doc say's keep taking them, wtf? sceletium is much better, but as well I would not like taking it, everyday...

i thought the qld government was going on a deregulation blitz?

or is that just for companies that can afford their own politician?

• Like 2

Since it's state level we can buy it interstate and continue to take it at our own risk (although I don't currently take it myself, it's too damn expensive and I can't be arsed sourcing powder). I guess this makes griffonia plants and seeds illegal too, good to know the list is growing :BANGHEAD2:

This has to have been a legislative slip up that will be rapidly fixed, given that 5-htp was an S3-type product available by first talking with a naturopath type person only. There would have been an uproar from health professionals had there been a deliberate move to get 5-HTP off the shelves, surely... I haven't heard about any of this through pharmacist friends for example.

Also, I cannot think of anything for which 5-htp would be a particularly convenient precursor. It's close to serotonin obviously, but that's no fun directly.

Loosely speaking what are the schedules in QLD? One list of molecules and life forms for which they just take you out the back with a shottie, and another for which a more grandiose public spectacle is deemed necessary? :scratchhead:

yay, less freedom in our country...

• Like 1

post-9715-0-74817400-1366196014_thumb.jp

post-9715-0-74817400-1366196014_thumb.jpg

post-9715-0-74817400-1366196014_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

muskrat - if you open the link you can see the dates. The laws came into effect on the 5th.

Dr Vera is still selling 5HTP on their website, so obviously no one told them. I did today.

No, i don't think this is an error. I mean, it is stupid and probably some misunderstanding about how effective it is, but I don't think it will be undone.

time for a 5-htp rally, let's march to government house and all take some 5-htp.

but, as well taking the new laws (see the other thread)in consideration, I somehow feel, that no judge wants to come across as stupid.

so I doubt it than anybody will ever receive a quilty verdict for consuming or possessing 5-htp!

some judges are stupid (remember the judge thinking, the stronger or more harmful a drug is, the harder it must be to grow)but most of them would not agree with those stupid laws anyway.

Hmmm surely one can contact the department of justice and ask for any record of reasons behind the 5htp scheduling. There must be some advisory committee set up....

Their response has been that they 'take schedulings very seriously and have their best scientists making these decisions'. But that's all they would disclose. Don't worry, there are people working on this as it is too good an opportunity to pass up. we even know where they copied the error from - ie no science involved other than plagiarism [which is more of an art form than a science ;) ].

• Like 5

In defense of the qld government decision I have been a regular user of 5HTP for a couple of years now and since i started taking it I have found myself reading more and my recall is better, I also feel happier on my 5HTP week and have more energy and motivation

I'm sure the last thing our society needs is a whole lot of happy, energetic motivated people running around reading and remembering stuff- what if they started thinking for themselves.

• Like 7

As these contain things 5-htp will the Government prohibiting brown rice sales, for example, in case we get exposed to this dangerous 5-htp stuff? (thanks aumbrellaforainydays from mycotopia for the list)

Griffonia simplicia,
valerian,
Bacopa,
Ashwagandha,
Evening primrose,
walnuts,
hickory nuts,
brown rice,
peanuts,
sesame seeds,
bananas, plantain,
avocados,
kiwi,
plum,
tomatoes,
yopo

It appears that none of these laws are based on logic, reasoning or common sense. How do you go about tackling this issue? There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, other than to have control over states of mind. Control over money was had back in tho 70's so it can't be about that. I'm not a politically minded person, so this sort of thing baffles me to no end...

I'm very curious about how we can remain optimistic about de-regulation and increasing personal freedoms. When for instance a drug such as refined sugar which wreaks havoc on societies health, being worse than alcohol, creates huge monetary burdens, isn't regulated. Of course, the current geographic map owes it's history in part to the politics of sugar 1-200 years ago (Canada, Trinidad, and the English and French). So how does this all work? The TGA and customs are intertwined and work closely together. On the TGA board sits, I gather to estimate, "experts" from various pharmaceutical companies. In the good old fashioned sense of journalism, I wish it was possible for someone to "follow the money trail" and find out what's going on... Like with Kava for instance... Thankfully a group of herbalists in Canada managed to have kava removed from the scheduled list - don't know who or how but they had their own links to their equivalent of the TGA. Sadly I don't have much faith in a positive future for natural remedies and the right to self-prescribe in Australia, but I am interested in what we can do to make small positive changes. Back to the original point. If it makes you healthy, that takes money out of the sick-medical system. If it makes you sick, great, it's legal. Any great ideas?

When help gets hindered, its sad news once again,, yet, we were a penal colony, therefore still? get treated that way :-( when you're young you get told to grow up, act ur age,, but when we get to exercise our rights as an adult, we get treated like children. Backwards in the 'guise of "our best interest" (insert Suicidal Tendencies-Institutionalised lyrics here)....

• Like 1

If you ban enough things, you make everyone into a criminal. Makes you wonder if that isn't the objective all along. More grist to the prison industrial complex (well, for those who can't afford a lawyer)

Vitex, I suspect it's less about turning people into criminals and more about maintaining a sick population, because healthcare is business with a model of creating, maintaining, and keeping people sick. Big Pharma have connections to food giants. PhD students are funded by these companies to impregnate their doctrine into their mindsets. Banning healthy substances is less about keeping people safe and more about preventing them from choosing to heal thyself. Of course, if you're a sprout munching raw milk drinkin' organic hippy, yes, you would be a criminal in their eyes. Shame on you for thinking you can eat wholesome real food directly from the earth without it being subjected to chemical treatment, pasteurization, green washing, etc. I think everyone should (anonymously) call the TGA and demand answers as to why it's banned... see what we can find out not about this specific issue but rather about the culture behind what's happening - because now you can bet there will be something next... and what's next, in Canada they tried to make it illegal to self-prescribe vitamin-C... there's no limit to the radical nature of their motive, only the restraint of time. Since we keep giving a finger, and not caring, eventually we'll loose our arms. Thoughts?

i think most actually believe its for the greater good, no choice for us, but thats because they think we shouldnt have one.

with some of these RC's becoming legal in NZ and weed being legal, is beyond a joke , crazy arse world.

some places are moving forward and i guess its not so much shock and horror drugs are being used,as most people have tried them. its more common more accessible, and legislation is getting closer, certainly not fast enough but, i think its a lot more brighter then before.

new additions, and drum roll for new drugs coming out, its not like it hasnt been happening for decades now, no pattern at at all ban MDMA get MDA ban that then get 2cb then 2ci eventually now 25i-nbome and 25b-nbome, its a pandora's box. Some nasty Rc's have come out MDPV being the main one that twists people off in no time at all from what ive read. But then again lots of the psychedelics are amazing the stim side and empathy ones tend to be pretty negative, some really nice ones in there as well, which i could travel and get some 4fa. ALso a little bit scary some of the opiod rc's out there have heard its weakish in effects similar but better the codiene, dont think its too potent i dont know, just read it on erowid but im sure there would be a ton of potent fent analogues and others. big market for a varity of RC's especially in steroids as these would be profitable for labs as im sure a market with lots of money would be interested. anyhow ramble finish, hope i was on topic

• Like 1

also with the banned substances i wonder if branded products get through?

branded products versus named products?