The Corroboree
Bigred

Voynich manuscript

They didn't have TV back then. My guess is that some enterprising and creative soul really enjoyed designing something which would take the piss out of historians in centuries to come

• Like 4

I first came across this after seeing it mentioned in Ilium by Dan Simmons (which is an awesome book).

Eat fungus - become as God is - read book.

Mystery solved.

• Like 1

or maybe a time traveling saber

• Like 2

or maybe a time traveling saber

Now that is a paradox I would like to watch resolve itself. Beware of closed time-like loops! (This is not my first temporal anomaly :wink: )

Yeah my bad, this whole time line was my mistake. but it could be a guide to endangered and extinct plants and how they are

useful. Maybe we will never know . Or i can just make something up and put it on the net Alex Jones style.

Pretty interesting snipets of history in this talk.

Good background noise if anyones interested.

• Like 1

For those who don't have 40mins to listen to Terrance, here's the general gist of it, from what i could gather anyway.

So supposedly one guy managed to make some sense of it, and it wasnt a code, but an artificial language, with gramatical structures and rules, possibly based on welsh, although combining aspects from high german and french.

It seemed to largely revolve around the worship of the Egyptian Goddess Isis. All of the botanical drawings involved symbols related to Isis and apparently it was some kind of instruction manual for assisting death.

• Like 1

Good background noise if anyones interested.

Hmm the background noises are good but the images are even better, right?! :P

Leo Levitov's theory, which is discussed at the end of the McKenna audio, is that it is a manual for the endura, a rite supposedly practised by the cathar faith in the 12th and 13th century. Catharism was a heresy on Christianity, and therefore I guess they were keen to hide their beliefs from the church to prevent its destruction. Catharism seems to have some similarity to Gnosticism in that they believe the god of the Old Testament was satan, and that the world of matter was created by satan to entrap the soul of 'man'.

It is an interesting theory, I am not sure though. 12th century seems too old for the style. A lot of weirdness was created in the latter medieval peRiod, claiming to have old origins, such as rosacrucinism. Even if it is it legit it is a fascinating object that has catalysed much contemplation, speculation and even cryptography methods - maybe that was the authors intention in the first place.

Edited by ∂an
  • Like 1

interesting indeed...

I discussed it minimally with self proclaimed "high up" Rose Croix guy not too long ago, he didn't say much but just the fact that there was some interest told me it was worth the time to look into it... but just ran into alot of dead ends in regards to any usable information

I really think one of the flowers in there was a Blue Lotus but couldn't be too sure... there is ALOT of speculation that this was a fraud as well as the history of selling the manuscript is fairly extensive... there is no solid evidence that goes either way from what I understand... alot of stuff like this has secrets held within thick walls of esoteric societies... I know for example, that one organization which will not be named, has the initiates drink a substance out of a skull and this substance allows them to see reality for what it is, it is said... perhaps the book was never meant to be decoded, or a dummy version was made public to prevent abuse from rogue groups which was a common factor in those daze.. the most interesting theory I've heard yet is that another manuscript was required, or some kind of decoder that made the language make sense, rendering that copy useless without the other part.. which may have been from Mckennas vid I can't remember for sure..

I really enjoyed Mckennas vid and will probably hear it again with a meal or something

Im interested in pretty much anything that is shrouded in mystery :D

Sorry but I feel the need to insert that becoming as God is, is WAY more challenging than eating fungus. I look at God

as sort of a process rather than an entity with a personality and I Shy away from the term God because of how it is misused

by the mass religions, particularly to demonize anything that threatens the business.. but yeah I think one can experience

the God Mind but i've seen it being described as much like an orgasm.. Only the highly skilled and devoted adepts can

maintain that experience any longer than they can hold an orgasm.

Edited by Spine Collector

@ bogfrog that is interesting... I know not alot about those days but I know they didn't look at death entirely the same and that it was commonly perceived in some cultures that one could return from death.. so I wonder if there were some ancient methods there which where for the purpose of simulating death or similarly in shamanic cultures, allowing one to communicate with other worlds... I however believe the only elements necessary for that is wisdom, knowledge, and the mind, though some plants can be helpful in deconstructing egotistical obstacles