The Corroboree
opiumfreak

Amanita Muscaria

^ Make sure you do your research though... don't just pick them and eat them like other fungi..... but i am sure your aware of this?!.

Photos are always appreciated (but post them in the Mycology sub-forum) :)

Smoking 30 cigarettes in one go will make you hallucinate too. Doesn't mean it'll be fun...

Also, they AREN'T legal. At least not in Australia.

• Like 2

topic starter, please post in the right forum!

moved to myco.

wats with these fucken herbal hippy shops selling these in oz when theyre completely illegal I really don't understand this

its worse than them all selling their illegal "herbal" smoke

I've never seen this myself but was told by one person they were in one of the shops in perth

and my mate who is travelling around oz told me like 2 days ago that he saw them in the happy herbal shop in nimbin

he was there just last week

do people turn into retards when they run these shops its as if they all want to go to jail

Bertrand

Is the OP a troll?

• Like 1

When i lived in a country where this was legal and sold in hippy shops, as a young guy, I purchased an oz of this mushroom and with no idea and no instruction went home and ate the whole bag. What happened after that was 30 hours of hell! Please do not mess with this mushroom unless you know what your doing. Especially in Europe where very similar look alikes grow.

• Like 3

Is the OP a troll?

lol! he does post some very unusual things.

I didnt think they were illeagle to grow or own so long as you dont intent to consume them?

When i lived in a country where this was legal and sold in hippy shops, as a young guy, I purchased an oz of this mushroom and with no idea and no instruction went home and ate the whole bag. What happened after that was 30 hours of hell! Please do not mess with this mushroom unless you know what your doing. Especially in Europe where very similar look alikes grow.

What do you mean by hell? I havent got anything but positive effects

wats with these fucken herbal hippy shops selling these in oz when theyre completely illegal I really don't understand this

Settle down dude, why would you care less about what hippies sell in their herbal hippy shops? Seriously, there is so much more worthwhile causes in this life to get your nickers all in a knot about.

What do you mean by hell? I havent got anything but positive effects

A mad case of cold sweats, constant nausea & vomiting and just feeling like complete shit in general. Basically all the same symptoms youd expect from a serious case of food poisoning.

Apparently, putting them in the oven eliminates the negative effects, but I dont personally think roasting Australian A.Muscarias is a terribly effective method for eliminating all the negative effects. I have read that the European A.Muscaria is less toxic than the one that grow in Australia.

Anyway, if I were in a place where it was legal to consume, I would not waste my time on A.Muscaria, not if I had access to A.Pantherina, which I have heard can produce some awesome visuals without the horrible side effects that resemble a case of food poisoning.

• Like 1

Settle down dude, why would you care less about what hippies sell in their herbal hippy shops? Seriously, there is so much more worthwhile causes in this life to get your nickers all in a knot about.

no one has thier nickers in a not

im asking a question why are they risking it and how the hell are they getting away with it

no one has thier nickers in a not

im asking a question why are they risking it and how the hell are they getting away with it

Dream Pillows. Not for human consumption.

To me this arguement is on par with supermarkets & hardware stores selling metho without a liquor license. Ingestion is not at all recomended but sure enough it's gonna happen anyway. Just don't sell them to kids. Adults should be free to make their own decisions.

• Like 1

wat the hell how do you get that from what I said

2 very different things there its got nothing to do with consumption

as far as I know amanita muscaria is illegal

wouldn't this be classified as selling a class A drug ?

a hardware store is not breaking laws selling metho

or have I got this all wrong are they not breaking any laws by selling them ?

I am sure they were just for decorative purposes, they are a fantastic looking mushroom after all

wat the hell how do you get that from what I said

2 very different things there its got nothing to do with consumption

as far as I know amanita muscaria is illegal

wouldn't this be classified as selling a class A drug ?

a hardware store is not breaking laws selling metho

or have I got this all wrong are they not breaking any laws by selling them ?

This is from NSW Dept. of Health. I have worked in the homeless sector for 10 years mostly in Far North QLD where these same regulations apply however many business operatosr still capitalise on desperate alcoholics by knowingly selling them metho for consumption yet consistently evade conviction. The argument used is it's the individual who is at fault.
IMPROPER SUPPLY
It is an offence under the Regulation for any person to sell
a scheduled poison classified as-
(a)
a medicine, in a quantity or for a purpose, that does not
accord with the
recognised therapeutic standard of what is appropriate in the circumstances,
or
( B)
other than a medicine, for a purpose other than that stated on the container or
for a purpose other than that for which it is normally used.
This means that every person who sells scheduled poisons has an obligation to
ensure that they do not sell a product or a quantity of a product to a person, knowing
that the person intends or is likely to use it other than for a purpose or in a way that it
is meant to be used or is normally used. If a doubt exists, the seller has the right and
an obligation to refuse to sell the product(s) in those circumstances. Particular
examples might be, selling pain killers, methylated spirits, paint thinners etc knowing

that they are going to be misused or abused

Why the hell did point b come out as an emoticon?

Edited by muskrat

:scratchhead:

im really confused by your argument I get what your saying and im not argueing if its true or no I believe your right

however this has nothing to do with a hardware store selling metho

and wether its illegal for them to sell it to someone they think is going to drink it

my point is as far as I know muscimol is a class A drug

if I was to go out and pick amanita muscaria dry them out and sell them and never once state that they are a hallucinogenic drug

and that they could be consumed

im pretty sure im still selling an illegal drug wich is an offence

I wonder if Amanita's have the ability to hyper-accumulate heavy metals like Arsenic, Mercury, Lead or Cadmium. Given that they are mycorrhizal...

• Like 1

To answer the second question first, it's probably just a matter of time. It's quite stupid selling something that dangerous (if they are, and its the first I've heard of it) and it may just be an idiot employee taking cash on the side, risking the business itself unfortunately.

you may be right there maybe it is some idiot employee

unless they are somehow under the impression that they aren't classed as a magic mushroom because they don't contain psilocybin

I guess what I'm trying to say that if it's OK to turn a blind eye to one retailer that's helping fuck up someones life then I feel that it is OK to turn a blind eye to a retailer that's just helping someone fuck up their day.

As a society we seem to feel as though we have the right to dictate where to lay blame all dependant on how a situation directly affects ourselves our values or our ethics. As a multicultural society this approach is destined to fail because these points of reference vary widely & not only between cultures but also individuals.

(This is not targeted at anyone here. Just my final rant on this topic)

You're all awesome

Muskrat