The Corroboree
incognito

nth korea....

hmmm, there is no threat from china.

i think you need to review your understanding of global relations,

• Like 1

I think you need to read between the lines, while i respect your opinion i personally feel that this is an exoteric and esoterical situation, i belive we are being entertained with one hand while the other steals our wallet, im aware of current global relations and still feel that we are all being played, but time will tell, i hope i am wrong, hope for the best prepare for the worst i always say

i still want to know what the "china threat" is,

please, spell it our for me

They are the the alpha and omega wen it comes to uncertainty, we know very little of what they get up to, what their intentions are, and what they are capable of, they are one of the most secretive countries in the world, if there was any country we should worry about it is China, they have to much to lose sitting still and to much to gain from acting, like i said i hope i am wrong, but if im not this is simply a scapegoat for a greater feud to evolve from, a platform if you will, similar to the whole Weapons Of Mass Destruction deal from america, China just knows it cant beat the whole world, so it needs to play its cards well with a strong poker face so they can wriggle their way through, all it will take is one mistake, and think of the many in Afghanistan, and they will have what they need to start something real

wow,

you need to take a step back, and look at china in the greater global economy,

and stop looking at them through the western media's eyes, which it is quite obvious you are,

• Like 4

personally id be more worried about New Zealand and even if NK launched a attack the rocket would get probably

30 seconds into flight before it got shot down. IMHO I think its more a stunt to his people more than the world

There is no economic advantage what so ever for china to start a war with any major power or the allies. Anyone who states china is a threat is just suffering from paranoia, probably induced by racism and an extreme lack of understanding international politics.

North Korea is just simply playing the noisy wheel in an attempt to be noticed and get the grease. No mystery there.

• Like 3

What grease is in threatening to bomb the us??

I'm not paranoid nor racist I find these comvos interesting a f educational. I don't watch the news, nor tv for that matter. All my exposure to the news is the occasional daily telegraph and snippets from the net. Majority of it I learn about by word of mouth hence why I want to know what's going on.

personally id be more worried about New Zealand and even if NK launched a attack the rocket would get probably

30 seconds into flight before it got shot down. IMHO I think its more a stunt to his people more than the world

good point. unlike the ICBM's that everyone up until india and pakistan has, shorter range missiles can be shot down if you're lucky and happen to have a phalanx-gun or similar in the right spot at the right time (maybe replaced by metal storm now).

here's an idea north korea, become a real country.

The only concern I would have about North Korea would be if it kicked off a wider conflict, but at this stage I think that's highly unlikely. China's main weapon is it's economy (and sheer numbers of foot soldiers) but it won't risk it's economic growth and importance overseas by going up against the US, unless it becomes a battle over who has primacy over NK soil should they actually try anything and its decided to invade to sort things out. Even then, I would suspect that it would be the SK/US Alliance that wins that, for now, and China pushing diplomatic channels hard enough to win yet more trade concessions.

As Bigred said tho, it's likely another stunt pulled to their own people to prove their own strength and supremacy; it's unlikely many NK people know what's really happening in the rest of the world so it would probably work.

The people who are most likely to suffer, and it seems they have been for a very long time, are the North Koreans. Personally, I think it's about time the problem got sorted out once and for all - in their case, capitalism seems to be the far lesser evil and they would be far better off without their psychotic government running things.

Of course, Western Media could be telling us a huge pack of lies and its actually paradise North of the border, but it seems unlikely.

• Like 1

The main thing that will be worrying the chinese is the mass influx of refugees that will spill over their border.

What grease is in threatening to bomb the us??

Aid. Either in finances, food or oil. It has worked in the past for them.

• Like 1

From my understanding of they did actually launch a missile at Australia, it fell in the ocean because lets be honest, it was made in korea, but still they did ackowledge the fact that a missile was launched in the general direction of Australia, they said they were 'testing' long range missiles and it was never meant to hit anything, a couple of other things, i thought the people of NK were not allowed to leave, i remember they were almost disqualified from the world cup when they hired a bunch of chinese actors to cheers their team on, they refused to let anyone leave the country at the time, im not sure if its like that all the time, but thats preety fucked up, back to the missile, do we all understand how how an atomic bomb works, the longer you can keep the explosion contained the larger the explosion, im just hoping this long range missile test wasn't a set up all along, imagine letting of an atom bomb with the pressure of the ocean driving it downwards into the earth, but hey i am paranoid as about this sort of thing, why cant we just ask the SK to move so we can bomb the crap out of NK, and then in around 60 years time they can hove both NK and SK and a third testicle,lol

it's like that all the time, they have extreme control of any citizens and visitors.

north korea is a backwater, the best thing they have is a downtrodden brainwashed population but they can't make any profit from that.

i really doubt this WWIII talk is worth the trouble. china is taking over australia (and other places) with money, when have you EVER, EVER known china to be aggressive? a couple of nearby territories which they have always considered as belonging to china. north korea invokes the wrath of the USA because they're desperate, stupid and insane, and probably think their fields of infantry count for something. sane countries don't want full-out war with america because that is an insane thing to want, their defense budget is astronomical, they own the sea and the air, and they have all the latest innovations that nobody else has. they've been fighting everyone simultaneously for decades. it gives me no comfort saying this but they can turn any country into rubble.

Exactly! The US could blow china a part with the drop of the hat, without a single military unit entering chinas borders. Chinas dominance is only still economical.

China has a huge armoury and footsoldiers galore, I think they could smite the US if they wanted, economics is not their concern they already rule the economic world, just look to google http://www.google.com.au/search?q=chinas+military+parade&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=800&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=sSJiUb6wO4udiAeG_YDICQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ even youtube?

Oh and China owns the US debt.

• Like 1

You guys are aware that China is contractually binded to defend NK in the event of an invasion right ? under any circumstances, it is a given.

Russia also borders NK.

After the latest BRICS meeting Russia held unplanned war games. whilst China has started amassing troops on the NK border. America is systematically advancing on multiple fronts and encircling and provoking.

This is probably the closest we have been since the cuban missile crisis. It only takes one more war on one more continent to mark this officially as the much prophesied and feared WW3.

I think we are in a good place to ride things out down here though.

But, no doubt the universe shall continue to unfold as planned right :wink: ?

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

i can't really see it. war games, troop movements, that's just what the military does. i doubt they give a piss about their treaty with north korea anymore than america gives a piss about their treaty with us. maybe there's a lot more to the situation, maybe somebody is finally ready to check US aggression *shrugs*.

honestly nobody has anything on the US military, except that the US can't bring its entire weight down in one region because it's busy dominating every region of the planet. you might defeat the neighborhood US forces EG they're prepared to kick multiple asses at any time. they've got the bases/airfields/carriers around the globe, their military budget dwarfs any country you can name, and their technology is more advanced.

i might add that they've been at war for over half a century.

they are a scary fucking nation. it might be easy to tell people you're the big tough big fucken macho man, in an isolated propaganda state, maybe he believes it himself.... from where i'm sitting yeah they've got a big army, they're probably not really sure how to use it or whether they can feed it six months from now... their big army is just a big target for the biggest arsenal on the planet.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

HAARP wars?

• Like 1

Oh and China owns the US debt.

no they dont where did you pull that one from

the technology of the American army is amazing and that's just the tip of there arsenal Nk is still using

two stage rockets not icbm's etc so the chance of getting the bomb of the ground is nil . They can

threaten us all they want there will be a few words spoken maybe a couple of border bombings.

The one thing is people think he is a idiot ( well the public ) but for me id be more worried

about south korea. Korea has nothing ,there are no spoils of war , if he had oil it would be

different.

Edited by bigred82

no they dont where did you pull that one from

http://bonds.about.com/od/bondinvestingstrategies/a/Chinadebt.htm

it's not in Chinas best interest to go to war, not at this point anyway ... for them it's about keeping the western economy alive, so they can continue to sell.

Without the west they have no market.

• Like 2

yeah they are just the major stock holders in America . We have to remember how young America is

they not only long ago lost there triple a rating .A saying my mentor used to say was you cant have

gloom without doom,its just how the finacial world works its history. imho NK will either launch a nuke

and commit suicide or take finacial aid in exchange for there weapons and allow in nuclear inspectors.

I doubt America would risk sending in troops we will probably see a "accidental " nuclear explosion

on NK behalf and wipe the fuckers out . There is no reasoning with them its not like we are going to rock

up and give them some American democracy. They are like the Hitler youth brain washed .

Edited by bigred82

So what if the US has a larger military budget than the rest of the world, that doesn't really mean much at all. A lot of the US budget is bled off directly through corrupt deals and spent maintaining a military presense in remote regions of the world.

All those budget figures show me is that US is very good at wasting money, yeah sure they have a lot hardware that can theoretically be deployed in the asian region at short notice but by the time it gets there (if it's allowed to) it will be too little too late.

US military spending is just dick waving bullshit, Chinas' military budget is surreptitious and not on the public record for the most part. Three gorges dam & all the associated projects were a nice little cover for the military/robotic complex China has been amassing for the last 15 years.

China has been amassing robotics on a scale that is almost impossible for many to comprehend. The robots range from full size drones all the way down to nano scale machines.

If the yanks think they will be able to land on the peninsula again like they did last time, they will be bombarded by swarms of kamikaze robots that will pizzle anything they try to deploy.

The US wants this war a lot more than N.Korea, as they have much more to lose. The US based world banking system is being bypassed by China and an ever growing group of nations that refuse to trade in the Greenback. This is the USA's last stand before the ship sinks.

The sleeping dragon awakes

• Like 1