The Corroboree
incognito

nth korea....

should I be worried??

would china be crazy enough to follow that crazy little man?

is that poor lil guy really that crazy? but really hes surely a puppet for the real powerbrokers.

could our freedom and convenient consumer lifestyle be in threat?

or.... over to you.

edit.. sorry if topic already covered, just been a thinkin'

and I value ya'll input :)

edit- and no im not hysterical just thinking about a topic. yes I see the media hysteria blah blah side of the story but that's not the discussion I was hoping to gain insight from but happy to have that proven ..but yes can someone with some intelligent thought on this matter please shed some light this way!!!

Edited by incognito

put it this way.

you are going to die. there is no escaping that.

whether now or later is not the issue, the issue is how you live your life now, from moment to moment.

don't worry about north korea, focus on yourself, and what you can do to make your world a better place.

cheers,

• Like 9

thanks. but fuck seriously?

Seriously....? dont even worry about it. We are not meant to go to war yet. Trust me.

well, i suppose we need to understand that our "knowledge" of north korea comes from western mass media. and they don't exactly have a stellar history of truth and reasoned reporting.

but, if you are directly worried about a north korea attack on australia, don't be. they don't have the technology and they don't have the allies (china and russia don't need that shit, they're just starting the BRICS conglomerate to usurp NATO and the west [watch that space, for real]).

but as i said, you will die. thats the only certainty in life.

• Like 1

yep. its better that we die, rather than worry about the political abortion that is North Korea.

• Like 1

im not worried about a nth Korean attack on oz. im thinking as a front for china to give America a nudge... possible?

The Norths actions arent as stupid as they seem. If they can convince the US that they have the ability to nuke US mainland they might be able to re-take the south without intervention.

At the very least they are gathering barganing chips for the next round of "5 party talks" or w.e. The US have already postponed a missle test of there own ...

• Like 1

god help sth korea

stupid humans

I cannot see much good coming from this is all. theres a lot of face to be saved.

nth korea either has an itchy trigger finger, or is all bluff, or am am brainwashed by what poor example of "the news" that I briefly skim over. I merely think over the idea. I know I have no idea, but for discussions sake.

Edited by incognito

well, china isn't going into a full scale war with the US, and neither will the US do so.

it's just not going to happen, too much trade and economic dependence,

US war with china is not going to happen.

if NK strikes SK then it will be over for north korea. it's obvious china and russia have lost patience, and will not back them up. so if it comes to a war with NK and SK and it's allies NK will be obliterated.

i don't understand why you're even worried. there wont be a world war. the new weapon is currency/economy. china and russia and the BRICS are the new western opposition.

god help sth korea

well, yeah, NK can hit SK pretty hard, but if they do they will lose all support, as i said. maybe what the people of east asia need to worry about is a NK which has no support, no aid and is totally on it's own. such a state has nothing to lose, and we need to feel for the people of NK as much as SK, for they are at the mercy of their commanders as much as anyone.

• Like 4

i should say i have no idea what i'm talking about.

:)

• Like 2

China is set to overtake the US as the dominant global economy within this decade anyway. I don't see any reason they would want to start a costly and disruptive war at the present. Beijing's refusal to send a high-ranking diplomat to Pyongyang also implies their level of commitment to North Korea. And if you look at the US's record of war, they're bullies. They aren't going to take on a war that they could possible lose in a dramatic fashion. If they're certain it is NK alone they'll be crushing with a pinky finger, then there's a chance - but there doesn't seem to be much financial incentive there, does there?

• Like 1

implies their level of commitment to North Korea

well, to an extent. i don't think china will take up arms for NK, not now that their country is beginning to pick up economic and world dominance.

i think probably the diplomatic envoy's are to persuade NK to chill out.

They aren't going to take on a war that they could possible lose in a dramatic fashion

hmm, iraq comes to mind, and now afghanistan. the US has a history of shooting first and asking (expensive) questions later.

• Like 1

qualia - i meant to imply that China's refusal to send a high ranking diplomat to NK was due to a low level of commitment, or even a suspicion about the reasons for the request (i.e. political leverage). fittingly enough, NK announced a couple of days after the request that they couldn't guarantee the safety of diplomats there in case of war.

edit: Iraq and Afghanistan have been profitable for the US elites, no?

Edited by raketemensch

well what is with north korea? whats with all of the malarcky? bark worse than their bite? they seem pretty mucked up, by what I read in the media, wouldn't like to see that imposed on sth korea, which seems like a more free place to live. why put themselves out there like this if they are of no real threat to anyone bar south korea??

has the world really been any different? not in my memory.. or is it all media surely not bahh I need psychadelics...

I really need to see the lighter side but soooo much evil happens in the world. really bad things. so much suffering. im so lucky I live in oz I really am.

see whats happening in Syria? Africa? far out. screw throw out the tv throw out the internet. ignorance is much more blissful than this!!

edit: Iraq and Afghanistan have been profitable for the US elites, no?

what do you mean by US elites?

lockheed martin, the oil companies?

certainly wasn't profitable to the US public budget, the two wars are the reason they are debating austerity now.

• Like 1

has the world really been any different? not in my memory.. or is it all media surely not bahh I need psychadelics...

I really need to see the lighter side but soooo much evil happens in the world. really bad things. so much suffering. im so lucky I live in oz I really am.

see whats happening in Syria? Africa? far out. screw throw out the tv throw out the internet. ignorance is much more blissful than this!!

no, ignorance is never bliss.

acceptance of impermanence, you and your mind in this time will pass, and there will be nothing of it.

you can't save syria, you can't save "africa",

you can affect the people around you, maybe spread the truth about the causes of the syrian conflict, spread the truth about US imperialism in africa, spread love and happiness to those closest to you.

• Like 3

the two wars are the reason they are debating austerity now.

Part of the reason. No doubt that is only one factor in the mess that is the US. History shows that the private sector in the US makes trillions everytime the US gears up for war. Microsoft for example. Its a shame for those in the US that the top end is hardly taxed.

I doubt the North has the current ability to invade the south, evan with a vast advantage in manpower and the use of chemicle and bio weapons. The South is sporting top of the market gear while the north is still slumming srround in vintage WWII and 80's soviet equips.

Edited by eatfoo

How can we truly believe anything we are told from the mainstream media..? For all we know we could be being told the truth...but based on the previous track record of the western mainstream media propaganda machine it's more then likely just another fairy tale being sold to the masses.

I mean they fed us a load of BS not that long back about weapons of mass destruction...this then gave them the validation to invade a country & give the power over to the people throught the democratic process. So now instead of a dictator the iraqee people have puppets to vote for instead.

How can we truly take serious anything that we are told by mainstream anymore..?

Are we still that gullible..?

Wake up...we are told what they want us to beleive & nothing more.

Money is no longer power...information is.

• Like 1

I think we all need to chill out a bit, this kid starting the war got his experience from Call Of Duty, Modern Warfare, and we all no you cant get a nuke until you kill 25 people without dying, but seriously i am worried about the iminent threat from china, i think we need to look at other peices of media like, did any one see the interview with James Packer, he does a lot of business with china apparently and was warning our government about being nicer to them,

Part of the reason. No doubt that is only one factor in the mess that is the US. History shows that the private sector in the US makes trillions everytime the US gears up for war. Microsoft for example. Its a shame for those in the US that the top end is hardly taxed.

yeah, thats private investment. i'm not talking about that, i'm talking about the vast sums of public debt taken on in time of war which get funnelled right into private coffers.

public tax money going straight to private companies, without public acceptance.

yay neoliberals.

i am worried about the iminent threat from china

please tell me, what is the imminent thereat from china?

Mate, dont be simple about this, i think we can all see the threat presenting itself ever so quickly, we hold a lot of resources, they do not, they have a lot of army we do not, there is a conflict brewing, all china need is an excuse to have a go, they dont have to ally with NK but they will not be helping america any time soon, causing more tension in an already uneasy relationship, we are going to be torn between countries here and either way we are fucked, look at our track record, i cant remember the last time we started a war, oh thats right we didn't, we just fought in all of them, we get fucked in the end no matter what, i just think we are going to get DP'd here, they need to tear each other a part while we hide in antarctica and turn the lights off, ill bring the hot chocolate if someone wants to bring some biscuits, i just had a baby and i can honestly say that i am wondering what type of world she will have to grow up in

• Like 1