The Corroboree
Bigred

who's up for a adventure ( Himalayas ) early 2014

snnnooorrrttt!!

thats a fucking great post!

incog, you should be a mod.

I reckon it would be fair enough to ask a mod to edit this thread so it stays on-topic. No objection to my posts being removed for this purpose

People trying to make travel plans need clarity

• Like 3

No objection for mine either. Sucked to see biggys planning be so nastily sabotaged.

He is deadset one of the most friendliest people on this forum.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

Punctuation is my specialty; I say this as an excuse to use a semicolon.

• Like 2

I have found that these are type of guys that will have other things out of focus too.

I'm surprised no one else has noticed but, what does, "these are type of guys" mean..? Ore is dat gud grandma..? :blink:

By the way "red", if I could make it happen, I'd be there in a heartbeat mate... :wink:

• Like 2

I'm lost to the reasoning of what someones literary skills have to do with their ability to climb mountains.

eg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenzing_Norgay

Belittleing another person seems only to serve the purpose of propping up ones own ego gratification.

Where is the LOVE ??

Edited by space cadet 101
  • Like 3

why the confusion? thelema became a troll (?)

sad that his brain decayed in such a way... (not really)

Maybe he's just sad. I've said it before - Thel needs some major hugs.

Hugs for your mean egotistical sarcastic sentiment - hugs for your awake at weird AM hours - hugs for your feelings of disconnectedness.

• Like 3

Ok guys we are getting some good numbers, so we will probably go to Nepal and Hire a Sherpa. Trust me it will be much

better then heading up through the Indian border and a lot of the people has expressed there lack of climbing abilities.

So im thinking just do light climbs and more treking and strain hunting . The thing with an adventure is really you never

really stick to the plan it just unfolds along the way

Thelma peace be with you bro!! I hope you are feeling ok and things are going well for you

edit no need to delete further posts

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 3

So to the people that want to come your going to have to be able to carry food and water for ten

days. There are streams along the way so it more you need to be able to treat it . I have decided

that we will hire a sherpa to guide us through a mountain track ten days return . It will be pretty hot

so make sure you have your gear suited for that . Will look into travel insurance the post ofice has

then pretty cheap no biggy. We will go in the month of april as it is the best time to go as the flowers are

in full bloom and its not freezing cold and pissing down rain

I've just got home and jumped out of the shower after my first trip to the gym in months. Gonna make this thing happen. :)

Is there enough water in general along the way for these things to be much use? http://www.lifestraw.com.au/

• Like 2

Good to see im training as well a good trick is just get used to carrying a pack . You might look like

a wierdo in the gym but carrying a backpack on the treadmill is great training. plus you need to learn

how to purify drinking water . I use a special bottle with a filter built in it plus a few iodine tablets . well

endorfinder there is room for you in my tent its a four man but three is high as i go. Have you got your kit

ready its good to share what we take to lighten the load . By this i mean we all list what our packs will take

for personal and communal items . so when we get there we are not lugging round shit we dont need . Just

remember it is going to be hot there so losing body fluid salts can be a problem

• Like 1

student flights at uni will do the tickets for 1800 thai air return witch is pretty good and we can extend it while over there for a bit extra

and then probably 300 a week to spend on crap. It is actually a pretty cheap holiday

plus if anyone wants to come to Vietnam in September October let us know

as far as cleaning the water goes, is iodine the best way? what about those
UV light systems? good to see you all are getting organised for this trip. a great idea indeed.