The Corroboree
reptyle

Alcohol Advertising

send an original email... expressing YOUR opinion... kids should have the right to be free from mindless brainwashing...regardlessof capitalist ideals.... which our society does not embody at all...

If I'm gonna email then I'm gonna question everything out children are subject too. Is this a war on alcohol or society and capitalism in general? Gambling isn't the cause of alcoholism nor is alcoholism the cause of gambling. Society/capitilism is set up to support this network of negative effects and flow ons, much like a fascist regime. I sense your angrier with the blatant misuse and misinformation the greater public takes in rather than alcohol in general... I don't have kids, nor are they even on the horizon for me aged mid twenties, but I do know ill b shadowing them more so from cleo and 1D adverts as opposed to drinking. The drinking habits and exposure is accredited to me as the parent, no parent can wholey blame TV and fight a logical fight as to why their children turned out materialistic and bingeing the white mans potion

But then again if you went this route with your Op you'd get nowhere and come across as angry so targeting the latest ads irritating you might be simpler... I mean no disrespect by my post, and it may only make sense to me seeing as I've been drinking since 11am with family and friends.

Oddly enough I did skin a knee today whilst playing backyard cricket and drinking a dozen tinnies, maybe you're right after all ;)

Home brew is legal? Pretty sure one can buy stills also... technology of fermentation? Sure an internet search or membership of a online forum, or even <gasp> a real club would be more than willing to impart knowledge?

This reeks of temperance. Id like to think that ive done a good enough job of raising ky children that they realise they have a choice and are not retarded drones. Give people credit for having brains brother.

Attacking alcohol or anything else currently legal as some kind of passive aggressive way to have entheogens / psychedelics legalised seems quite flawed. Keep trying though

people have become estranged from the joyous artform that is the cultivation and production of yeasts and alcohol... in a similar way they have left behind home food production.

you can buy stills yes.

just being angry solves nothing, u must choose a symbol of the wrong being done and focus activity towards it.

alcohol is the very epitome of hypocrisy, it is used in religion, it is abused in society, it is advertised to children, it is made to seem like a normal behaviour... the need to intoxicate is a deeply ingrained neurosis.

the need to expand and explore and heal it absolutely different.

if u think the world is currently perfect... then i see no reason why you would feel the need to comment on this issue? hmmm.

changing the drinking culture through the massmedia will be far more effective than changing drinking hours. obviously.

if u think the world is currently perfect... then i see no reason why you would feel the need to comment on this issue? hmmm.

Where are you drawing this assumption from? Assuming you are referring to some of the posters in this thread...

Your right reptyle I probs shouldnt have opened by beak. You got full right to your beliefs. Ae you were old chap ;-)

the mass media is a law unto themselves.

politicians are walking hand in hand with them, they (politicians) need the MSM to propagate their "message", and MSM need to feel important (although they are becoming decreasingly so). politicians placate media because they're afraid that they will turn against them (witness the current media treatment of the government).

you won't change mass media, not if you don't have equivalent funds as the alcohol proprietors do.

it's the people you need to change, if you want to change culture. and i very much doubt i you can get australian culture to turn against drinking.

i wonder, what is it you want to achieve? let's say you eliminate alcohol advertising.

then what?

if i am to change the people, i think it would start by getting you guys and girls on board...

any change is good change when it comes to this issue... making things move, creates a feeling that its ok to move. and then others notice and they also start changing things...

then what is a good question...

it is amazing how much small subliminal messages affect everyday decision making... adds on television are profound in their ability to alter peoples choices...

to remove alcohol from popular thought and everyday contemplation is a very good place to start.

i am also working on having ETOH removed from the list of FOODS and reimaged as a therapeutic good... it is already used in all sorts of medical products... it doesnt belong in the food standards code... once it is regulated under the TGA act it will be easier to use it as to compare and contrast with other similar intoxicant, at the moment it is exempt from scheduling. which doesnt make any sense.

Wow, its like a political debate in here, roll down the windows its going to be a long drive, i think that having so many different points of view is good, we just need to leave it on a friendly level, this is a sensitive issue with many opinions and knocking each others posts isn't going to help the brainstorming process any, complaint forms are good, but how about we all try to form a new idea based of all of our individual experiences, there is no quick fix, i think it will take longer to fix than it has to set in, and that the more people like us think on it and debate points, the closer we may come to way one day having a solution to what some consider a problem, and others consider nature, i dont really see prohibition helping to legalize other entheogens any time soon, prohibition has been enforced in many area's of the world several times, and has been repealed in many parts of the world several times, usually due to an increase in what is considered drug 'abuse', so i dont think grog will free the weed, but i still think this endeavour is a worthy one, keep thinking guys, we all have a piece to the puzzle the next person needs so speak up to help the next person with their idea's

Hear hear...

so... an idea? someone?

Maybe alcohol should be sold in dispensaries only to those with a prescription, that is if they can find a valid medicinal purpose for it.

Jenkem>Alcohol

Don't worry guys, we're moving into the internet age and televised media and propaganda are becoming more and more obsolete. When everyone accepts their own research on the internet as a better source of unbaised (or at least less biased) information, people will start realizing how much bullshit they've been spoon-fed.

That is, as long as we keep the internet open and unregulated. Freedom of information leads to awareness, and awareness leads to change... which is why I think it's so important to keep doing our best to stop people like Stephen Conroy from filtering our internet usage. That's the killer issue for me.

This facebook page is good to stay posted on this issue, if anybody is interested:

http://www.facebook.com/openinternet?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by Scarecrow