The Corroboree
Guest reville

L-Tyrosine

Guest reville

L tyrosine

$10.95 from the chemist for 30 500mg tabs

How long is it meant to take to get effects?

Im wondering if its a placebo but after 2 hours i felt great, it caught me by suprise but i felt a little giddy and very good.I hope its from th etabe so can be repeated.

Its only my second day but since yesterday ive had a libido surge and i feel alert and motivated.

either its coinciding with a natural 'up' time or its working very efficiently and very fast.

these tabs raise dopamine levels, is that correct?

so taking a tab a few hours before comsuming a sacrement would be a good idea?

making for a more potent trip and friendlier on the brain?

the fact that you feel much better means you had a low level of dopamine?

i seen them in the health food shop,might have to get some.

i saw SAMes aswell.

what would be better?

Tyrosine is also a percursor for serotonin.

Spiraleyes how much do the sam-e tabs cost from that shop?

what dose are u taking?

adam

Originally posted by Brett:

Tyrosine is also a percursor for serotonin.

Spiraleyes how much do the sam-e tabs cost from that shop?

No, no, no, no, no, no.....

I even had a naturopath telling me this a few months ago. I blasted the guy. Tyrosine is NOT a serotonin precursor. In fact, tyrosine will lower serotonin levels indirectly by increasing the serotonin antagonist dopamine.

Reville the fact that you get strong effects means that your dopamine levels are low. If you get no effect then dopamine is fine.

The increased libido comes from the dopamine lowering your serotonin levels for a short time. Serotonin inhibits libido.

Please watch out for an excessive rise in catecholamines, which can cause excessive adrenaline effects. You will know about them if you get too irritable or jittery after taking 500mg tyrosine.

can't u use tyrosine as a precursor to

mescaline for increasing cactus alkaloids?

or am i confusing tyrosine with tyramine?

Originally posted by psycho0:

can't u use tyrosine as a precursor to

mescaline for increasing cactus alkaloids?

Supposedly yes. The theory makes sense, but the practical side has not been established in a decent scientific experiment. I think Ramon showed some interest in this a while ago.

Guest reville

re catecholamines

yes i figured that this wasnt an everyday medicine.

I will try once a day for two days on and two days off. well basically im just going to play it by the way i feel until i figur eout my needs

My concentration is great! I sat down and wrote three draft projects last night - no mental fatigue or anything

woohoo

here i come exams

Guest ziebonka

What does anyone recommend for mental fatigue and depression, I tried L-Tyrosine but that did nothing which obviously means I don't have low Dopamine levels.

thanx

ziebonka.

two other herbs i'd recommend for this are damiana and rosemary which are both anti-depressant and thymoleptic(having a life enhancing and stimulating action on the body and mind). Lecithin would also help.

You might want to try cutting out caffeine from your diet, because although it is stimulating over a short term it actually inhibits your body's ability to rejuvinate, and you actually have more energy when its not a part of your diet. Apparently caffeine also interferes with the production of serotonin; lack of this neurotransmitter may cause depression and fatigue etc. Also long term use of hallucinogens will lower the concentration of it in your brain!

Guest ziebonka

Thanks Brett,

that may give a hint to the cause of my problems because my diet does contain a very high caffeine intake. What is gotu kola?

thanx a heap.

ziebonka.

i had a very vivid dream last night about what xtc feels like.

i had a headache from drinking guiness the night before(i rarely drink).deffinatly not dehydration i drank plenty of water.

after about 30 minutes of taking 500mg of

l-tyrosine my head and i felt really good.

Edited by spiraleyes

xtc releases dopamine and serotonin.

sleep releases serotonin.

tyrosine increases dopamine production and release.

basically sleep and tyrosine is like xtc wink.gif

however, I can't sleep on tyrosine

Guest reville

well. i feel like a new man ( no jokes please torsten wink.gif )

thankyou. i feel amazing over the last week

ive got get up and go , i feel great, my dreams are disturbingly vivid, my concentration greatly improved.Oh also ive lost several kilos ( i weighed 98kg so a few kilos is not an extreme loss for 1 week)

My girlfriend took one too and got the same first day 'rush' that i got but she didnt think she needed it twice.

i started on day one with 1 500mg l Tyrosine

day 2 and 3 the same

day 4 1/2 tab

day 5 nothing

day 6 1/2 tab

i think ill keep on like this adjusting for the way i feel , likely demand for release and the quality of my diet.

Torsten have you come across information re the effects of Psilocin/Psilocybin on dopamine and serotonin depletion?

..or the longterm effects of including slightly subthreshold daily doses of psilocybin, as part of a balanced nutritional plan?

ive had lots of vivid dreams about xtc and after a rethink of those dreams, i have come to realise that the best way to defeat a harsh comedown is by making sure you save some energy left over (which is very hard!!!) and say hello to mary jane....

i would also like to know if tyrosine would help

[This message has been edited by Pachanoi Adventurer (edited 27 August 2001).]

Spiraleyes, MAO inhibitors shouldn't be taken with anti-depressents(SSRI's)because this can cause serotonin syndrome.

Originally posted by reville:

i feel like a new man ( no jokes please torsten wink.gif )

damn...

thankyou. i feel amazing over the last week ive got get up and go , i feel great, my dreams are disturbingly vivid, my concentration greatly improved.

this just so vividly reinforeces my theory of distinct but separate serotonin depression and dopamine depression. Most cases have a blurred line, but yours seems to be wholly dopamine related.

Oh also ive lost several kilos

It can do that for many people who put on depression fat. Sadly it doesn't work for me.

i think ill keep on like this adjusting for the way i feel , likely demand for release and the quality of my diet.

that's exactly what it boils down to. Listen to your body and supplement when needed. This is much better than 'take a tab a day for 6 months'. Many people don't recognise when they are slipping though, so watch out for it.

Torsten have you come across information re the effects of Psilocin/Psilocybin on dopamine and serotonin depletion?

Don't think there is any notable effect on dopamine.

It causes the increased release of serotonin, but unlike some other drugs with that property, there doesn't seem to be a lull afterwards. It appears that psilocyin also triggers production or uptake or some other mechanism that increases presynaptic serotonin. I have not seen any studies on this.

Originally posted by coin:

..or the longterm effects of including slightly subthreshold daily doses of psilocybin, as part of a balanced nutritional plan?

Weekly use of shrooms (at full dose) for 6 months did not have any serotonin depleting effect on me. if anything then I would say it improved serotonin levels.

Daily use of 10-15 micrograms of LSD for 4 months did not produce any subjective serotonin drop. It did however have very stimulating and stamina effects on me at the time and facilitated me doing a lot of hard physical work in the summer heat. As sideeffect i also lost several kilos of excess bodyweight. These doses are virtually unnoticable. Every now and then I would get a really vague moment and this is definitely not suitable for anyone who needs to work machinery or cars. I was living in a timberhut in the bush, so the rest of the world was safe from me.