The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Fractalhead

PMA article on JJJ today

Hi everyone,

Did anyone catch that PMA article that was just on JJJ? Someone just rang up and announced the website address for the Lycaeum on national radio. Was that any of you guys?

Good thing or bad thing?

i'm still trying to decide.

what do you guys reckon?

cya

Fractal.

As the government isn't doing the responsible thing of educating about PMA, it is left to sites like the lycaeum to do so. The government is caught up in 'all drugs are bad', so they can't say that MDMA is actually quite safe in comparison to PMA. By separating the two they would also have to amend the ecstacy death figures, as almost all ecstacy deaths in australia are due to PMA or PMA cocktails. The government is sacrificing lives to ram the point on 'e' home to kids.

I guess the dicussion started because of that adelaide boy that died yesterday.

What's PMA?

Pre

Menstrual

Anxiety?

para-methoxy amphetamine.

It is made from anethole (anisseed oil) by a similar method as MDA is made from safrol (sassafras oil).

It is cheaper and more readily available, but it has caused many deaths and is MUCH more toxic. From memory it is 20 times as neurotoxic as MDMA, but as you only need half as much, dose versus dose it is 10 times more neurotoxic. It causes very quick overheating of the brain and death is slow.

Unlike MDMA deaths, PMA symptoms don't seem to be as treatable. That boy in SA was taken to hospital soon after he took it and died many hours (couple of days??) later.

I think it is unethical to make, promote, or tolerate this substance on the market and is one of the best arguments for 'e' testing stations and drug legalisation. If everyone used 'e' testers, the number of 'e' deaths in australia would be less than a quarter of what it is now. Roughly 3/4 of e-deaths are due to PMA. PMA is easy to test for (ie against).

While most MDMA users don't run into problems with the drug until they start overdoing it, PMA usually strikes with deadly results the first time if the person is sensitive to it.

brrrrrrrrr.....definitely not for me.

I've heard some people also get high on cyanide or strychnine...

Seems that those ruthless cooks have been at it again. And also the fellow that kicked it(sorry if this is a little harsh). Apparently that "kid" that OD'ed was a regular chewer of this shithouse drug. He apparently also had "Doctor Death"(adelaide's street name for PMA) T-shirts printed up, with something like : 100mg (??) rocks your life. Well it rocked his alright. Seems Adelaide has heaps of this crap floating around. Please be warned, these have been known to be a beige/chocolate brown filled caps, also choc-chip looking tabs, and recently Blue caps(the cap colour) and also blue powder put into clear caps. Appaerntly this guy had 2 caps. Fuck knows how much is in there (extimated 180mg, which must be cut a fair bit) but this drug is a killer. I know of a few distant people that have lost dear friends due to this drug. It also caused a fellow to have sever convulsions at a club, follwed by 2-3 days in a coma. Funny, the guy was the son of a high ranking police officer in SA. You recon that didnt stir shit......

I agree, testing is the only way people will know what they are eating. It should be promoted to save lifes.

Still youy cant save those foools that know what they are eating and continue to do so...

Originally posted by dutchie:

Still youy cant save those foools that know what they are eating and continue to do so...

Yes, but in most cases it is that they don't understand the dangerous differences between PMA and MDMA. If our government didn't lump them alltogether (drugs are bad m'kay) and actually stated that PMA is at least 10 times as bad as MDMA, then I think that would make people think twice. Also, if the death statistics would state 75% by PMA, 25% by MDMA & others, then most people would understand just how much of a risk they ae taking. But as long as they have been told 'e's are bad, but have found out otherwise, then they don't care which of the two they take.