The Corroboree
Darklight

Menopause remedies

You're going to be affected by this at some stage- either your own, or someone else's- menopause. I never thought I'd live this long :)

Wasn't having consistent symptoms I could identify as menopause or perimenopause, but I had this dreadful, dreadful lethargy I thought was a symptom of depression, even tho I felt emotionally fine the lethargy was going to cripple me financially sooner or later cos it was hard to plan and work

Mentioned it to a mate who went through menopause the hard way for a while and she said she had fast and complete relief from a commercial extract of black cohosh called Reminifen

One tablet daily for two days. Done full days work ever since, no shirking. Feel awesome

I'll keep on it for a few months to see if it's placebo, but I doubt it.

Might talk to my apothecary about a straight tincture of black cohosh root to see if they recommend it or not

Anyone else had experiences with menopause or successful menopause treatments?

( I put this here rather than Ethno or Pharma because it's a mix of both, and the product is commercially available )

chaste berry has some good science behind it in that regard. dosages vary hugely, so start carefully. the commercial extracts are gentler on the stomach, but also seem to fail in some people who respond extremely well to the tea, so my recommendation is to go for the plain herb in tea form.

Red clover. I used to collect this for my mum when she went through menopause. Ended up she would send me out hunting if she ran low, it worked that good for the flushes and stuff... I could ask her for a write up on how much it helped if you really want darklight? But yeah red clover flowers, dried and steeped as a tea a few times a day. :-)

• Like 1

Red clover. I used to collect this for my mum when she went through menopause. Ended up she would send me out hunting if she ran low, it worked that good for the flushes and stuff... I could ask her for a write up on how much it helped if you really want darklight? But yeah red clover flowers, dried and steeped as a tea a few times a day. :-)

Thanks mate that would be lovely. I don't need it now, but in the future I might :)