The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Stay Puft

Adansonia gregorii fruit

Hey people, long time no post, chasing fruit of the Boab Tree, and a plant if peeps have one, have cacti, poppy seed, and few other things to trade, or money if it comes to that!

Thanks!

bunnings are selling baobab trees now.

i don't think a baobab would grow in vic, maybe it survives wher avocadoes survive in vic.

Edited by planthelper

Hey, I have seen a massively productive avacado in Airport West... Used to work at Bunnings, seen their trees, may grab one off them for now but not expecting to see fruit for a long time off that and really have no good place to plant atm... more interested in the fruit at this point for some reseach...

if you get hold of some fruits let us know, i'm aswell intrigued by this fruit, as I heard claims, that the seeds were used by ancient seafarers to overcome scorbut. the seeds are said to be like a vitamin c pill, and stay that way for a long time.

I got no idea if this has merit, but I like it always, if the ancient or older method was smarter than the new one! :)

I used to have a pod which was carved with aboriginal motives, but sure when you get divorced, all the good things disappear suddenly. anyway I would check out the tourist traders up north.

Seeds are also readily commercially available, PM me if you can't find a vendor. I have a few on order I'd be willing to share now that I think about it.

The idea of helping start the life of a plant from seed that may still be alive millennia from now is just awesome. :)

• Like 1