The Corroboree
waterboy 2.0

NSW Police warn of 'Gangnam Style' acid

A batch of LSD tabs printed with an image of Gangnam Style internet sensation Psy is believed to be making teens on the NSW north coast ill and could result in brain damage or death, police say.

Police on Monday issued a warning after a 15-year-old girl was put on life support after having a bad reaction to a drug believed to be LSD at a party on Boambee East on Saturday night.

On the same night police were called to another party in Toormina following reports a 15-year-old boy was acting violently and suffering hallucinations.

Police launched an investigation and later charged an 18-year-old man with supplying a prohibited drug.

It is not known if the same batch of acid is responsible for the hospitalisation of four Sydney teenagers at a beach party on Friday. The 17-year-olds became violently ill after taking acid at a beach party at Balmoral Beach.

Detective Inspector Cameron Lindsay, crime manager at Coffs/Clarence Local Area Command said more of the same batch of LSD could be circulating in northern NSW.

"Taking any drug carries with it an unacceptable risk, but we would ask extra precaution to be taken in the area following these incidents," he said.

"There is clearly more of this drug circulating in the community and anyone who consumes it carries with them the risk of permanent brain damage or death."

The LSD in question can be identified by an imprint on the paper of the South Korean hip hop singer Psy doing the Gangnam Style dance, Det Insp Lindsay said.

The 18-year-old will appear at Coffs Harbour Local Court on April 29.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/03/11/15/16/nsw-police-warn-of-gangnam-style-acid

"acid" and "LSD".....

• Like 1

there seems to be quite a few tabs going round that aint acid at the moment. Be really carefull if you delve into these things. Remember if its bitter, its a spitter

• Like 6

i'd be curious to know if this is some sort of nbome, and from what i've read, taken in the right quantities is can be actually quite good (nb. i've never had it so wouldn't know). or is it not that? contamination or too strong drugs? poor market relations?

Could be LSD. The users might be inexperienced and/or mixing with alcohol.

Not a very informative article :\ Just another "Don't do drugs, kids" piece.

• Like 1

i've never had a reaction which requires hospitalisation(life support) with mixing lsd and alcohol

There were similarly vague reports about some probable-NBOMe's a while back. Unless this is something new - I can't see Coffs Harbour at the cutting edge of the analogues frontier though...

Edited by Anodyne
  • Like 1

Coffs harbour has a pretty big bush doof scene though and there's always a well varied mix of substances to be found at doofs

• Like 1

Such terrible misinformation.

Gangnam is certainly NOT hip hop.

• Like 12

if detection kits were made to be freely available and encoraged to be used quality in such an illicet scene as this woul sky rocket. wow...wowwy, don't wowwy ..be vigilant .

the relevant agencies know these matters but defer........so lame...they'd rather have the media report the '"bad' shit gettin' aroun .

mang'...

not that

"Hey, the police report that a really good batch of lsd is getting around, look for the identifying symbols or marks , blah blah blah"

i've never had lsd so i wouldn't know, but

I'm sick of getting Fed bullshit it leaves a fowl taste in my mouth

Edited by jwerta
  • Like 1

"the relevant agencies know these matters but deferthe relevant agencies know these matters but defer"

yeah, drug testing and safe drug taking would be sending the "wrong message". the message is "no drug taking is safe" and if it takes the lives of a few teenagers to prove that then so be it. but it's not even the police. police do the bidding of the politicians (and i'm including police chiefs here, no one made it to state chief with out being a politician).

finally, politicians don't appear out of nowhere. it takes a society to establish political norms.

• Like 2

"the relevant agencies know these matters but defer..."

yeah, drug testing and safe drug taking would be sending the "wrong message". the message is "no drug taking is safe" and if it takes the lives of a few teenagers to prove that then so be it. but it's not even the police. police do the bidding of the politicians (and i'm including police chiefs here, no one made it to state chief with out being a politician).

finally, politicians don't appear out of nowhere. it takes a society to establish political norms.

i meant to edit that but i quoted it.

say no to drugs kids :rolleyes:

Edited by qualia
  • Like 1

^^^

Well the paper often fluoresces under blacklight (and dyes too) - I believe this is where the "acid glows under blacklight" story comes from. So even if NBOMe's glowed and LSD didn't (or vice versa) it wouldn't be a good blotter test, as the paper might outshine the drugs.

I also found this gem: "I don't know if LSD glows under blacklight, but blacklights sure as hell glow under LSD"

• Like 8

Man 25i-NBOMe seems to be causing fucking havoc... "A Red Alert has been issued by the Trans European Drug Information Project (TEDIP) over the substance, 25I-NBOMe, which is sold as LSD."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health-fitness/red-alert-over-bizarre-killer-drug/story-fneuzlbd-1226583371088#ixzz2NEEDYjUd

I always thought Australia was relatively safe from nBOMEs, given the fact that they are just as illegal as other illicit compounds, but at a recent party I was offered 25b, 25c, 25d and 25i. Admittedly all of these people were offering their wares with full disclosure, but there are many unscrupulous individuals who will not do the same thing, so be warned everyone.

LSD can have/leave a tingling sensation or metallic taste (sometimes at the back of the throat). However, if it is bitter you can narrow it down to 25(x)-nBOME or DO(x). If it has a numbing effect it is most likely 25(x)-nBOME. If it is extremely bitter, and has no numbing effect, it could be DO(x), and you may want to prepare yourself (mentally and physically) for a long-ass ride.

Also, the general consensus is that 25(x)-nBOME is not orally active, even when complexed, so swallowing your blotter may help you differentiate between LSD and 25(x)-nBOME (although it will not help with DO(x) as that is also orally active).

• Like 1

I have no proof, except it happened before the invention of NBOMe class, I am sure I hae had bromo dragonfly on blotter before, and I certainly wouldn't complain if it happened again either :P

• Like 1

imagine the cia using that as a form of torture . A big dose of acid and getting locked in

a room with gangman style on repeat. I would of found bin laden in a day

• Like 4

I always thought Australia was relatively safe from nBOMEs, given the fact that they are just as illegal as other illicit compounds, but at a recent party I was offered 25b, 25c, 25d and 25i.

Legally equivalent, but easier to synthesise. And of course, it's much more difficult to just order LSD off the internet.

• Like 1

its more you have lost famous clandestine chemists, these guys could whip up a few keys in a heart beat

( thats a fuck load of lsd) and we must remember a lot of older chemists were taught lsd synthesis as

it was all the buzz those days ( and to get the precursors was a sinch ) . Also it was ok to do backyard

chemistry as it was deemed acceptable to study chemistry in your own home . now its automaticly a drug lab.

Which is a shame because most of our breakthroughs have come from a mad scientist with a passion. Now

you get the third degree when ordering a few lab items .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Leonard_Pickard

• Like 2

this was the first ever r.c to be tried and convicted

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALD-52

Edited by bigred82

^^^

Well the paper often fluoresces under blacklight (and dyes too) - I believe this is where the "acid glows under blacklight" story comes from. So even if NBOMe's glowed and LSD didn't (or vice versa) it wouldn't be a good blotter test, as the paper might outshine the drugs.

I also found this gem: "I don't know if LSD glows under blacklight, but blacklights sure as hell glow under LSD"

L s d most definitely does glow under blacklight, but your definitely right the paper could too so thats not always a dead cert

But as it glows its degrading the lab requires special lighting so not to destroy the compound

naja, bromo-dragonfly?? or 2cb-fly? I assume you know the difference. I was under the impression that dragonfly lasted 48+ hours