The Corroboree
sharxx101

Melbourne Meet Celebrate Autumn!!!!

Dear hippies,

Thanks for a great day. Sharxx, Amz, Drifter and Ubza - good to see you again.

Good to meet everyone else too.

Thanks for the drink, Sharxx. That was very fine wine.

Drifter, thanks for the cuttings. I really appreciate that.... most of my garden didn't survive my absence and thsi was one planyt I was definitely keen to get going again.

Carl, thanks too for the brug and the pretty leaved succulent (I can't remember what it was called or used for, but it is very beautiful).

Cheers again, all. It's been a while since I made a meet and Saturday was really enjoyable. I'll definitely try to make the next one.

• Like 1

Thanks for a great day. Sharxx, Amz, Drifter and Ubza - good to see you again.

Carl, thanks too for the brug and the pretty leaved succulent (I can't remember what it was called or used for, but it is very beautiful).

It was great to catch up with you again too Rabaelthazar . Hope you can make the next one.

The succulent is Sceletium tortuosum.

:)

• Like 1

Hey Amazonian I've tried putting up an avatar but it won't let me ; keeps saying file is to big ?

Doh!.. How many kb is the pic' you are trying to upload? Maybe go into paint or a similar program and reduce the size/pixels ? .

Keep at it Smigs', you'll get it.

The succulent is Sceletium tortuosum.

Thanks. :)

Rolling in a bit late....as usual..:)

Carl, again, thanks for bringing what you did. All the stragglers are now in my orphanage for lost botanicals. I'll bring them out to parade for new parents at the next meet.

You all are most excellent. :worship:

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone that could come a long to the meet. It was a great day in the park with lots of great food thanks to Amazonian and EtheralD for the eats.

Thanks Carl for all the great plants! It was great to meet some new peeps and kick back in the park.

May sounds like a good time for Autumn meet :)

Be well eveyone

Finally got my registration through, I'm Jasper, the bearded guy with a hat. Just wanted to thank everyone who was there, you all seem to be hella chilled people and I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this community and learning what I can. I am totally new to gardening, though, so I'll be asking for help left right and center.

For example: the plants Carl generously gave me (thanks Carl!) are doing okay, but these artemisia absinthiums are wilting a little. My guess is it's to do with the heat wave, but I guess it might be to do with the fact that they are still confined to these pots? Should I be planting these, or are they probably fine as they are?

I was curious if someone could remind me what the name of that drink was though? I asked just before I left, but I'm pretty sure I forgot the name within about ten seconds of walking away.

• Like 1

these artemisia absinthiums are wilting a little. My guess is it's to do with the heat wave, but I guess it might be to do with the fact that they are still confined to these pots? Should I be planting these, or are they probably fine as they are?.

G'day Scarecrow, welcome to The Corroboree .

The Artemisia are just thirsty.

They would love to get out of the pot and into the ground. :)

• Like 1

G'day Scarecrow, welcome to The Corroboree . The Artemisia are just thirsty. They would love to get out of the pot and into the ground. :) :)

all righty, sounds like a project for the weekend. i'll be sure to water them more often, too!

Artemisia are very strong and vigorous plants given the right condtions. they will die off in the winter, so best to get them in a large pot or the ground now, so they have a chance to aclimatise. but once their happy they are near impossible to kill.

I love them and have lots, and they smell beautiful.

:D

• Like 1

Artemisia are very strong and vigorous plants given the right condtions. they will die off in the winter, so best to get them in a large pot or the ground now, so they have a chance to aclimatise. but once their happy they are near impossible to kill.

I love them and have lots, and they smell beautiful.

:D

right, sounds promising. thanks for the advice guys!

Gotta try meet yall someday family life is always a busy one ! might bring the boy along hes five and would love it the gardens is somewhere ive taken him since he was born! on the down side his fricken rabbit ate alot of my plants as well as a nibble at the bridgesii monstrose :angry:

• Like 1

Hi,

OK. Let's have the next one on Sunday the 5th of May. 12 Noon. At the Tecoma Pavillion, Melbourne Royal Botanical Gardens. It's near RBG's Gate C, and at D1 on map 2L of the Melways. Doesn't seem to be any holiday.

It will be a good time for the collection of local therapeutic fungi. Maybe a discussion on the identification of all types of popular local plants found in the wild?

Hopefully it won't be raining on the 5th (but will be on the days surrounding that date.)

Am starting a new thread for this event.

Cheers,

Carl

• Like 2