The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
cornilius maximus

Pressure Cooker????

Hi All,

I am currently in the market for a new pressure cooker as my old faithful is to small and doesnt seal very well anymore and was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas of what to and not to look for in this process.

I use standard rectangle take-away containers for all my teks so I want to be able to fit at least 4 containers stacked.

Any suggestions are delightfully welcomed

peace

cornilius maximus

My advice is buy the biggest and best you can afford.

You may only need space for 4 containers now but in the future you may want to do 8.

Yeah I figured getting a larger than needed one, i.e 9L +

Im just a little unsure as to what defines a good

This one is a large one but I dont know the quality?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hawkins-Pressure-Cooker-Model-Classic-12-ltr-/181037723523?pt=AU_SmallKitchenAppliances&hash=item2a26b06f83&_uhb=1#ht_4233wt_925

peace

cornilius maximus

an all american will last you forever,but they aint cheap. Theyre precision made so they dont even have a seal. they seal just metal to metal

• Like 3

I have a similar Hawkins Pressure cooker to the one you posted. From memory it is 20L.

Have had it for several years with low/moderate use. It does leak ever so slighly but still PCs fine.

The only downside is that the lids is oval shaped and fits underneath the rim. This means that the lid has to be turned 90 degrees to the PC, inserted inside the body of the PC and then pulled upwards to seal. This results in a small amount of wasted space under the lid which needs to be left free to insert/remove the lid.

Presto 23 qt.

Around $80 + $40 postage from Amazon.

• Like 2

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Presto-23quart-21-9-liter-Pressure-Cooker-15PSI-/280754321894?pt=AU_SmallKitchenAppliances&hash=item415e42f9e6

this one has some interesting pics of mushrooms in the description, but yeah cheaper on amazon

The largest preesure cookers i've seen

can now be found in chinese bargain stores, or 'homewell' type 'acme' style outlets

for $30 - 40.

an all american will last you forever,but they aint cheap. Theyre precision made so they dont even have a seal. they seal just metal to metal

+1 best advice ever, your great grand kids will be using it

• Like 1